Begs Me To Catch Her Every Time She Falls



"Oh, Hogwarts has taught me very well,
Down in these dungeons I should dwell,
Knowing I'm privileged to be the Head Boy,
Beating out Gryffindor,
And all they employ,
My room is a carvern,
My secrets held tight,
Into the darkness,
Let in no light,
So open your gates,
Welcome me in,
The Official Head Boy of Slytherin.
" she knew he would kill her when he saw her, but she didn't care. She'd gone to him for answers that morning, and he'd acted on suspicions. She loved him, that much she knew, and wasn't going to let him go so easily.

He doesn't love you, Ginny. You know that. Why would he-

Shove it where the sun don't shine, Riddle


She didn't even want to waste time talking. She pushed the portrait open and walked right in.

***

"Draco, I don't see why you just don't talk to her. You know you can't get over someone that easily, especially someone you cared about so much. Malfoys always do things one hundred times better than need be, you know that," Vera tried to calm down the steaming Slytherin.

"I am not going to beg for her attention. If she wants to talk, then she damn well better get to it."

"I would if you would let me."

The two turned to see Ginny standing in the portrait hole.

"I'll just, uh, leave you two alone, then," Vera said, knowing an exit when she felt one.

Once the two were alone, Ginny was first to break the silence. "How'd you know that Harry kissed me last night?"

"I saw you. And don't try to make this all on him. You were kissing him, too!" Draco shouted.

"So what if I was. Why do you care so much, huh?" Ginny was on the winning side, and she knew it.

"I don't think Potter's good enough for you," Draco stated, finding the floor very interesting.

"Why not? He's charming, handsome, hero to the wizarding world, and rumor has it, very good in bed." At this, she saw Draco's jaw tighten. She was going to get him to crack, no matter what the cost.

"Well, Virginia," he enuciated that tell tale part of her name,"There's lots of things Potter can't handle about you, and you'll never be happy with him. He will always want you to behave how he sees fit, and never want you to leave the image he's made up for you. He won't be able to handle the Weasley temper of yours, or be able to sooth your wounds. Potter has a perfect world that he lives in, and no one gets to screw that up."

"Except you. For years, you've tormented Harry, Ron, and Hermione-"

"Oh, boo hoo, Weasley. Are you telling me that they can take on Voldemort, but can't handle a childhood enemie's taunting? I've been doing it since first year! I've even kept it simple for the brainless twits. It's always been Potter's lack of parents, your brother's lack of money, and Granger's lack of pride in blood. What more do they want from me? If you ask me, it's getting pretty boring," Draco said in despair.

"Well, I'm not asking you! What I am asking you is why don't you trust me? Do you honestly think that I would choose Harry-"

"Look, I'm tired. I have alot to do tomorrow, and you're not helping the stress level. Go off with your damn Potter, and get away from me. Don't you have some Occlumency to do, or something?" Draco shooed.

"I'm not just some Slytherin girl you can dismiss, Draco." Ginny said, stubbornly.

"No, but you're Potter's girl, and that's much worse. You might want to get a good night's rest, Weasley. Your Captain may get upset that his teammate and girlfriend isn't back before hours on a game night."

Ginny had completely forgotten about the game! Gryffindor had a Quidditch match against Slytherin, and she was Chaser! She would have to deal with Draco later, and she figured that he wouldn't listen to her anyway. "You're right. I should get back to my Captain. He's probably worried about me as it is. Goodnight and good luck tomorrow." With that, she headed back up ti Gryffindor Tower.

***

Ginny couldn't think. She could only feel. If there was one thing she had in common with the rest of her team, this was it. There was something incredible about flying. She loved the way her hair would fly in the wind, and the adrenaline would pump when she would fly after the Quaffle. It was amazing to hear the roaring cheers that would over power the meek booing of the Slytherins every time they scored. She was in heaven in every game.

Playing the addicting game kept her mind from wandering to a certain blonde seeker at the other end of the field. She couldn't think about him, and she enjoyed the freedom of her mind. The game was tied. Slytherin played rough, but with Harry's training, Gryffindor was just as dirty. She'd proudly scored nine out of the ten tying goals. There's was so much to the technique, but it just came naturally to her, Harry had said. Harry...why does this have to be so hard? Why can't Draco just see that-NO!! No Draco.

No Draco, huh?

Go away, Tom!

Just thought I'd warn you.

What do you mean?

In just a moment, your wish will be granted. Three...two...one.


Ginny turned her broom around as the cheering and booming stopped. All eyes were on the opposite side of the pitch where Draco and Harry had been racing for the Snitch. Her heart stopped as she watched Draco falling to the ground, everyone too shocked to go after him

***

He had caught the Snitch! For the first time in his Quidditch career, Draco had caught the Snitch before the great Harry Potter! He wouldn't admit it, but he had extra motivation to catch it first. She was bound to be watching.

Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his head, and his mind wouldn't tell his arms to keep hold of the broom. Instead, they cradled his forehead in attempt to smother the pain. The last thing he saw was red hair before it all went black.

***

The silence was eerie after Draco hit the ground. Ginny was sure she'd heard every bone in his body break. By the time she reached the ground, Madam Hooch was already sending him to the infirmary unconcious. She didn't want to believe it. Draco couldn't possibly be... dead. She tried to run after his floating form, but Ron held her back. She swatted at him, and screamed for her release, but he wouldn't oblige.

Harry tried to embrace her, but she pushed him off. It was all his fault! He was supposed to be the hero, and he just watched Draco fall. He was to blame!

Sorry it was so short, but i felt that I had to update it. In the next chapter, we'll see if Draco survived...
Leave a Review