On the third Tuesday of the month, while Ginny Malfoy and her two children moved back to her husband's childhood home, the wizarding world of London was surprised to find out she was indeed alive.

After Draco's disappearance, and then the reported attacks against his widow, the world had assumed the Death Eaters had done their job. The Malfoy legacy was over, apparently.

So most of them were a little shocked to see her waving at them happily from the cover of Witch Weekly. Colin Creevey had tastefully named the issue Meet Virginia, as she was the feature of the week.

With great curiosity, the witches and wizards of London picked the magazine from the local newspaper stand. Each of them skimmed the first thirty pages: the typical Weekly bit. Recipes, letters from readers, an editor's notes, etc, etc. On page thirty-one, they all found what they were looking for.

~*~

Meet Virginia
As interviewed by Colin Creevey

As a student of Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry, I grew up with Virginia Weasley. We weren't always the best of friends – to be honest; I had a huge crush on her from our third year until our sixth. Ginny would have none of it. For ages all she could see was Harry Potter, who she considered to be the great love of her life (she was fourteen, of course). Their relationship lasted a whole summer. When Ginny returned from her fifth year, I thought I might actually have a chance. Instead, she found companionship with Blaise Zabini, a seventh year Slytherin.

But it wasn't quite love. No, she found love with another seventh year Slytherin – her oldest brother's rival – Draco Malfoy. I gave up then. Anyone who looked at them knew it was for real. So I settled at being 'just a friend.' It was enough for me. A few years later, after I lost touch with Ginny, I wasn't surprised to hear of their engagement. Anyone who knew them from Hogwarts couldn't pretend to be surprised. From the moment they walked into the Great Hall together, Malfoy's arm slung across her shoulder, it was fated. Ginny Weasley was destined to be Virginia Malfoy.

When the wedding did happen, it was remembered because Lucius Malfoy crashed and demanded his son start showing some respect. Ginny's six brothers and Harry Potter had some fun showing him out. Ginny and Malfoy took their rightful place at Malfoy Manor, and Lucius was removed to a summer lake home.

Fast-forward a few years, and there's news of a pregnancy. But the birth of the child (twins, it seems) wasn't celebrated in the wizarding world. The Malfoy line was continued, but at the cost of Draco Malfoy. It's rumored that he died defending his wife and unborn child to his father Lucius. At least, that's what we've all believed until this point.

Virginia Malfoy will tell you a different story today.


Colin Creevey: I wanted to thank you again, Mrs. Malfoy, for agreeing to this interview.

Virginia Malfoy: Please, call me Ginny or Gin, you've known me much too long to be so formal.

CC: Alright, Ginny. I wanted to say, I was quite surprised to get your call after seven years. What made you change your mind?

VM: My children and I will be returning to Malfoy Manor, Colin. I may call you Colin, correct?

CC: Of course.

VM: Thank you. As I said, my children and I will be returning to Malfoy Manor. I've talked this over with some close friends, and we've decided the safest option for the return is to make it as public as possible. And here I am.

CC: You are, indeed. Are you aware that the whole wizarding world thought you were dead? And along with you, the Malfoy line.

VM: Yes, I knew. A few select people did know I was alive, though. My family and Harry. Blaise, of course.

CC: Zabini?

VM: He was my husband's best friend. After Draco's disappearance, Blaise was a good friend to me.

CC: Was he anything more? There has been rampant–

VM: I have been completely faithful to my husband. Blaise Zabini was nothing but a good friend to me, and an uncle of sorts to my children.

CC: Your children? With Draco?

VM: Yes. When Draco disappeared, I was pregnant with twins. Shortly after, I gave birth. Cera and Seth were two weeks old when the attacks were ordered against our home. It was arranged for the Fidelus Charm to be performed, and we've been protected by it for over seven years now.

CC: And you've decided now to return. Why?

