New! Improved! Field Guide to the Aniseverse by Anise
Summary: The thrilling conclusion! Everything you always wanted to know about Anisefics but were too confused to ask! Completely updated for 2012.
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: Other Characters
Compliant with: Fully compliant
Era: Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Action, Angst, Crossover, Drama, Horror, Humor, Mystery, Romance, Smut
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 6779 Read: 13599 Published: May 26, 2012 Updated: Jun 04, 2012

1. Chapter 1 by Anise

2. Chapter 2 by Anise

Chapter 1 by Anise
A/N: This is a complete update, reboot, and rewrite of the old GttA! Yay! The first sentence still holds, btw. ;)

I still don’t know if writing and posting this is a useful thing, or the height of horrible hubris. ;) But, enough people have asked so that it seems worthwhile. So for your reading pleasure, here it is…


A Field Guide to the Anise-Verse.


Really, you only need to understand three things about the Aniseverse, and you’ll do fine.

1.) All Anisefics end up being D/G, or at the very least having a reference to D/G.

2.) ALMOST all Anisefics are connected. Lots of themes keep repeating (such as the Crystal Palace initiation for pureblood boys after their sixteenth birthdays.) There are also recurring characters (such as Marie-France, and Prudence, the madam of the CP.)

3.) The long and unfinished ones WILL be finished. To find out how and why, read the next chapter.


Anisefics are in this archive, www.dracoandginny.com, and some are still archived at Schnoogle from lo, those many years ago. Some are also on ff.net. NC-17 fics could never be archived on there or on Fictionalley, so the NC-17 version is here, and there are actually still a few on restrictedsection.org. (I can’t even believe *that* archive is still there, although it doesn’t look like anybody’s done much of anything for about three years.) These are in order of recentness, more or less. I kept the old format for the fics that were already here, but I didn’t really see the point of going into so much detail for the newer fics. Also, this has been split up into groups of long fics and shorter fics.

Ready? Here’s your bug spray… your backpack… your pemmican bars… and don’t forget your butterfly net! Off we go.





SHORT FICS


The Moons of Saturn In the Sky


Summary: Draco and Ginny struggle through love, lust, betrayal, and revenge. Is redemption possible? Read it and find out. A companion fic to Rinney's Rolling In the Deep.

Update: The epilogue will go up soon!


Located: here on FIA



Ginny's On the Telephone

Summary: Draco springs Ginny from women's prison, but will she ride in his aqua-blue Cadillac? And why is he using so much Miracle Whip? Watch out for that rat poison, not to mention the nine-inch heels... Utter crackfic (more or less) inspired by the longer video for Lady Gaga/Beyonce's *Telephone*.

Well, I was very amused by this fic. Warning: Those seeking strict canon-ness may be a tad bit disappointed.

Located: here on FIA



Full Fathom Five

Summary: The war drags on and on, and Ginny and Draco are trapped in a never-ending cycle of passion, betrayal, revenge, and reunion on opposite sides of the battle… until a terrifying chance comes along to change it all.

Completed: YES!

This is more shortish. I really, really liked this one.

Located: here on FIA


Close Your Eyes.

Summary: NEW, revised, and expanded version. What really happened between Draco and Ginny in the Room of Requirement? Well, some very interesting things, and the rating has been bumped up to Definitely Naughty, as y'all can see. This was written and posted right after the HBP film. Enjoy.

I loved this one. :) Kind of bittersweet.

Completed: Yes.

Located: here on FIA



Of Chartreuse Knickers and Countertransference
Summary: Draco could probably concentrate better on his psychology class if it weren’t for two things: he’s hiding out at Hogwarts from a murderous Voldemort, and Ginny Weasley is his tutor. It’s a sunny Saturday afternoon at the library, and Draco and Ginny are all alone. Will the primordial sexual drives of the id win out? Was Carl Rogers right about the power of unconditional positive regard? And why does existential angst have to keep rearing its ugly head? AU, set during Draco’s seventh year.

Update: Rereading this, I still think that it’s a really funny satire… what I might do at some point is to wrap it up with just a couple more chapters.

Located: here on FIA



Of Draco, Ginny, and the Excessively Extensive List of Salaciously Sexual Euphemisms

Summary: Either Dumbledore’s assignment of Draco and Ginny as Potions study partners was perfectly innocent, or it’s all part of Voldemort’s cunning plan to spread nastiness, evil, and complete and utter un-niceness over all of Hogwarts by getting his sinister junior Death Eater heir-to-darkness a shagging partner to perk up the apocalypse to come. Ron is convinced it’s the latter, especially once he learns the shocking truth about Ginny’s cherry pie, Draco’s remarkably long, hard stick, and the Undershorts of Evil.

