Tried So Hard to Say Goodbye


Here's Part Two! Enjoy...

Draco woke-up in a dark broom closet somewhere in the West Wing of the castle. He wasn't sure how he'd gotten there. As far as his memory served, he'd told Granger that he was going to go to Snape and ask that Ginny stop with the Occlumency. Riddle wasn't disappearing. Ginny was only getting weaker, and easier for Tom to control. Soon, he'll take away all she has, and the world will be without one Weasley. It was everything his father hoped for, but everything Draco dreaded.

He'd headed down to the dungeons, and was about to knock on the professor's door, when something hit him hard on the back, He'd felt like he was being Crucioed a thousand times harder than he'd ever felt before. Someone was mumbling in the background, and he could only comprehend little bits through the immense pain.

"Thought you could get away with it just because you were the Head Boy, didn't you Drakie? Well, someone out there doesn't appreciate it, and now, your precious Weasley will never..."

"I can't believe we followed him all these years! Falling for a Weasley! Really, Draco, I expected better..."

"Now, we get better. We're going to take your place..."

"Sssh, he'll know who it is if we say anymore..."

"Polyjuice is a wonder, isn't it?"

"Tastes foul! Hurry! He's going to wake up!"

And that was the last thing he remembered. Draco staggard out of the closet, looking down at the state he was in. His Head Boy badge was gone, and his robes tattered. A state of dizziness washed over him, and he grasped at the wall for support. He heard a siren's sobs, and thought it was the bump on his head making him hallucinate. It wasn't until he was ten feet away from the weeping girl, that he realized she wasn't just an image. It was too dark to tell who she was, but he didn't need to see her face. Something inside him made him already know. Before he could get to her, she stood up, brushed herself off, and started to walk the other way. She stumbled, and his feet wouldn't respond to his rushing commands.

"Draco," she whispered. "I loved you, and now you're going to leave me alone forever." The words were said so soft that had the castle not been in a silent state, he wouldn't have heard her.

His heart raced. She said she loved him, but what was she on about him leaving her? He thought then about what he would have to go through to leave her, and nearly fell over. Leaving Ginny would be like dying a thousand times in the most painful ways possible at the same time.

How did it get like this? How did I fall for her? Draco thought about how she'd broken down his walls in the past few weeks, starting with the first day on the train and ending with the foreign, yet familiar feeling to comfort her in this moment. He realized that his father had said Malfoy's never fall in love, according to Rule 182 in the Malfoy Code of Conduct, right before Never date Weasleys and right after Never wear yellow to social gatherings. Draco was absolutely fine with the rule. It had haunted him for years when he thought of being uncared for his entire life, but now, it was easy to avoid the confusion. Draco didn't love Ginny. He never had, and he never would. He seemed to have skipped the emotion all together. What he felt for her was so much deeper than lust or love. She was his air, his salvation, his escape. Ginny Weasley wasn't simply the love of his life. She was his life.

***

Ginny knew she should be getting back to her dorm, but she couldn't seem to get anywhere. She couldn't believe Draco was getting married to someone else. He was supposed to be hers! He's probably getting married to that COW, Parkinson! He didn't even go after me when I ran! Draco always goes after me! He had such malice in his eyes when I did run! He's not the... his eyes! They were... blue. Oh, I feel stupid...

Ginny leaned back against the wall, and her knees gave way. She slid down the side, until she hit the floor and began to bang her head against the wall. "So stupid, stupid, stupid! I love him, and I'm so easy to condemn him!"

"Ginny?" She looked up to see Harry standing before her. He knelt down until they were eye level. "Are you all right? What are you doing out so late? You shouldn't be alone out here. It's unsafe. What if-"

"Just leave me alone, Harry," Ginny said, desperately.

"I can't do that, Gin. You know I can't. I want to be with you. I love you, and you can't tell me that you don't love me, either. I know you do, and I want to be with you." Before Ginny could protest, Harry leaned forward and kissed her harshly. She tried to hit him, but he'd grasped her wrists tightly.

