She Always Belonged to Someone Else


"I hope you realize how serious this is, Miss Weasley. You're contradicting witnesses who've sworn that they saw Draco Malfoy in the Gryffindor dormitories. Are you sure that you were really with him last night?" the Minister of Magic questioned. Ginny had been in Dumbledore's office for hours. Dumbledore had brought in ten ministry officials, and sent Draco with Snape to the infirmary to check out his damage.

"Yes, sir. I was with him-"

"Willingly? Did Mr. Malfoy force you into his bed?" a younger woman asked.

"My son would never do that! Especially to a Weasley! The idea is outrageous! But I do agree with you. I think she's lying!" Oh yes, Lucius Malfoy had insisted on attending. He was staring Ginny down like a dog. She tried to just ignore his presence, but he had made it downright impossible.

"I'm not lying! I was with him! I swear on-" Ginny never seemed to get to finish a sentence.

"On what? What do you have to swear on? Your family's rags? Well, no offense, Miss Weasley, but that is hardly worth anything here. You know what I think?" he continued on without a response, "I think that Virginia here is a young child with Noah's Ark for a family. It's obvious she doesn't get enough attention, so she had to pick on someone who does. My son just happened to be the lucky target. Honestly, wasn't it she who has worshipped Harry Potter for all these years, just trying to get some fame? Now, she's trying to embarrass my heir! Why should we believe her?" Lucius was now crouched in front of Ginny. He whispered so only she could hear, "When all along you've just been a scerw-up. First, you ruined my lord, and now you're trying to ruin my son. Well, he wants nothing to do with you, just like Riddle. You will always and forever be nothing. No one will ever want you, you tainted-"

"That's enough, Lucius!" Dumbledore interrupted. Ginny was trying to fight the tears, but nothing helped. He was right. She would always be in the way. No one would ever want Ginny Weasley. What she didn't know was that more than one person already did.

***

It was awful. Who could think that he would do such a horrible thing? There was so much blood. The whole Gryffindor house was cramped inside the small infirmary beds. As he approached Ron's bed, he started to shake. Malfoy's don't shake! Father would be so upset! Draco, then, tried to shake harder.

"Weasley," he beckoned, not wanting to get too close.

Ron slowly turned over. His eyes bulged when he saw Draco standing there. "Ack!" he screamed, obviously having most of his voice back. "Malfoy! What do you want? Haven't you caused enough damage! You-you-" Ron remembered. He remembered the platinum hair, gruesome sneer, sea blue eyes... Wait! Sea blue eyes? Malfoy has silver! What's wrong with me? I knew he...wait! If it wasn't him, then who did this?

"Weasley! Are you alright?" Draco asked, crossing the floor to his bed. Ron saw Snape lurking in the corner with a huffy Pomfrey.

"It- it wasn't you! You have different eyes, and- Ginny! Ginny knew! She was trying to tell me that it wasn't you! What are you doing here?" Ron asked, nearly out of breath from the whole ordeal.

"Trying to save my soul. I have one, believe it or not. Look, Weas- Ron, I know we have never gotten along, but you're Potter's friend. You're part of the Dream Team that doesn't believe in social status, and looks past the reputation when that person's in need. I'm asking you to help me. Please!" This wasn't easy for him, especially because it was his worst enemy of sorts. Well, atleast it's not Potter!

"I guess," Ron answered shortly, scooting up so that his back waas against the pillows. "What do you want to know?"

"Let's start at the beginning," Draco answered, suddenly very grateful for Weasley's existance.

"How about when I woke-up and the not-you was standing above me?" Ron asked in monotones.

"That would be the beginning, yes," Draco answered, getting impatient.

"Don't get snarky with me, Malfoy. I'm saving your arse remember?" Ron said, knowing he had the upper hand.

Draco snarled. "Just get on with it!"

***

She was so beautiful. He had no idea why he didn't say anything all those years ago when he could've had her. She worshipped him, and thought he walked on water. Maybe it was because he had been an immature little runt, who only thought about winning against Voldemort. But now, Harry Potter realized that without her, he would end up alone. Ginny was his life now, and as he laid with her in his arms, he knew it was for real. Or, at least it was for him. He knew she'd been scared of this, and he knew that she didn't love him, but he could make her love him. She could marry him, and they could live forever together. He would make her the happpiest woman alive. He was, after all, her hero, and she would be completely- oh who was he kidding? She would never want to be with him, but here he was, with her in his arms. She turned into him and whispered, "Harry?"

He turned to face her, and she leaned in to kiss him. In that moment, he knew. All of his insecurities just melted away...


And then, he woke-up....
***

"HARRY! YOU'RE ALRIGHT!" Ron was over to his side in a second.

"Of course, leave it to Weasley to jump when Potter calls. I thought we were getting somewhere!" Draco drawled, indignantly.

"Malfoy?!" Harry ground out between his teeth. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be stowed away in Azkaban?!"

"He didn't do it, Harry. It was someone else," Ron tried to calm his best friend.

"Who, then?"

"Well, that's what we were trying to figure out, until you had to come in and wake-up so that your true love, Weasley, could tend to you every need," Draco drawled again.

"Ginny? Where is she? Is she alright? Did she get out okay?" Harry inquired, suddenly frantic.

"I didn't mean that Weasley!" Draco sneered, eyes turning cold at the thought of Ginny and Potter being each other's true love. "She's fine. I would tell you how fine she is, except I don't want to break her trust," Draco said, knowing they wouldn't buy it, but glad to see a little jealousy in Potter's eyes.

"Draco!" a cold voice barked. Draco knew the voice so well. It had haunted his days and nights since he was three. The bark was the signal for the bite. What is he doing here? Draco turned to see his father coming into the infirmary with nine other Ministry officails, including the Minister, Dumbledore, and Ginny.

"Yes, father?" he tried his best with even tones.

"The Minister has something he would like to say," Dumbledore said softly, stepping in before Lucius could.

Cornelius Fudge stepped forth and cleared his throat. "Draco Malfoy, you are hereby cleared of all charges against you on account of the fact that an eye-witness saw you at the time the crime was being commited."

Draco's heart surged, and he ran towards Ginny and enveloped her in his arms, thanking her through her tears. "Hey! Don't let my father get to you, okay." He'd been on the receiving end of Lucius's rage too many times to count.

"How did you know that it was him who was bugging me?" Ginny asked, ashtonished. Before Draco could answer, he was being torn out of the embrace by the collar, and dragged out into the hallway. He was met with a huge blow to his stomach that threw him against the wall.

"What were you thinking, Draco? You obviously aren't fit enough to be a Malfoy! Embracing a bloody Weasley, Draco! She's trash! She's vile! She's in love with Harry Potter! What kind of person does that make you? Taking out Potter's garbage? You don't deserve me!" Lucius seemed to know he'd hit a nerve. He saw Draco's jaw set, and knew how to hurt the boy if he made any further mistakes. "You know, it's too bad that I couldn't kill her. She would've made a good addition to my list," he shrugged, "Maybe some other time." Lucius walked back in the infirmary, closely followed by his son.

Draco's heart skipped a beat when he saw Ginny sitting on the edge of Harry's bed, feeling his forehead. She can deny it all she wants, but I know she loves him! I'm such an idiot!

"Mr. Malfoy, I apologize for your father's actions ahead of time," Snape broke his thoughts.

"It's a little late for that. And please, it's Draco."

Please review, and I'll love you forever... :D
Leave a Review