A Story of the Shadowed Ones

Prolouge
Oh my, do we have a problem here! Everyone knows about Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger. They are, of course, everybody's favorite, since they are all the heroes. But what about all the people they've overshined to get that role? What about a certain boy and girl that have be background characters? Isn't it about time that they got their own story? Well that's exactly what this is... a story of the shadowed ones. Believe me, Harry Potter is not the hero this time!

:***: Chapter One

It had finally come to the stage that Ginny had been dreading most....fear.

First, it had been pain. The pain of not being wanted was hard to bare. His statement had left her aching. That led to the next stage. It was emptiness. She had wanted him for so long, and she had finally gotten him. Being with him had filled her with so much emotion. Having all that ripped away so quickly left her with a huge hole that needed mending. The only problem was that there was no one left that Ginny wanted to do it.

Finally, it had come to come week after the separation. The realization was that she'd been so sure that he'd been the one for so long, and now that he wasn't, she was left alone. The fear of having no one beside her was overwhelming, but there was no way to stop it.

Ginny Weasley sat in her room with the curtains drawn and the door locked. Of course,no one would bother her because nobody cared. All eyes were constantly on Harry Potter. Yes, he was the one that everybody wanted to make happy. Each and every member of the Weasley family had taken their turn in making him smile. All had remained unsuccessful, save for her.

Ginny felt the sting of tears as she remembered all that had happened in the past month. She tried to block it out, but she felt the memories washing over her....

Harry came to the Burrow looking as depressed as a basset hound. Ginny's heart reached out to him. She'd loved him at first sight, and seeing him now so hurt nearly destroyed her. Harry had been through so much, and had nearly every parent figure he had died because of him(in his mind atleast). The guilt, as far as Ginny could tell, had been consuming him ever since.

Ron and Hermione had tried their best to convince him that it wasn't his fault, but Harry was too stubborn. So, it had come down to Ginny to knock some sense into him. She and Harry were sitting on the couch one evening while the rest of them, caugth up in another futal attempt to cheer Harry up, were playing Quidditch. She had stayed behind with Harry after he had politely declined.

It's now or never,Ginny thought, and took the plunge.

"Harry, I know how you feel," It took forever for a shocked Harry to reply.

"How could you know? Ron and Hermione have been through nearly everything with me, and they don't even know, so how could you possibly?!" he snapped.

"Because, I still feel guilty sometimes for what I did in the Chamber of Secrets." Ginny replied calmly.

"Yeah, but what you did was fixable! This isn't! I can't bring Sirius back! He's dead, along Cedric, and my parents!" Harry yelled.

"And you think that's your fault?!" Ginny asked, raising her voice little.

"Who's else could it be? I was the one who dragged him there, wasn't I?"

"No! Vol-Voldermort did!" Ginny screamed, her voice shaking, but she had to continue, "Voldermort killed your parents, Cedric, and basically Sirius, too. He also possessed me, and tricked me into doing things for him in my first year. You have to realize that it's not your fault."

"I wasn't able to save them!!" Harrry screamed at her, now getting up on his feet.

"You are just a teenager! You play the hero role too well, Harry. You shouldn't have to save them! They don't need it if dying is their fate. If they're going to die, then they're going to die. You've spent too much of your life worrying about what's to come. There's nothing you can do to prevent any of it. You are 'The Boy Who Lived' for a reason, you know. Others you care about are going to die while you move on. Grieve for them later, Harry Potter. There is NOTHING you can do for the ones we've lost. We need you here. Are you going to break down everytime Voldermort hits you, or stand-up and fight like the hero you are? Sirius died to save you, and if you don't fulfil your reputation as 'The Boy Who Lived', there will be no one else, and you will lose track of all those you grieve for," Ginny said, already to her feet. Harry just stared at the floor.

"So you think that I should just forget that Sirius ever existed? Forget about missing him?" Harry finally questioned, still finding the floor more than remotely interesting.

"What?! DO you honestly think that you are the only one who misses him, Harry? I miss him, and so do Ron and Hermione. THINK just how Lupin might feel! He was fighting side-by-side with Sirius when it happened! Harry, it's true that you barely knew him, but Lupin knew him, as well, maybe eve better, than you know Ron and Hermione. He's lost ALL of his best friends to Voldermort. First it was Wormtail, then your father, and now Sirius! Lupin is the only one that remains somewhat unscarred, and YOU want to go around feeling sorry for YOURSELF! You are SUPPOSED to be Harry Potter-not Severus Snape!" Ginny yelled at last.

