This is a test. by Anise
Summary: This is a test. It's only a test. If this were an actual Draco and Ginny fic, you'd see... Draco and Ginny. Even though they kind of showed up anyway. ;) I deleted the test chapter 3, but I couldn't keep the fic from showing up in recently updated anyway!!! So I decided to add a short chapter of explanation as to what it originally was, which was a retest of a rewrite of Chapter 38 of Nineteen Years Later. Yep, in proof that miracles do exist, that fic is being worked on AGAIN. O.o
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 555 Read: 2941 Published: Aug 21, 2016 Updated: Mar 05, 2017

1. Chapter 1 by Anise

2. Chapter 2 by Anise

3. Chapter 3 by Anise

Chapter 1 by Anise
There's REALLY nothing to see here, so move along to Chapter 2.
Chapter 2 by Anise
Sorry, testing THIS again... NOTHING TO see here... move along...

"What?" Draco asked indignantly.

Ginny rolled her eyes. "It's nothing but a test of the Fire and Ice Archive story function, Draco."

"I'm in it," Draco pointed out. "That means that this chapter must be of SOME importance."

"That means that the chapter needed to be one hundred words."

"She could have generated lorem ipsum text instead," said Draco.

"Well... er...you're helping this test chapter to reach the required length while still providing some sort of appropriate content, that's all," said Ginny, shrugging.

Draco smirked at her, leaning against the mantel of the fireplace in his private room in the Slytherin dungeons, and she colored as she realized what she said.

"I only mean that it's rather hard without introducing you," she said lamely.

"Really?" asked Draco. "I should have thought quite the opposite."

"I mean that it would take too long!"

"That's not what you said last night."

"All right; that's it, we've reached 100 words!" exclaimed Ginny.

He caught at her hand. "But that doesn't mean that you need to leave quite so quickly, Ginny."

"I should think that we could go a bit longer than that," she said primly, trying to ignore her speeding heartbeat.

"Let's make it to ten thousand, at least," he whispered in her ear, and they went to work straightaway.



Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe... '
Okay, this is just a test. ;)
Chapter 3 by Anise
Okay, i just did this as a test, but there doesn't seem to be any way to keep the fic from showing up as being recently updated!! :P So... well, I guess there could be a little content here... this chapter was originally a test of a revised chapter of Nineteen Years Later. Yep, THAT Nineteen Years Later!! The one that was last worked on literally six years ago to the day!!!! Why? Creativity moves in mysterious ways... ;)

Anyway, there's something about chapters 38 and 39 that has never really made a lot of sense. Ginny is in the Pensieve memory watching that pivotal events where Lucius Malfoy ended up dead and Narcissa went nuts, and it's a long story as to exactly why, but she ends up having sex with the eighteen year old Draco. He SUDDENLY gets incredibly nasty, and there isn't really any explanation as to why. Well, the reason became obvious when re-reading it now... the evil book of dark spells is actually in the room with Draco and Ginny!! It's clearly having a negative influence over both of them and driving Draco to his worst behavior. But this was never spelled out or really even hinted at. So this is what I'm going back and fixing.

The problem is that the server suddenly decided for no apparent reason that it didn't like the re-uploaded chapter. I tried and tried to find out why, went through it paragraph by paragraph and finally word by word (not fun,) and I still don't know, but I took out one line and it's working now. O.o. The point is, Chapter 38 of NYL is now updated, the next two will be soon, and a NEW CHAPTER will be posted after that! Yay! :)
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=7558