**DISCLAIMER: Honestly, if I owned Harry Potter I would be on a remote island in the Bahamas. There would be an endless supply of Appletinis and many man servants dressed only in loin cloths. Do I have all of that? Thanks so much for reminding me, but no, I do not. There's your answer**


Satellite in my eyes
Like a diamond in the sky
How I wonder.
Satellite strung from the moon
And the world your balloon
Peeping tom for the mother station
Winter's cold spring erases
And the calm away by the storm is chasing
Everything good needs replacing

Look up, look down all around, hey satellite
Satellite, headlines read
Someone's secrets you've seen
Eyes and ears have been
Satellite dish in my yard
Tell me more, tell me more
Who's the king of your satellite castle?

"Satellite"
By: The Dave Mattew's Band




Chapter One
–Getting There–


The meeting was over, and the Death Eaters all began to Apparate. Wormtail watched as they left.

“Lucius.”

The man with the black hood, who was about to leave, stiffened. He turned towards his leader and went to him. He knelt down, kissed the hems of his robes, and backed away.

“Yes, my Lord?” he asked quietly.

“About your son...” Voldemort started.

“I have no son,” Lucius said gravely, anger starting to fill his eyes.

“Silence! Do not interrupt me when I am talking!” Voldemort roared. Wormtail shuddered. He always was a coward.

“Sorry, my Lord. It will not happen again,” Lucius said as he graciously bowed.

“Wormtail, bring out my tracking device.” Wormtail did as he was told and rolled out a machine with blinking lights of every color. The machine showed a map of the entire word. "Wormtail found this for me on the Muggle black market. Stupid Muggles. They don't know genius when they see it," Voldemort sighed.

“This keeps track of the whereabouts of anyone I need to find. Whenever they use magic, I will know. I suspect that Dumbledore will advise the boy not to use magic, but he is bound to use it eventually. We will use this to find him, Lucius.”

“Very well, my Lord. But may I ask one favor?” Lucius asked, still marveling at the machine.

“That depends on what it is,” the Dark Lord said, eyeing Lucius suspiciously.

“Let me have the boy when you are finished with him.” His eyes showed pure hatred and maliciousness.

“As you wish.”

“Thank you, my Lord.” Lucius knelt down and kissed the hems of his robes again, and then Apparated out with a ‘pop’.

~*~

“The Little Weasel?! Is he insane?!” Draco ranted, going through the wardrobes of his secret flat. He was packing his bags. Hermione had accompanied him, to help him bring things necessary in Muggle life.

“Trust me, Ginny’s not going to enjoy this either,” Hermione muttered.

“Know-It-All Mudblood,” Draco muttered. Hermione heard his remark and flushed red in anger. She stood up and smacked Draco squarely across his cheek just as she had many years ago.

“Listen, Malfoy, and listen good. Ginny is doing this to help you. I am doing this to help you! So forget about your stupid, effing Malfoy pride for just one second and appreciate what everyone around here is doing for you!” she yelled.

Draco just stared at her with a mixture of amusement and shock. He never knew she had that in her. “Look Mud--” He broke off when Hermione gave him a warning look. “Look, Granger, I’m just not used to this, okay? I’m not used to people helping me and being nice to me. So excuse me if I’m a royal pain in the ass.”

Hermione smiled. “I’m glad you admitted that.”

Draco looked at Hermione questioningly. “I didn’t admit to anything!”

Hermione smirked at him and moved to sit in the rocking chair near Draco's bed. “You admitted that you were a royal pain in the ass.”

Draco gaped at her. “Did not! I said ifif I’m a royal pain the ass,” he corrected.

Hermione rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”

Draco glared at her. “So is why is the female Weasley hiding from the Dark Lord? Not brave enough?” he taunted. He turned, uninterested, back to packing.

“Ginny has been in hiding for a long time, Malfoy. Just be thankful that she is willing to help you,” Hermione spat.

Draco stopped what he was doing and turned to Hermione. “Why has she been in hiding? What would the Dark Lord possibly want with a Muggle-loving traitor like her?”

He really doesn’t know? That’s odd considering his father is the reason Ginny was given the diary in the first place.

Hermione contemplated telling him, and finally gave in. “Do you remember when the Chamber of Secrets was opened in our second year?” Hermione almost whispered.

Draco nodded. “Yes. That was when the Heir of Slytherin tried to kill all those Mud—er—Muggleborns,” Draco remembered.

Hermione remained silent. The whole ordeal had been terrible for her. She didn’t talk to Ginny for weeks after she found out that she had helped the Heir of Slytherin. Now she felt terrible about it.