Completed: YES!!! Funny, too.

Located: here on FIA


Harry's Saving-People-Thing

Summary: A triumph of bad taste, this stupid, dreadful, and hastily thrown-together thing began as a post in the old ARGH, and went from there. Basically, we were all arguing that Harry saving Ginny in the CoS did not foreshadow eternal deathless twu wuv, because, well, he’s saved a lot of people. My twisted little mind then wondered, “Hmm… what if the same thing had to be true of everyone’s Harry ever saved?” And this was born…

Completed: Yes.

Located: here on FIA



A Random D/G Smut Biscuit

Summary:
Basically, this was a cookie from *Man In Black*, which evolved into Keeping Christmas on the Death Train. Draco and Ginny are on the Death Train, and Ron is supposedly hiding out wherever it’s going next. Ginny got Draco to promise to spare Ron’s life once the Death Eaters catch him, and I’m sure y’all can guess what Draco got in return. In KC, Ginny betrays Draco the next morning, but in MiB, they keep playing mind games with each other for awhile. This scene takes place the day after Ginny and Draco first seal their bargain. It’s very smutty, and Draco has major potty mouth. Also, he’s darker than KC’s Draco, more like what that Draco would have become if Snape hadn’t been able to protect him from doing certain things and getting in too deep. You have been warned…

Completed: Yes.

Located: here on FIA



All's Well That Ends... Finally

Summary: A silly drabble about what would inevitably happen if Harry and Ginny ever got (God forbid) married. Anyone expecting intricate plotting or vast character development will be disappointed, but leather pants are involved, however tangentially.

I’ve always liked this one!

Completed: Yes.

Link: here on FIA



Lucius Malfoy’s Good Girl


Link: Schnoogle There’s one up on FIA, too, but it’s not as complete.

Summary: Since childhood, Pansy has known that she's destined for Draco. Trouble is, she hates him, he despises her, and his frustrated desires are turned towards Ginny Weasley, the one person on the face of the earth who is most forbidden to him. This doesn't fit into Lucius Malfoy's plans at all. So one autumn afternoon at the manor, he teaches Pansy a lesson in seduction, lust, and the twisted paths of power...

Completed: YES!

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.

Amount of D/G:Referred to a lot, but the main ship is Lucius/Pansy. Don’t look at me like that.

Nature of D/G: Very frustrated on Draco’s side.

Any sex?: Oh, yes.

How it fits into the Anise-verse: It’s a short fic from Pansy’s POV about what happened during the summer right before OotP. A little squicky, but it’s all consensual.

Update: This will be changed slightly—not a lot, though.



Myrtle’s Choice


Summary: In the fall of his sixth year, Harry slips further and further into despair-- until he finds comfort from a most unlikely source. What the living can't understand, the dead sometimes do, or at least that turns out to be true of Myrtle. But when they both crave the love that's forbidden between ghosts and humans, Myrtle finds that she must make a deal with the Endless to get what she wants. And those bargains have a way of being costly.

Important notes: This fic is my unwanted stepchild. It has the fewest reviews and the fewest hits of anything I’ve ever written, but you know, I really like it. Some people have said it’s the only fic they’ve ever read that make them believe Harry/Myrtle could actually happen, for whatever THAT’S worth.

How many chapters up:One

Completed: YES!

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.

Amount of D/G:Only a hint.

Nature of D/G:Doesn’t seem friendly.

Any sex?: Oh, yes. There’s an NC-17 version on restrictedsection.org, too.

Note: This is one of the very, very few fics with a positive!Harry that I’ve ever written.

Link: Astronomy Tower. The version on FIA isn’t complete.



Requiem for Draco’s Dream

Summary: Evil, evil, evil Draco. Paragon-who's-saving-the-world Ginny, sticking tiresomely to goody-goody Harry. And only one hotel room. They're SO tired from their search for King Arthur's sword in Avalon...but then again, maybe not as tired as they thought. But she thoroughly despises him. Doesn't she? Oh, and various gods, goddesses, and immortal beings begin to meddle in the affairs of mortals. It's Halloween night, when the veil between the worlds grows thin... Set in Irina's Pendragon universe.

