I Want to Make You Feel Beautiful


“Vera, love! How are you doing this fine evening?” Draco questioned upon her appearance. “Have you lost weight? Maybe you’ve spent too much time as Ginny, because it’s starting to show.”

“You would know, Draco. You’ve seen me undressed enough... too many to count,” she said, looking pointedly at Ginny.

Ginny tried to squirm away from Draco, but his grip stayed locked. “You were saying that we weren’t going anywhere. What do you plan on doing to stop us, eh? “

“Why, Draco, all I would have to do is point this wand at the Weasel, and you’d freeze. I know you, Malfoy. You try to act cool and composed, when really you’re shaking. You may love her, but she doesn’t seem to like you right now,” Vera smirked.

Draco eyed Ginny, seeing her deathly glare directed at the ground. “Gin?”

“Don’t talk to me, Malfoy!”

Oh my God! She’s throwing a jealous fit just because I slept with Vera while I was single! After all I did! After Potter risked his life, she’s going to be a stupid-

“I told you, Drakie,” Vera’s smirked deeper.

“Sod off, you lousy bint! And don’t call me that! You know very well what you’re getting at, and I’ve been through too much to let you make her jealous! Damn Weasley temper!” Draco shouted out into the night.

Ginny gaped at him. “Don’t pin this on me, Malfoy! At least I have some self-control!” her glare got angrier.

Draco sighed. “Yes, I’m a slutty, Slytherin dog, who shags anything desirable! That’s seems to be why I’ve never done you!” Draco was slapped across the face in a moment. Ginny’s hit seemed to sober him, and he knew he’d said the wrong thing.

Vera giggled, “Look at you two! You’re fighting like an old married couple!”

“Like I’d ever marry him!”Ginny shouted. Draco just raised an inquiring eyebrow.

“That so?” he asked, while picking her up bridal-style. Despite Ginny’s protest, Draco just kept walking through the forest, ignoring Vera’s screeches of return.

***

“Albus! So nice of you to finally make it. Come to see the funeral?” Voldemort glided across the ground to reside right in front of the only wizard he ever feared.

“Yes, Tom, I did. I was actually planning for yours,” Dumbledore’s eyes twinkled. If possible, Voldemort looked scared.

The Dark Lord immediately shook it off. “Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but the programs state Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy will be the deceased. Ginny will be so pleased, don’t you agree?”

Dumbledore just gave him a sad look. “You call yourself Lord and almighty, but really, you take on children. Why people fear you is beyond me.”

Voldemort gave the Headmaster an evil look. “You’re always were all talk, old man! The greatest wizard ever to walk the earth, they all said. You have yet to prove it in my book.”

“You have a book? Hmm... I’ll have to read it sometime,” Dumbledore said thoughtfully.

Voldemort gave out a loud groan. “That’s it! That’s it! You and me! Right here, right now!”

“I don’t participate in matters that don’t involve me,” Dumbledore reasoned.

“You don’t...who are you?! Why are you here?”

“To be Mr. Potter’s referee, of course.”

“You say that as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world, Albus. Why didn’t you just say that to begin with? You know how I get when I’m pumped! The whole world comes to an end.” Voldemort declared.

“Yes, but I thought that a chess game just wouldn’t suffice.”

“You’re right, a war is a much better end.”

Harry couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Voldemort and Dumbledore were... getting along! The world really is coming to an end! I hope Draco’s better off than me!

***

“Put me down this instant!” Ginny screeched as they neared the Ball.

“Not if you continue this childish behavior, dear,” Draco said, walking right up to the entrance. He finally did set her down, but held her tightly to him.

“Childish?! You slept with her! And- and you don’t love me! After what you said-“
“Sorry, I believe you just said I didn’t love you. I must be hearing things, because I just lost everything for you! I gave up my future, my life, my entire existence so you could survive. Tell me if I’m wrong, but I just saved your life... again! That’s one...two..”

“Stop counting! You hurt me, Mal-“

“Don’t say it! I’m not a Malfoy anymore, and you’ve never known me as one. You can’t condemn me for having a past! You can’t look me in the eye and say that you’ve never made a mistake. You can’t so don’t even try. Just know this, Virginia, I never slept with her after we kissed. And even if I had, you have my heart. Maybe that’s not enough for you now, but it certainly isn’t a reason to get jealous over a girl that never meant anything to begin with. Did you even see me once trying to save her life, and tell her that she was making a mistake in trusting my father?”

Ginny shook her head.

“That’s what I thought. I was actually too busy trying to get you out of there. I was too busy trying to keep you safe. Again, I’m sorry if that’s not enough for you, but that’s what I did. Forgive if it was wrong.” Ginny sobbed slightly “What’s the matter?” Draco continued.

“You don’t want me, and you can’t deny that. You said it yourself. You’re a Slytherin dog who shags anything desirable, remember?”

Draco raked his fingers through his hair. He lifted her chin with his free hand, commanding her to look at him. “Ginny, I’m an arse. You know I didn’t mean that. Honestly, I just hated that you said I couldn’t control myself. Really, Gin, I would think that you of all people would realize what lie that is. You know how much self-control you require? You know how much I had to restrain those urges our first night back? Ginny, how can you think I don’t want you? I’ve wanted you most of all. I just never wanted to hurt you. Our relationship isn’t about sex. It’s so much deeper than that. When the time is right, it will happen, but right now, I get the same rush just by looking into your eyes.”

Ginny started to tear up. She leaned up against him, wrapping her arms around his waist. “That was good, Draco. Have I ever told you that you’re very good with words?”

“Well, there’s never been time, really. Kind of reminds me of this moment, love. We have to get in there before it’s too late,” Draco answered.

“Why?”

“I’ll explain later. Just answer me one question. Do you love me?”

“Do you even have to ask?” Ginny countered before walking into the Great Hall.

***
“Ready, Potter?” Voldemort questioned.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Harry answered.

“A simple yes or no would’ve-“

“Let’s just get on with it!” Harry shouted, “Or are you stalling?”

Silencio,” Voldemort cursed. “Hypocrite, Potter. You were stalling yourself.”

“That’s not fair, Riddle. It’s not a duel if one person cannot speak,” Dumbledore said.

“Who ever said I’d be fair? I’m evil remember? Stupefy!

Protego!” Hermione shouted, coming out of the forest, Millicent Bulstrode not far behind. She blocked his spell, and gave a signal. Tens of Hogwarts students came out of the trees. Harry realized that it was everyone in the D.A. “Sorry we’re late, Professor. Ronald wouldn’t get up!”

“Never you mind, Miss Granger. Though, I’m under oath that I cannot interfere with this battle, so please, restore Mr. Potter’s voice,” Dumbledore said, coming to the Head Girl’s side.

Finite Incantatem

“What is this?” Harry whispered to his friend.

“You didn’t actually think we’d let you go at this alone, did you?” she asked him.

“But, Millicent. She’s wasn’t-“

“She fine, Harry. She’s told us everything that happened. Professor Snape even put her under Veritas, and her story didn’t change. She’s safe.”

“What’s going on here?!” Voldemort questioned when he’d finally come to his senses.

“An ambush, my Lord,” Peter Pettigrew said, coming forth from the shadows.
Leave a Review