Tried So Hard to Say Good-bye


Draco....


He's not coming...

He is, too. He wouldn't leave me!

He's already gone


Ginny woke-up, breathing hard. It was so dark in Draco's room, and she feared for the worst. She gasped, and looked around. All she could see was pitch black, and the bed beneath her was not familiar. It wasn't Draco's feather soft matress, but more like how a hosiptal bed would feel. It only lacked the smell of the infirmary.

She heard the low murmur of voices. They sounded worried and serious, but she wanted to go to them. She needed to know where Draco was. She tried to sit up, but couldn't move. She struggled, but nothing happened. She cried out, and felt herself being shaken.


She sat up immediatly, and breathed a sigh of relief that it was only a dream within a dream.

"Ginny?" Draco beckoned, grabbing her hand.

She turned to him, giving him her brightest smile. He hadn't left her! Tom was wrong!

"You might want to drink this, Gin. It'll make you feel better," Draco said, handing her a goblet of steaming liquid.

"What is it?" she asked in a hoarse whisper.

"Nevermind what it is, Miss Weasley. Just drink it."

Ginny groaned inwardly at the sight of Snape. She was enjoying Draco, and didn't want to have the forboding image of the Potions Master. He continued to glare at her, so she finally consented to drink it. Draco was the last thing she saw before she fell into a dreamless sleep.

***

When she awoke again, she was in her own bed. Ron, Hermione, and Harry gathered around. "Hello all," she said in the same tone she'd aquired what she guessed to be the previous night.

"Ginny!" Ron yelped, enveloping her in his rock hard embrace. The other two continued in tow, til she could hardly breathe.

"We're so glad you're okay! Snape insisted you would be, but you know that old wanker doesn't know what he's talking about!" Harry said, triumphant to insult the professor.

"But Draco does," Hermione said, biting her lip. "He said she would be fine, and I believe him."

"Since when is it Draco, 'Mione? I liked it as Malfoy, and now, you're growing soft on the prat!" Ron bellowed.

"I am not, Ronald! I just think he's rather charming. I mean, has he ever smiled at you?" she asked, with a dreamy look in her eyes.

"Charming?! That selfish PIG?! And frankly, I don't think it would matter much if he smiled at me or not!" Ron yelled at her.

"I have to agree with her, Ron. Remember, he is the selfish pig who saved me more than once, no questions asked. You should be more grateful," Ginny said while leaving her dorm.

The Dream Team just stared at the slamming door, dumbfounded.

***

"DRACO! I know you're in there! Please, I need to talk to you! Draco!" Ginny had found her way back to the entrance of the Head Boy's rooom, but couldn't remember the password. "Draco!"

"What? Ginny, I really need to get in my room, so if you could just step aside, I'd really appreciate it," Draco said from behind her.

Ginny blushed as red as a beet. "Um- I just needed to say thanks... for everything."

"It was my pleasure. Believe me Weasley, if I wasn't bethrothed to someone else, you would be my first choice as a steady girlfriend, but alas, my father will never cease with the badgering," Draco said in blunt monotones.

Ginny didn't want to believe him. Surely she'd misunderstood him. Betrothed? How can you...

I told you that he was already gone. He'll never be with you, Ginny, but you wouldn't believe me. You just had to follow in the footsteps of your idiot eleven year-old self. It's outrageous what you think will happen that everyone knows never will.


Tear started to stream down her face, and there was nothing she could do but run. She turned away from Draco's familiar ocean blue gaze, and ran as fast as she could away from the pain that would forever haunt her.

I know it's short, but this is only Part One. The next one is a lot longer and mainly from Draco's perspective. Stay tuned...
Leave a Review