Draco watched Hermione in interest as she seemed to be contemplating something in her head. Finally, she lifted her gaze and looked Draco squarely in the eye.

“Ginny did it. She wrote on the wall with blood, she let the Basilisk free, and she opened the Chamber of secrets,” Hermione whispered harshly.

Draco’s eyes widened in shock. He hadn’t been expecting that. “Bu-But how?” he stuttered.

“Well, it wasn’t really her. Tom Riddle, the Dark Lord’s younger self, was preserved in a diary that your father gave her. He made her do all those things. She was put in hiding in case Tom would try to do it again.” Hermione sighed. Then she looked at the robes Draco had in his hands and shook her head.

“Honestly, Malfoy, are you really thinking about bringing those? They look really expensive, but in the Muggle world, they just wouldn’t do,” she told him, trying to change the subject.

“These are my finest robes! What do you expect me to wear?” Draco asked snottily as he continued to pack them anyway.

“Jeans and a tee shirt are usually worn in Muggle areas,” Hermione told him. Draco snorted in a ‘fat chance’ fashion, ignored her, and kept on packing.

~*~

Hermione and Draco arrived at the safe house an hour later. After hours of trying to get Draco into Muggle clothes, Hermione was sure that she had gone insane. Yet, he was still in wizarding robes.

“Stupid effing Malfoys. Always thinking they’re better than everyone else. I should have shoved my wand up his ass. Then, maybe he would have listened!” Hermione ranted to Harry and Ron.

Draco, on the other hand, was nervously waiting by Professor Snape. He had two trunks which were quite heavy. Ron snickered and muttered something about him being a pouf.

Harry, Hermione, Snape, and the Weasleys were all crowded into Dumbledore’s office. Mrs. Weasley was crying and Mr. Weasley was trying to comfort her, but not succeeding. Draco looked around, impulsively bouncing his right leg up and down.

“Mr. Malfoy,” a voice startled him. He looked up into the eyes of Albus Dumbledore. “You are clear on everything we talked about?” Draco nodded.

“Then have a safe journey and remember, no magic,” Dumbledore reminded him. “Please hand over your wand, Mr. Malfoy.”

Draco fingered the wand in his pocket reluctantly, but finally pulled it out and gave it to the headmaster.

Dumbledore took the wand and signaled Professor Snape to stand. No one bid Draco goodbye, but that was okay with him. He wasn’t expecting them to. Dumbledore pressed down the statue on his desk, which opened the door to a secret room. Dumbledore and Snape went into the room and Draco started to follow, but was stopped by the youngest male Weasley.

Ron’s eyes were filled with anger. “If you do anything to my sister, if you lay one hand on a single strand of hair, I will make you regret the day you were born, is that clear, Malfoy?” he spat venomously. Draco looked into Ron’s eyes and growled. Harry put his hand on Ron’s shoulder to restrain him.

“Mr. Malfoy, you should be going,” Dumbledore’s voice echoed in the distance.

Draco nodded, his eyes never leaving Ron’s. He turned and brought his trunks with him. Once he was in the room, Draco looked questioningly at Professor Snape.

Professor Snape took a deep breath and said, “We suspect The Dark Lord is keeping a tracker on certain people’s magic. Mainly you, Dumbledore, and Mr. Potter. He wouldn’t suspect me.”

Draco nodded and stood back as Snape opened the portal to Draco’s new home on the cold, stone wall. Within a few seconds there was a ‘pop,’ and Draco was gone.

~*~

There was a huge ‘thud’ on the floor and Ginny nearly jumped out of her skin. She stood up from her kitchen table and slowly put down the magazine she was reading. She listened to the quiet house for any other signs of noise, but there was nothing.

She began to creep across the kitchen into the living room, where she supposed the mysterious noise came from. She really wasn’t dressed to put up a fight. She wore a pale blue tank top and star-emblem pyjama pants. Her bright red hair, of course, was down, but a little unruly because she had woken up from her fitful sleep about an hour earlier. She quickly glanced over at the clock.

3:00 A.M.

As she rounded the corner into the living room, she saw a dark figure trying to regain composure. It weakly stood up and let out a soft moan before rubbing its head. Its back was turned toward Ginny, so she thought quickly.

She grabbed the vase which sat on a nearby shelf and crept up behind the dark figure. It was about to turn around when...

BAM!

Ginny knocked it over the head with the vase, causing him to fall to the floor yet again. The figure swore very loudly and Ginny recognized the voice as a man’s. She scurried over to the wall and flipped the light switch on. What she saw surprised her.

It was a man, with two trunks, sitting on her living room floor rubbing his head, which began to bleed. She also saw that his head was covered with almost unnatural platinum blond hair. She knew immediately who it was and went over to him.