VM: My children are heirs to the Malfoy legacy. They deserve to know their heritage, and I want to give that to them. Also, they've had a chance to know the Weasley's, but I want them to know what they've been missing out on. My husband's family is gone, but there is more world out there than what I've given them in the last seven years.

CC: Does it have anything to do with Voldemort's downfall?

VM: He fell ages ago, really. Thanks to Harry. I wanted my children to have a normal life, with their mother. It was what Draco wanted for them. I also wanted them to know their father as I knew him. Not as the rest of the world saw him. At the time, I thought it best to keep all things Malfoy from them. But they are seven now, and in the next few years I suspect they'll receive their letters from Hogwarts, and I want them to have a normal childhood. Malfoy Manor was built for children to play in. Great big halls and so many rooms you can't count. The grounds are beautiful, and they're meant for my children to play in. It's the future Draco and I wanted for them.

CC: You've mentioned your husband several times now, Gin. Tell me, do you believe he is dead?

VM: Absolutely not.

CC: After seven years? You don't think he's dead? But the Ministry–

VM: I know what the Ministry of Magic says, as my brother Percy is the Minister of Magic. I didn't believe Draco was dead seven years ago, when they told me he was. And I still don't believe it now.

CC: Why? After all of this time, why do you still believe?

VM: I've never seen any proof, really. His body was never recovered, if his father did kill him. Lucius's body was found immediately, whereas Draco hasn't been seen or heard from since. That's the logical reason I don't believe he's dead. But there's something else, something far more important to me telling me he isn't dead. And that's my heart. Call it women's intuition, or just plain silliness, if you want, but I know Draco is out there somewhere, completely lost and alone. I won't rest until he's found, and he is returned to his children.

CC: Surely after seven years, you don't still hope to find him.

VM: I do. And I will.

CC: Do you love him still?

VM: With my whole heart. I love him as much now as I did when I first met him, and he made me laugh.

CC: So that was your reason, then? For marrying him? Because he made you laugh.

VM: No, I married him because he let me see what was underneath the tough outward appearance he put up. Draco allowed me to see he wasn't a future Death Eater in training, or a conceited stuck-up prat. Sure, he could be an insufferable git at times, but most of the time he was just Draco Malfoy. I did not marry his last name, I just married him. I loved him. Still do.

CC: Then I believe you'll find him. I sincerely hope you do. As a former student of Hogwarts, I witnessed first hand how much you loved him and how happy he made you. I wish you all the luck in the world, Mrs. Malfoy.

VM: Thank you, Colin.

At this moment, Virginia Malfoy is settling into Malfoy Manor with her children, hopefully preparing them for their father's eventual return. As for the whereabouts of Draco Malfoy, that is a true mystery in the wizarding world.

Would a man who seemingly had it all have vanished on his own? Is there a more sinister plan at work here? No one seems to know. His wife remains convinced he is alive, even though she admittedly has no proof supporting her beliefs. If he is, then he's missed seven years with her and his two children.

What's going to happen here, no one knows. As for this reporter? I wish Ginny all the luck in the world in her endeavor. If Malfoy still makes her happy after all of this time, then she should be allowed to be with him.


***


"The article was rather tastefully done, Gin," Blaise said from the armchair. "I'm surprised, with that git Creevey writing it."

"He's always been good to me, Blaise." Ginny looked up from her needlework and shook her head. "Why didn't you ever like him, anyway?"

"Creevey was bloody in love with you for years. And you never saw it."

"I saw it," she admitted. "I just never acknowledged it. Colin was never my type. That blonde hair and glasses? He was so…" Instead of finishing her sentence, Ginny just shuddered.

"We both know it wasn't the blonde hair that turned you off," Blaise teased. "And if I remember, Draco has to wear glasses when he reads. No, I simply don't think you liked Creevey."

Ginny smiled at him. "Colin just wasn't my type."

"Not Slytherin enough for you," Blaise remarked knowingly. He stood from his chair, finishing his firewhiskey in one swallow. "I thought you should know, I was able to get Draco's name put back on the missing wizard's list."