Important notes: This was written for Irina’s Halloween fic challenge a while back.

How many chapters up:One.

Completed: Yes.

How well does it fit into canon?: Really, it fits into Irina’s canon for her Pendragon trilogy. She’s apparently abandoned it, though, so I would read this as a stand-alone fic.

Amount of D/G: All D/G, all the time!

Nature of D/G:Oh, so angsty.

Any sex?: Lots!

How it fits into the Anise-verse: It doesn’t; it fits into the Irina-verse. But I like this one a LOT. It does fit into the Anise-verse in spirit, IMHO.

Link: Astronomy Tower



The Spirit of Valentine’s Day, aka Anise’s Only MST Fic

Summary: Harry, Hermione, Draco, and Ginny are forced to endure detention with Snape. What does he make them do? Why, read bad fanfic, of course. My one and only MST.

Important notes: I still snicker at this one.

How many chapters up: One

Completed: Yes.
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through GoF

Amount of D/G: Quite a bit, but also H/Hr, R/Hr, HG/SS, and R/H.

Nature of D/G: Highly amusing.

Any sex?: Yes, but only the badfic portion is actually NC-17. Fanfiction.net used to host NC-17 fics, long long ago. That was one of them.

Link: FIA



Chocolate Shags

Summary:
The good news is that magical chocolate really does foster romance. The bad news is that at Hogwarts, everyone’s been giving it to everyone else… including the giant squid. Can Draco save Ginny from the horrors of H/G?
Important notes: This began as a discussion on the CS H/G thread about how silly it was to say that chocolate was a symbol of romance, because of all the characters who’d given it to each other. It just kinda went from there.

How many chapters up: One.

Completed: Yes.

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.

Amount of D/G:Lots.

Nature of D/G: Humorous.

Any sex?: Implied. It’s a rare PG-13, actually.
Funny, and very short.

Link: FIA

Mea Culpa, Confiteor


Link: Astronomy Tower

This was never put on FIA—maybe I’ll do that sometime, though.

Summary: Guilt. Confession. Sex. Betrayal. The agonizing power of human choice. They all collide when the Hogwarts train runs off the tracks near Coventry with Draco, Harry, Ginny in a marooned car... and a mystery brooding over them they can't begin to imagine.
Important notes: One of the first fanfics I ever wrote and the second one ever posted. Meh. The characterizations strike me as being a bit off now, but you know, I still like it.

How many chapters up: 3

Completed: YES!

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.

Amount of D/G:A lot. There’s remembrance of H/D past too, though.

Nature of D/G:Kinda weird.

Any sex?: Yes, oh yes.

How it fits into the Anise-verse:It doesn’t. I hadn’t started the concept of an Aniseverse yet, although I can see how I was starting to develop the D/G relationship. This also has the distinction of being the only thing I’ve put up anywhere yet that has any hints of slash in it. Harry and Draco had a relationship at one point, and they both remember it.



Sex, Sex, and (oh yes) Just a Spot More Sex, As Well As Some Spam

Summary:
Pity poor Draco Malfoy. His stunning looks, charm, and wealth have snagged boys, girls, house elves, garden gnomes, grindylows, and inanimate objects alike, but little Ginny Weasley may turn out to be the biggest challenge of all...and opposition comes from a most unexpected source.

Important notes: My first posted fanfic!

How many chapters up: One.

Completed: Yes.

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through GoF.

Amount of D/G:Lots.

Nature of D/G: Humorous.

Any sex?: Well, not as such.

It’s very funny and more than worth reading, if only for the line: “And do you have any idea of the agony of being babysat by Lord Voldemort?" Also, it’s a Monty Python crossover.


Link: Riddikulus


LONG FICS


Series: Ever Since Draco and Ginny: Reflections on Their (Un)Natural History


Draco's Dangerous Dilemma

Summary: All Ginny wants is to get the upper hand just once with drool-worthy hunk of man candy and callous playboy Draco Malfoy before he moves on to his next careless conquest. So how did this simple plan lead to time travel, nefarious plots involving the most infamous whorehouse in the wizarding world, and the teenaged Draco’s achingly sweet, chocolate-flavored kisses? Even Draco Malfoy was innocent once, as Ginny learns all too well…

Finished: YES!

Update: This is definitely going to be shortened in the Revision Project of Doom, although nothing about the plot will really change.

