I Know I Tend To Get So Insecure


"Good morning," Draco said as her eyes fluttered open.

"What happened?" she asked him.

"Ginny! I'm shocked that you don't remember what happened during the most magical night of my life! You did things...pleasurable things that I will never forget! I'm shocked that-" Draco was hit in the head with one of his huge pillows.

"Draco Malfoy! I can't believe you!" she was astounded by the sound of his laughter. It was so melodical, but then she remembered he was part veela. "You promised you wouldn't take advantage of my situation." she, too, was laughing at this point.

"But Ginny, dearest," Draco said with mock hurt,"You promised you'd remember, and that the firewhiskey wasn't that bad! Now, I only have the memories," Draco clutched at his heart.

"Did you sleep well?" Ginny asked, changing the subject, trying to take the blush from her cheeks that accompanied the thoughts of what he was suggesting.

"Mmm hmm," Draco sounded. "Probably the best I've ever had. Don't let that go to your head, though." he smiled.

Wow! I thought that smirk was sexy! But...wow! I do NOT have feelings for Draco! Er- Malfoy, I mean. But-

"Ginny? Hello...I'm in bed with the most beautiful girl in school. Where are you?" he asked in a far away tone.

"You think I'm beautiful?"

"Are you that oblivious? Honestly, Weasley, can't you look in the mirror? Of course you are, and you know I wouldn't say that to you unless I meant it," he assured her.

"Oh right, the whole Weasley/Malfoy thing. Is that ever going to end, Draco?" she asked, with annoyance in her voice.

"Well, Ginny, I think it did when you slept in my bed last night," he answered, smirking. He was answered with a pillow to the head again. He doubled over, laughing his head off.

"If you ever say that to anyone, we will go back to the old Malfoy/Weasley thing! Understand?" she asked, forcefully.

"Aw, Gin! You took all the fun out of it! I was actually going to tell your brother that you were the best I've ever had, just to see the look on his face!"

She glared at him, and then remembered. "RON! Draco, what time is it?"

"6:30, I believe. Why? Eager to get back to Potter are you?" His face suddenly became hard.

"Not you too!" she groaned. "I've been over Harry since third year, and still people will never let me live it down!"

Draco gave her a skeptical look, and then sighed,"In that case, I better get you back up there, huh?"

***

"Excuse me, excuse me! I'm Head Boy, and I demand to know what happened here!" Draco and Ginny were making their way through the crowd to the Gryffindor portrait hole. It seemed as though the whole school was trying to fit in that single spot.

"Like you know nothing about it, Malfoy! You probably executed the whole plan yourself!" A Ravenclaw seventh year shouted.

"Yeah! Probably let them in yourself! You are, after all, Head Boy, so therefore know the password to get in!" another yelled.

"And he has priveldges to wander the castle late at night, too! I bet it was him! Dumbledore made a mistake in putting you in charge!"

"Will you all just shut it?! I want to know what happened here, too! It is my house, you know!" Ginny silenced them.

"Ginny! Oh, I've been looking for you everywhere!" Seamus Finnigan worked his way over to her. He glared at Draco, and pulled her away. Ginny stared back at Draco, who looked ready to murder Seamus and the rest of the crowd. Look for me later, she mouthed at him, and he nodded slightly.

Seamus led her to a more quiet spot, then held her close. "Seamus! What is going on?" she spat out, trying to push him off her.

As if you don't know, Virginia. I have this awful feeling! Please, Draco! Don't make me go! Tom voice filled her head in a high-pitched, girly tone. You know damn well that this was going to happen, and because you ran away with Mr. Night in Shining Armor over there, innocent people got hurt! It's because of you that your new best friend is going to get the Dementor's Kiss now!

What are you talking about, Tom? Draco's not going to get in trouble for whatever happened here! I was with him all last night!

Yes, but what were you doing with him last night. They'll never believe that you spent the night with Malfoy willingly. To all the teachers, he would've forced you. Either way, he's dead!