When he finally pulled away, he gave her an expectant look. "Uh, Harry, I just don't see you that way, and I'd apprecaite it if you kept your mouth to yourself," Ginny told him in a hushed whisper. Harry looked wounded, but pulled her up with him so abruptly that she couldn't balance right away. She leaned into him for support, and was caught by his lips. Ginny knew the Boy Wonder would stop at nothing to get her to respond, so she just let him kiss her. What she didn't know was that she was crushing the newly formed heart of a now concrete Slytherin.

***

Stupid! Damn that Potter to the greatest depths of hell! And the nerve of her! Damn! Damn all of them! Draco, I love you! He thought in his best immitation of Ginny. Oh yeah, but then Potter wants her back, and she comes running! Wait a second! Oh, I'm stupid for ever getting my hopes up. She said she loved me, not that she loves me. Merlin, was I fooled. And to think that I actually admitted to her being my life! No sir, she is definately out of the picture, now. Can't have Potter's left overs, can I? Draco felt himself regain his Malfoy composure as he entered his room. He stripped down to his boxers, and slid into his bed. He felt the familiar warmth of a body next to him, and he looked over to see who he was spending the night with.

Vera Vex rolled over when she felt him lay down. Draco sighed at the sight of her. Everyone knew Draco was no virgin, and he and Vera had had many a wild night. She knew exactly how he liked it.

Vera was the most beautiful girl in the Slytherin house. She was now in her sixth year, and was fully matured. He found her very attractive with her pouty lips and black locks. She had all the right curves in all the right places, and knew how to move.

"Draco," she drawled, crawling over to him. "You seem lost. Do you not find me attractive anymore?"

Draco realized that he'd been ignoring her. She was the type who liked to skip pretenses and get going real fast. "Sorry, Ver, but my mind is elsewhere tonight."

She looked hurt, but smiled right away. "I know what will get you going," she said, running over to her bag. She got out a vile, and uncorked it, downing the contents. He watched as her raven hair changed into crimson waves, and her slender figure changed into an hour-glass. Her pouty lips turned into bow, and her flawless face was dusted with a row of freckles on her nose. Her eyes changed from violet to chocolate brown, and in two seconds, Draco was no longer staring at Vera Vex, Slytherin Goddes of Tempation. He was looking upon the Siren of Gryffindor, Ginny Weasley.

This is going to be fun...was the last thing Draco could think before "Ginny" pounced on him.

***

"Draco!" Ginny shouted at him as she walked down the hall the following morning. She needed some answers.

"What do you want, Weasley?" Draco asked when she finally caught up to him.

Ginny recoiled back as if he'd struck her. "Since when are we on formal terms?" Ginny asked, glaring slightly.

"Since you go and snog Potter. Did it feel good, Weasel, to have him once and for all? Are you glad that your savior has finally noticed your existance? You're just like the rest of them, you know? A no good liar!" Draco glared at her. He hadn't meant to say so much, but now that he started, he couldn't leave it there. "You try to say that you're over him, but you're not. I will not be second best to him in one more aspect of my pathetic existance. I won't be with you just because you can't be with him." The last part he said so softly so his words only reached her.

"What are you talking about? I don't love Harry anymore!" she insisted.

"Keep dreaming, Weasel," Draco said, turning to walk away.

"And even if I did, would that mean we weren't friends anymore just because of that. Forgive me, Draco, but if that's the case, then we weren't friends to begin with."

"You're right. We weren't. I made a mistake," he stated simply.

"No, you're making one right now," Ginny smirked suddenly. "Walk away from me, Draco. If you're so confident that you can forget about me so easily, then walk away. Just go!' she ordered.

Draco stayed glued to the ground, and she smiled broadly. "Who's the liar now?" With that, she brushed past him, and walked to Charms, trying to get there before she was late.

Please Review!
Leave a Review