Link: Located: here on FIA


The Marshmallow Fluff Dilemma

Summary: In response to popular demand... (well, one reader asked for it anyway...) a fluff!crackfic!AU DDD. Draco. Ginny. Kittens. A bed in the Crystal Palace. Evil villains. Lots and lots of marshmallows. Need any more be said?

Short and completed!

Located: here on FIA


The Wedding Night of Draco and Astoria Malfoy

Summary: Draco married Astoria, but on their wedding night at the Malfoys’ private island off the coast of the South of France, he dreams only of Ginny. How much fun will that honeymoon be? Don’t freak out! It’s all going to be okay. Take deep breaths… oh, just read it. ;) A three-shot companion piece to Draco’s Dangerous Dilemma, it takes place during the events of Chapter 26.

Located: here on FIA


A Field Guide to Draco's Dangerous Dilemma.

Summary:
People, places, things, dates, and timelines related to DDD. Also a bite of a cookie concerning child!Draco and a certain teddy bear.

Located here on FIA



The Shadow By My Finger Cast

Summary: The sequel to Draco's Dangerous Dilemma.Nearly two years have passed since Ginny saw Draco in a coffeeshop for the first time after the war. The two of them have been trapped in a seemingly neverending cycle of lust, betrayal, revenge, and despair ever since-- until one night of passion at the Pureblood Ball proved to them both that their bond could never be broken.

But there's a world outside the fragile love budding between the pair. And Ginny just may find out that Draco's past casts a shadow that neither of them can outrun in time to save him...

Ongoing and about to be updated very soon!

Located: here on FIA

That’s the end of the series.



Malfoy In a Glass, Darkly

Summary: Many years ago, Draco Malfoy made a choice that led him very far away from Ginny Weasley, and the life that they might have shared. But not only is it hopeless to fight fate, its paths have a strange way of turning when you least expect them to, as a very unexpected person later learns... Scorpius/Ginny/Draco triangle, and fully canon-compliant.

Update: The existing chapters will be changed just a little bit, and then this’ll be finished!

Located: here on FIA



Millions and Millions of Malfoys (And One Very Sleep-Deprived Ginny)

Summary: Ginny Weasley is absolutely sure that Draco Malfoy is hatching a particularly evil plot as junior head of the Ministry Department of Culture, and that it definitely involves puppy-strangling, bribing officials, and consistently wearing trousers tailored very tight in back. Or at least it's a theory that makes sense when she's been surviving on two hours of sleep a night for far too long, and Draco keeps vetoing her sketches for the new marble statues at the Ministry fountain. But then Luna Lovegood gives her a potion with some very curious effects, and Ginny finds that she just may have to revise her opinions about those evil trousers...

Update: Okay, this one will SERIOUSLY get a reboot. A lot of plot development after the first ten chapters or so really did not need to be here at all. And then it’ll get finished!

Located: here on FIA



Nineteen Years Later... the Truth

Summary: What really happened in the DH Epilogue of Doom. Poor, poor Harry, so very clueless... Probably the closest to a classic mystery novel out of all of these fics. Or it WILL be, anyway, after the Revision Project of Doom ™.

Update: This was the fic that originally gave me the idea for the RPoD. There’s so much of this fic that I love, but it did get out of hand. OTOH, I know exactly how I’d bring it back into line (looks threateningly at plot bunny.) This’ll be the first to be revised!

Located: here on FIA



Keeping Christmas on the Death Train

Summary: Two and a half years after his failure to kill Albus Dumbledore, Draco has long been accepted back into the ranks of the Death Eaters. He is still obsessively searching for the rebel Ginny Weasley, but he hides that secret well. When she is found one snowy December night, he smuggles her onto the Death Eaters’ train with him. And he begins to learn that nothing will ever be the same again. The sequel to The Bat-Bogeys Cometh.

Update: This is a good example of a fic where the rabid plot bunnies got completely out of hand. BUT, it will be revised, shortened a whole lot, and finished.

Located: here on FIA


The Bat-Bogeys Cometh

Summary: In his fifth year, Draco was moving towards a dark destiny... and slowly, inexorably, he began to pull Ginny in. Find out what *really* happened between those two during the events of Order of the Phoenix. Harry didn't know the half of it...

Important notes: I loved, LOVED writing this one.

How many chapters up: 5

Completed: Yes.

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.

Amount of D/G:A lot. Their relationship is the absolute focus of this entire fic.

Nature of D/G: Strange, lots of unadmitted attraction.

Any sex?: More UST than you can shake a stick at, but nobody has sex. Ginny has to wait.