" I am way too tired for all of this, Gin," Harry said in a calmer voice, "I don't know what to do. The whole world is ganging up against me. It' taken everything from me to where all I have left are my instincts. They tell me to stay away from everyone. That way, that bloody prophecy will go my way!"

" Prophecy? You mean, you actually heard it?" Ginny had caught Harry's screw-up before he could cover his tracks. He had no choice, but to tell.

" At the time, all I heard was a whole bunch of screaming, and it had drowned out the noise. Later, I went to Dumbledore for answers. He told me that Professor Trelawney had made her only true prediction one night, sixteen years ago. She had said, 'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies....And the Dark Lord knows not.... And either must die at the hand of the other survives....The one with the power to vanquish th Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...'" Harry finished, and looked at her expectantly.

" Well, what did Ron and Hermione have to say?" Ginny said the first thing that came to her mind.

" They don't know about it. I haven't told them," Harry said, finding the floor intresting once again.

" You haven't told them!" Ginny said, shocked as Harry shook his head, " What, were trying to spare them the price of pity?" Ginny asked, and realized that Harry, for once, wanted her advice, " Well, I don't think that you have anything to worry about, Harry. You are 'The Boy Who Lived', right?" Ginny asked rhetorically, walking past him. She was just about to walk up the stairs, when she felt a hand grasp her arm and turn her around, abruptly.

" Yes , Harry?" Ginny asked, staring into his emerald pools.

" I just wanted to know, if you had any doubts that I wouldn't come out of this alive, what would you suggest that I do?" Harry asked, his deep eyes pleading.

" Well, I don't have any doubts, but if I did, I'd tell you to do everything that you ever even considered doing. You know, right all of your wrongs, tell people how you feel aout them, those sort of things. Say, to hell with the consequences, and do it," Ginny advised, hoping that he would get the message.

Even though she had hoped that he would, she never thought that he actually would! In two seconds flat, Harry was pulling Ginny into his arms, and kissing her! It was better than Ginny had ever imagined. All of her wishing and hoping had gone into that kiss. Yet, Ginny would never admit it then, but deep down inside her, she knew that there was something missing.

And so, their friendship developed further into romance, and Ginny was in a state of complete bliss. Of course, her family had approve of Harry right away. They'd been expecting this for years, and they had always thought of him as a member of the family. This meant that they were free to cuddle on the couch, have snogging sessions, and have secret midnight rendevous. Harry actually would smile when she would enter the room. She had succeeded!

But as things got more serious, Harry stared to pull away. He started making excuses to be alone, and Ginny , of course, gave him his space.

And then it happened. Nearly a week before the new school term started, Harry pulled Ginny aside, claiming they needed to talk. The four most feared words in the English language, Ginny found herself thinking.

The rest was basically a blur. She heard something that sounded something like, "It's not you, it's me", and, "It's for your own good, really". The next thing she knew, she was up in her room crying.


It had been a week now, and Ginny had only left her room for the bathroom essentials. She couldn't wait for the for the following day when she could finally get away from Harry. She looked at her alarm clock. According to it, it was 9:00. She decided that it would be good to get some sleep so she could look her best tomorrow.

:***:

She felt his eyes upon her. It was obvious, by the heat of his gaze, and by the way she got butterflies in her stomach when she noticed. She turned to meet his eyes, expecting to see emerald pools, but instead, she got lost in piercing silver depths.

She gasped, and backed away slowly. She was staring at none other than Draco Malfoy! Talk about unexpected!

Before she could say anything, he pulled her up against him. She felt his muscles through the thin fabric of his shirt. As much as she wanted to protest in her mind, her body would just not follow through. He was about to kiss her, and she could feel the desire coursing through her veins. But before anything could go further, she heard a voice calling her name, and she was forced to wake-up.


Instead of looking into silver eyes they were brown, and the voice connected to them was her mother's, urging her to get up, and get ready to go to King's Cross.

Read and Review, please!
Leave a Review