What did you do? What happened?!

It's not what I did, dearest. Its what he didn't do! He's Head Boy, and now, he's going to pay for trying to get rid of me! And you know who's going to rat him out? Your favorite brother, that's who!


***

"So tell me one more time, Mr. Weasley. Who was in your dorm last night?" Madam Pomfrey questioned in the Hospital Wing.

"Maowfroy," Ron answered, barely able to open his mouth.

"Nod your head if you mean, Draco Malfoy, Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch Team and Head Boy of Hogwarts."

Ron nodded fervently. There was only one Draco Malfoy, and he knew who he saw last night. He remembered him so vividly. He crouched over his bed, wand at Ron's throat. His sea blue eyes were gleaming, as if he'd just won the wizard lottery. Like he needed to, Ron thought with utter hatred. Malfoy had only muttered nine vivid words to him.

"Let's see him weasel his way out of this!"

Ron turned his head painfully to his right. Harry was still unconcious, and next to him was a crippled Hermione. He didn't understand. Malfoy was supposed to be an slimy, whiney git, but this was really unexpected.

Suddenly, the infirmary door bust open, and his little sister ran in. "Ron!" she shouted, sprinting to his side. She enveloped him in her arms, and he realized she was panting out words.

"It...wasn't...wasn't...him. It...it...wasn't..D-"

"Miss Weasley! I understand your concern, but your brother needs to tell us what happened. He is the least injured-"

"But Madam Pomfrey!"

"No but's Miss Weasley! I need to summon Draco Malfoy here. If he's still at school, that is! The coward!"

Ginny felt more rage than she had ever felt before. "It wasn't him!"

"Nonsense! Your poor brother can't speak well, but he isn't dillusional! He knows what he saw. Now, go eat breakfast! You are not needed here!" the matron ushered her out. Ginny protested, but soon she was outside a locked infirmary door.

Dumbledore. He'll help! He's got to!

***
"I'm getting you out of here, Mr. Malfoy."

"Why do I need to leave! I didn't do anything! I had a discussion with Granger, and then I went to bed. Nothing else happened! I swear, Professor!" Draco declared.

Professor Snape was doing his best not to stumble as he packed his things on the frozen dungeon floor. "I believe you, Mr. Malfoy, but-"

"Will you cut the Mr. Malfoy crap, Severus? Since when have we ever been on formal terms outside the classroom? You're scaring me." Draco shivered as he thought about what the Potions Master was suggesting.

"You should be scared, Mr.- Draco. What you are being accused of is very serious. You have no witnesses to support your story. I would ask Miss Granger, but the one time when he voice is needed, she cannot speak. There are only two Gryffindors that remain unharmed. However, Mr. Finnigan and Miss Weasley are not your biggest fans,"

Draco smirked at this. He would ask for Ginny to back him up, but he couldn't put her in that position. He wasn't going to flee, though. It would only prove that he was guilty, which he wasn't.

"Come along, Draco."

Again, he shivered. Snape could sound so much like his father. That was the last person he wanted to be reminded of. "But Severus-"

"No but's, Draco. You are not going to stay here. You'll surely get the Dementor's Kiss. You and your followers killed a young boy, Mr. Malfoy. There's nothing I can-"

"Severus, the boy wants to answer for his conduct. You can't deprive him of that." Dumbledore was in the doorway of Snape's office. He looked as though his world had come to an end. He was so exhausted, and looked even more ancient then before. Draco felt more scared than ever. He had never really appreciated the Headmaster before, and Snape told him that Potter was hardly breathing. There was no way that Draco would survive if Dumbledore had to pick between the supposed hero and the villian. "Come with me, Mr. Malfoy."


Sorry to end it there. I know I promised a flashback, but it will come. This one just came to me, and took a life of its own. You know how that goes. Please Review!
Leave a Review