It actually began when I wondered what really happened between Draco and Ginny during the events of OotP. There were some unresolved things in canon that still strike me as strange to this very day… Anyway, this’ll be changed slightly so that it’s clearly the prequel to KC.

Link: Schnoogle
FIA



Of Binding Spells and Chartreuse aka Bound

Summary: By the spring of her fifth year, Ginny Weasley had almost convinced herself that she didn’t really still want Harry Potter. But when he finally kissed her one Hogsmeade weekend in June, she couldn’t resist the power of all those years of waiting and watching and hoping and praying. Six months later, her dream has finally come true… except that Draco Malfoy just won’t leave her alone. Strange things are afoot, and once Ginny starts to figure out what’s really going on, nothing is as simple as it seems…

How many chapters up: 13

Completed: Yes.

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.

Amount of D/G: An awful lot. However, I will warn you that there’s also H/G.

Nature of D/G:A whole lot fluffier than usual in the Aniseverse.

Any sex?: Yes. Woo-hoo! Draco and Ginny actually get to that point in an Anisefic!

How it fits into the Anise-verse: Originally, this started out as a fic for the Draco and Ginny listserv Ficmas drive. Of course, it ended up fitting into the Aniseverse.

Update: The ending will be changed just slightly.


Link: Schnoogle
FIA (NC-17)



The Quick and the Dead


Summary: On a spring morning at the end of his seventh year at Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy stepped out of the shadows that hid him in the prefect’s bathroom, where Ginny Weasley was swimming. When she saw him, she didn’t behave sensibly at all. So of course he had no choice but to do what he did next… or at least, that’s the way Draco remembers it. Now, it’s two years later, and Draco is about to learn the hard way that his bond with Ginny can never be broken… and that nothing which begins, ever really ends.

Important notes: This has been called the squickiest HP thing ever written. I’ve also been told that it has the creepiest Draco, AND the creepiest Ginny, that the readers have ever seen. I’m REALLY sorry about this, but it had to be.

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP. At the time, it was one of the few Anisefics that starts out post-Hogwarts, when Draco is 20 years old.

Amount of D/G: A lot, although there are also references to Draco/Pansy, Draco/Millicent, Draco/hookers, R/Hr, Ron/Luna, Millicent/Luna, H/Hr, Harry/Tonks, and some ships I won’t name here.

Nature of D/G: Creepy, creepy, creepy, sad, and poignant.

Any sex?: Ahem. Yes.

How it fits into the Anise-verse: This fic started out as a sequel to Szarenea’s Slave. Now, if you’ve read that, you probably remember that Draco kills Ginny in it, and then keeps her preserved body on the other half of his bed for an unspecified length of time, which I decided was two and a half years. That’s the starting point of QatD. What intrigued me were two questions: What if Draco spent a lot of time convincing himself that he never really meant to kill her, and what if he eventually tried to bring her back to life? So it goes from there.

Update: I really would like to finish this one. As creepy as it is, I’ve never been able to forget it. Actually, most of the rest of it is already written.

Link: Schnoogle
FIA


Unforgivable


Summary: Draco found Ginny in an abandoned classroom just after the Christmas holidays in Ginny's fifth year, and he did something unforgivable. But then, later on, she found him... and they both found that their combined fates could not be fought.

Important notes: Kind of disturbing, I’ll warn you right now.

How many chapters up: 10

Completed: YES!

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.

Amount of D/G: Lots, lots, lots.

Nature of D/G: Well, that’s where the disturbing part comes in…

Any sex?: Oh, yes.

Update: The ending of this fic will definitely be changed.

Link: here on FIA


More Info

There are also two other fics still up on Riddikulus and ff.net (Ginny and Draco Do America and I Still Miss My Valentine (But My Aim Is Getting Better,) but the problem is that I don’t know if they’ll ever be completed, so I can’t in good conscience send you to them. They’re funny, though.

Of course, there are also a few other things I’ve written that aren’t posted anywhere, or are posted in some weird place that I don’t want to track down right now.


I wrote chapters for All You Need Is Love and DMP’s Wolf By Ears as part of a fic drive. I think they’re up on FIA somewhere.


I actually did quite a bit of fanart, including some videos. Contact me if you really have any interest in seeing any of it.


Essays

There are a few here-- Anise's Insightful Lumos Presentations, Ferrets, Purebloods, and Lies: Draco in HBP, and a couple written by Creamtea back in the day, Creamtea's Spellbinding Book 7 Predictions!, Creamtea's Stunning Fall-of-H/G Theory, and Creamtea's Wonderful Draco/HBP Theory. The links are on this site, if anybody really wants to read them.