“Well, well, Malfoy. You certainly do know how to make an entrance now, don’t you?” Ginny said as she looked down at him.

Malfoy turned his head to look at her. His silver eyes pierced her brown ones.

Then, he growled in anger, “Bugger, woman! Nice way to treat your house-guest. What were you trying to do? Kill me?”

“As much fun as that sounds…” Ginny’s voice carried off as she tried to choose her words carefully, “…it is my strict orders to keep you alive.”

She ignored his glare and continued, “Listen Malfoy, and listen good. You are not a guest here, for guests are invited. You are merely a nuisance that I was assigned to watch over, protect, etc. I know you hate Muggles with a passion, but please to try to restrain yourself because you are now living in an all Muggle community, so get used to it! Besides, they’re really not that bad. Furthermore, I expect respect from you. I know it is hard for you to melt that frozen heart of yours, but try to be as nice as possible or I will defy Dumbledore and do your father the pleasure of killing you myself!” She finally finished, out of breath. He looked up at her with surprise written all over his face. Then his old Malfoy scowl came back.

“I don’t need your help for anything, Weasley, especially when it comes to protecting myself!”

Ginny quirked an eyebrow. “Then why are you here?”

Malfoy did not respond, but only looked away in anger and frustration.

Looks like I struck a nerve, Ginny thought in amusement, or bruised that big ego of his.

She kneeled down beside him and moved his hands, which were covering up his head wounds. There was a massive amount of blood and she gasped. “I am sorry, though.”

Malfoy sneered at her. "Whatever, Weasley," he muttered.

She stood up and he looked at her questioningly. “I’m going to get some bandages for you head. Here, sit on the couch and just wait for a second,” Ginny ordered as she helped him up to the couch.

She walked away and Malfoy took a moment to take in his new surroundings. A few moments later, Ginny returned with things in her hands and sat on the couch beside Malfoy.

“Take your hands off your head and let me have a look at you.” He did as he was told and took note to the things Ginny had. One of them was quite sharp.

While she was examining him, he asked, “What is that?” pointing to the particularly sharp object in her lap.

“Oh,” she said, looking him in the eyes. “Is Malfoy afraid of sharp things?” Ginny taunted.

“Shut up!” Malfoy sneered, causing Ginny’s amused face to break out into fits of laughter. “I just wanted to know what it was. You’re supposed to be teaching me about Muggles and their way of life. Did you forget so quickly?”

Ginny rolled her eyes. He’s so childish.

“These are a pair of tweezers. If you have any glass from the vase in your scalp, these will get them out.” He looked at her skeptically, but she continued to examine his head.

“Besides, since we can’t use magic, how else are you supposed to heal, but the Muggle way?” Ginny asked sarcastically, still looking at his scalp.

“Bugger. Stupid Muggles,” Malfoy muttered under her breath. She heard him and gave him a warning look.

“Lucky for you, there’s no glass. Go take a shower and I’ll ring Hermione’s flat to tell everyone you’ve arrived … almost in one piece,” Ginny told him. She started to lead Malfoy to the bathroom, but first, he went to his small trunk and pulled out shampoo, conditioner, and a bar of soap. Then, they continued walking.

“Ring Granger’s flat? What does that mean?” Malfoy asked with genuine curiosity as they entered the very large bathroom. It had a very big tub with a shower head and a flower-designed shower curtain. It was dimly-lit and smelt of cinnamon, which greatly suited Ginny.

“Yes. Ring her flat. We can’t owl each other without the chance of being caught, so we use the Muggle device for communication. It’s called the telephone,” she said, getting towels for him from the cupboard. “Okay, Malfoy? Tell-e-fone.” Malfoy looked at her very bemusedly, but she continued to talk.

“You just talk into the speaker with a normal voice. Don’t yell or anything. Harry told me about the one time Ron tried to ring his Aunt and Uncle’s house and he screamed so loud that--”

“All right. I get it, Weasel,” Malfoy cut her off. He really did not want her to tell him about the stupidities of her brother right now.

“Very well. I’ll help you get settled in when you’re finished.” Ginny turned and left him, shutting the door behind her.

As she walked away, she thought, How odd, Malfoy was actually somewhat … what’s the word I’m looking for? Civil. He was actually somewhat civil towards me—a Weasley! Perhaps things change.

She went back into the kitchen and began to read the magazine she had been reading previously. From inside the bathroom she heard Draco curse loudly. "Sweet Merlin's teeth!"

Either he got soap in his eyes or the cut on his head. Ginny chuckled and thought,

Then again, perhaps they don’t.
Leave a Review