Fics That Might Get Finished, But Will Really, Really Change If This Ever Happens

The Jewel of the Harem

Summary: Draco's the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. Ginny's a mutinous slave in his harem. Ah, how did this happen? The year is 1563. It is a world of great pagaentry, beauty, savagery, violence, and intrigue. And things just got a whole more complicated. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, and Ginny have traveled backwards through time with Professor Moody. They sail on an Elizabethan galleon towards Istanbul in a desperate race to find the mysterious talisman of power, the Jewel of the Harem. But they'll have to beat Lucius Malfoy to it and he's aided by Draco and the ancient dark wizard Grindelwald, who makes Voldemort look like Disney's Aladdin...

Completed: No.

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through GoF originally, although it definitely takes OotP into consideration.

Amount of D/G:A lot, but it’s also a very, VERY plot-heavy book.

Nature of D/G: Not nearly as creepy as Unforgivable or QatD, but Draco has a long way to go before he admits the feelings he has for Ginny.

Update: This fic started with one original concept about Ginny in the Ottoman harem, and it got out of control like no other. If it ever gets finished, I’ll return to that, and it’ll basically be what the entire fic is about.


Link: Schnoogle
FIA


Fics That Are Going Far, Far Away

Heavenly Creatures

Summary: It is the summer of 1997, and all Hogwarts walks in fear. Six months earlier, Death Eaters attacked the Hogwarts train on its return from the Christmas holidays, killing some students, and taking others back with them. And Ginny saw the final fall of Draco Malfoy. Little does she know that the worst is yet to come. Yet she cannot stop trying to figure out the point of inevitability, the last chance to change the events that are bearing down on her like an avalanche. She may not know, but she can remember that last summer before it all began, the summer at Twelve Grimmauld Place with Sirius Black... and the secrets Harry did not know.

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.

How many chapters up: 11

Completed: Nope

Amount of D/G: Quite a lot, but also a lot of plot. There’s actually a lot more to come.

Nature of D/G: During the flashback sequence, which goes back to the OotP summer right before Harry showed up, both Draco and Ginny were not admitting their attraction to each other at all. Once it gets back to 1997… well, you’ll see!

Any sex?: Not exactly, but there are D/G scenes, and there’s a scene with Sirius and Ginny that some might find a tad bit squicky. I tried to make it as tasteful as I could.

How it fits into the Anise-verse: It’s the AU to JotH. In JotH it’s the AU that the Death Eaters are actually trying to get back to because they believe that if they merge it with their own, they’ll gain enough power to have both Grindelwald and Voldemort. It’s the second book in the HC trilogy.

Update: This thing will never be finished, because KC is now the sequel to TBBC, and they’ll both be changed to reflect that.
Link: Schnoogle
FIA (not as many chapters up as on Schnoogle, though)


Man In Black


Summary: Two and a half years after the events of Heavenly Creatures, the Death Eaters have won. Or at least it looks that way. Ron and Ginny have been on the run all that time, and when he’s captured, Ginny will do anything to save his life. Unfortunately, she can’t make a bargain with anyone except Draco Malfoy… and she only has one thing left to bargain with.

Important notes:

How many chapters up: 0

How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.

Completed: Actually, it almost is. But in notebook form.

Amount of D/G: It’s pretty much all D/G.

Nature of D/G: Very powertrippy.

Any sex?: Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots. Oh my.

How it fits into the Anise-verse: At the end of MiB, Ginny makes a decision that leads directly to the JotH-iverse. I can’t tell you how right now. ;) It’s the third and last book in the HC trilogy.

ETA: Okay, this one isn’t exactly going away. It was never actually posted in the first place! But KC is really the sequel rather than MIB, so fics will be changed to reflect that.

Link: In notebooks in my attic.



A Few FAQ’S:


Why Do These Read Less and Less Like Canon As Time Goes By?

Basically, because canon is closed now. I don’t really see JKR ever writing anything else in the HP-verse (which we can see from her upcoming book, in fact.) That long-rumored encyclopedia might eventually get done, but I have to say that I doubt it. Long, long, long-running fandoms—the kind where the canon closed so long ago that it’s all out of copyright—have a huge range of writing styles, some of which do not follow the original canon at all. The Sherlock Holmes world is a good example—it was THE original fandom. In it you will find some very canon-compliant fics, and some… not so much. Jane Austen is another example. Anyway, more about this in an upcoming essay.


Are There Any Dark Secrets About Anisefics?

My very first fanfic (not the first one ever published, which was Sex, Sex, and A Spot More Sex) was a long and horrifyingly awful thing called The Sins of the Fathers, aka Guilty As Sin. Very, very bad D/G. No, I’m serious… incredibly bad. It had every cliché, including PerfectandGorgeous!Ginny, Abusive!Lucius, and SensitiveandMisunderstood!Draco. Oh, and also the Mall of America. (I’m not kidding.) Most of it was actually up on the Pillar of Fire Yahoo group and is probably still there, but I’m NOT posting it anywhere else.

Why Revise and Repost the Guide Now?

The thrilling answer is coming up in Chapter 2. ;)
Chapter 2 by Anise
A/N: Thanks to all readers and reviewers, especially: Mungihead, pitzi, and cherryredxx.


THE FINAL FAQ’S


Q: What would you recommend for me if I want to read something that’s finished and that’s also pretty good?

A: (looks around) Um… who’s talking? Maybe it’s better not to ask. Anyway…

If you want something short:

Close Your Eyes, Harry's Saving-People-Thing ,
A Random D/G Smut Biscuit , All's Well That Ends... Finally , The Spirit of Valentine’s Day, aka Anise’s Only MST Fic , Chocolate Shags, and Sex, Sex, and (oh yes) Just a Spot More Sex, As Well As Some Spam


If you want something medium:

Full Fathom Five, and Of Draco, Ginny, and the Excessively Extensive List of Salaciously Sexual Euphemisms

If you want something long:

The Bat-Bogeys Cometh , Bound ,Unforgivable, and Draco's Dangerous Dilemma (put at the bottom just because the series isn’t finished yet)

If you want total crackfic:

Ginny’s On the Telephone


If you want to listen to podcasts:

I already volunteer for Librivox.org, so I have all the recording equipment I need. I think I'm going to start recording some of the fics. Suggestions are welcome, and more updates on this project soon!



Q:Wait, wait, wait. So what’s finished and what isn’t?

A: Well, BASICALLY, here’s what we’ve got in the Aniseverse (this one anyway):


Finished Short Fics:

Ginny’s On the Telephone

Full Fathom Five

Close Your Eyes

Of Draco, Ginny, and the Excessively Extensive List of Salaciously Sexual Euphemisms

Harry's Saving-People-Thing

A Random D/G Smut Biscuit

All's Well That Ends... Finally

Lucius Malfoy’s Good Girl

Myrtle’s Choice

Requiem for Draco’s Dream

The Spirit of Valentine’s Day, aka Anise’s Only MST Fic

Chocolate Shags

Mea Culpa, Confiteor

Sex, Sex, and (oh yes) Just a Spot More Sex, As Well As Some Spam



Unfinished Short Fics:

The Moons of Saturn In the Sky

However, the epilogue is almost done and will be up very soon. So it’s almost finished.

Of Chartreuse Knickers and Countertransference


1 Series


Series: Ever Since Draco and Ginny: Reflections on Their (Un)Natural History

The Wedding Night of Draco and Astoria Malfoy

The Marshmallow Fluff Dilemma


A Field Guide to Draco's Dangerous Dilemma

Draco's Dangerous Dilemma

The Shadow By My Finger Cast


More Finished Long Fics (not counting DDD):


The Bat-Bogeys Cometh

Bound

Unforgivable



Unfinished Long Fics (not counting The Shadow By My Finger Cast:)


Malfoy In a Glass, Darkly

Millions and Millions of Malfoys (And One Very Sleep-Deprived Ginny)

Nineteen Years Later... the Truth

Keeping Christmas On the Death Train

The Quick and the Dead


(peers over the list) Um… so, 14 long fics-- if you count Jewel of the Harem, Heavenly Creatures, Man In Black, and Guilty As Sin. Those four WERE written, so I guess they SHOULD be counted. ;) But that means we’ve got 10 fics that:

a.) Anybody on the planet should ever read (so that wouldn’t be Guilty As Sin.)

And

b.) Either are finished, or will be finished.


Q: Will those long fics ever get finished?!? I want to find out what happened to Draco and Ginny! The gnawing unanswered questions are keeping me up at night and forcing me to go the freezer at 3 a.m. and eat all the chocolate mousse ice cream!!

A: Thought you’d never ask! I’m starting a Official Revision Project of Doom ™. That’s one of the main reasons for re-posting an updated version of the Field Guide.


The Proposed Order of the Revision and Completion Project of Doom ™:


1.) Keeping Christmas On the Death Train

As of June 2012, I have an entire summary of each chapter done, along with an outline of what I have planned for it. If it gives y’all a clue, it’s sixty-eight pages long. BUT—I know exactly what has to happen in the revision. There’s a huge section in the middle that’s just going to go to fanfic heaven. (It’s a very nice place. Draco lounges around on the clouds in boxers all day, and they have little hearts on them.) So the revised KC will be less than half as long—probably around fifty chapters. I’m thinking about renaming it Death Train, too.

2.) Nineteen Years Later... the Truth

Originally, I’d thought about revising this one first, and I already have the complete outline. I definitely know exactly how it has to end. However, KC is much more straightforward—that’s mostly a matter of getting rid of what isn’t necessary. I do know exactly how the NYL revision is going to work, though. And a shoutout to ForeverYoung, who emailed me about it! My reply emails kept getting bounced back, so this is your answer. :)

3.) Millions and Millions of Malfoys (And One Very Sleep-Deprived Ginny)

I really want to finish this one… I always loved it, but the plotline got badly derailed and never went back on track again. A LOT would be cut from this, and a new ending written.

4.) Malfoy In a Glass, Darkly

I’ve been stuck on the next chapter of MIaG for a long time, even though almost the entire rest of the fic is already written. I think the problem is that it was derailed just a little bit, and Scorpius didn’t want to talk to me after that. :P So with this one, it would be more about fixing the eentsy part that went wrong and then finishing it from there. Maybe this would actually be #3. I can’t decide yet.

5.) The Quick and the Dead

I want to finish this one even though I’m not sure how many people liked it. The ending has always haunted me… but it’ll be last on the list!


Q: So what exactly is the point of starting this huge project?


A: First of all, I just really, really want to get all these fics where they should be. All these flapping unfinished loose ends floating around in cyberspace… it just feels wrong. So that’s a large part of it.

Second of all, there’s the importance of D/G itself. I have an essay on that subject that I’m working on, and it might get posted soon. But to touch on these issues briefly… I feel that fics centered around and inspired by this pairing are and remain so worthwhile, even though the actual canon has closed. We are left with these two fascinating characters, and the characters are the key to what makes a fandom last. The Sherlock Holmes fandom is still very active, for instance, even though their canon was closed in 1927 and the first SH fanfic was written over a hundred years ago. It’s easy to focus on the importance of plot in mysteries, but if plot were really the driving force, then any detective in the history of good detective writing should have a fandom going. There’s a reason why they don’t. What people remember and what they’re haunted by is the characters in that world, and they keep trying and trying to work out their own visions of who those characters really are and what they do. This is what D/G fanfic can continue to do and to be.

Now, we can’t do what they do in a fandom where all (or almost all) of the original works are so old that they're out of copyright and in the public domain. Anything based on that canon can be published. (That’s why there’s Pride and Prejudice and Zombies-- Jane Austen’s last novels were published in 1818.) To return to the SH world, the number of published works based on the SH world is almost unbelievable: Carole Nelson Douglas’s Irene Adler series, endless reboots of the film franchise (Guy Clark’s being the latest), the BBC series, the graphic novels… it goes on and on. So that leads us to…


Q: Why don’t you publish your own books?? I would line up in a hurricane to buy them/pirate the Kindle editions/shred them and use them as kitty litter!


D/G fanfic is what brought me back to writing fiction after I thought I’d never touch it again. But… I THINK I’m ready to dip my foot back in those waters (ready to run from the sharks.) There have definitely been some recent authors who got their start in fanfic (Cassie Claire is one, and at least a couple of people began their currently published books as Twilight fanfics.) That’s what I want to do.

I'm working on a couple of mystery novels right now. More details later! And whatever those fics become, I think that the characters of Draco and Ginny will always play some part in them. This fandom has been very, very good to me, and I love you all! And now it’s time to spread my wings and fly… (peeks over cliff. A 747 might be a good idea just now.)


So that’s the end for now. This has been an Official Tour of the Aniseverse (tm.) Please return all camping equipment at the door, and we hope you have enjoyed your journey. If you have any additional questions, please post them in the reviews! And thank you for being an Anise reader. :)
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=7316