"What?"

"A friend of mine maintains the list, and he owed me a favor. Draco's name and picture have been placed on the list, and every wizarding counsel in the world will see it. If he's out there, and living with any wizards, we'll find him. If not, then it was worth the effort."

"Thank you."

Blaise walked to her, and placed an affectionate kiss on the top of her head. "You're welcome." He straightened, and nodded. "I should go now. Give the twins my love."

Ginny nodded. "Sure. Blaise, I can't say thank you enough."

"There's no need, Gin. You and I both know I'd do anything for you."

She simply nodded. After Blaise was gone, and the door to Malfoy Manor was shut behind him, Ginny allowed herself to hope as she'd never hoped before. If Draco was out there, then surely someone would recognize him. And he would have to be living as a wizard, wouldn't he? While he might have finally accepted Muggles, Ginny knew there was no way he'd live with them voluntarily.

Perhaps Draco would be returning sooner than thought.

***


That night, when she went to tuck them in bed, their mother finally told them the story of the wedding.

"You see," she began, "your father's father didn't like me very much…"

***


Ginny looked up when she heard the light knock on the door. Who could it be, she wondered. Taking extra care to not get her dress caught on anything, she went to the door expecting her mother or Hermione. Only, it wasn't either of the aforementioned women.

It was Draco.

"What're you doing here?" Ginny whispered. "Don't you know it's bad luck–"

"Malfoy's don't believe in luck, Gin," he drawled, interrupting her. "Will you please let me in?"

"Draco…"

"Please?"

She could never deny him, especially when he said 'please.' "Fine, but when my mother shows up to yell at you and our marriage goes to hell, just remember it's your fault."

His smile was quick, as if he was laughing at her, but trying desperately not to. "If you say so."

Ginny opened the door, and forgot how to breathe. Of course, she'd seen him in formal attire before. At Hogwarts, or during other Ministry events. But the tailored black pants fit him perfectly, and his white tuxedo shirt was tucked into them. The silver, serpent cufflinks stood out against the white, catching her eye. "You look beautiful," she whispered. She meant it too. His dress robes were opened, allowing her to take in the full picture of him. "Absolutely beautiful."

Draco frowned, and looked down at himself. "Men aren't supposed to look beautiful."

"Sure they can. When words like handsome and gorgeous don't work, they look beautiful."

"I see." Draco closed the distance between them, and he easily pulled her into his arms. "I'm nothing compared to my wife."

Ginny smiled at him, even when she said, "I'm not your wife yet."

"I disagree." With his arms tight around her waist, Draco looked down and couldn't help but wonder how he'd become so fortunate as to have her. "As far as I'm concerned, you've been my wife for ages. We're just making it official."

Being here, with him, like this was too much for her. Ginny was sure that her face was going to crack from smiling so much, that her heart might explode from the love she felt for him, that she would cease to exist because her body could no longer contain what she felt for him. 'I love you' simply didn't work anymore. Yes, she loved him… but it was more complicated than that, but so simple at the same time. Ginny could feel the tears just behind her eyes, and promised herself she wouldn't cry. Not yet, anyway. "Did you need something?"

"Yes." Draco loosened his grip on her, and took a step back. His eyes swept over her, taking in the white of her wedding dress. It was a simple A-line gown, one that clung to her hips and stomach, and pushed her breasts up against the fabric of the gown. He knew by touching it that it was pure silk, that her mother had helped her design it, and that he couldn't wait to get it off of her. "I wanted to talk with you, before the ceremony."

Immediately her face fell. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Taking her hand, Draco led her to the settee by the window. When they were both seated, he turned to face her. "I just… I know when we're out there, during the ceremony… I know we agreed that we wouldn't write our own vows, but I don't think I could get through this day without telling you what you mean to me."

"Draco," she breathed. He was going to make her cry. "You… Merlin, you're perfect."

"No, Gin, you're the perfect one." His thumb began to draw lazy patterns across the back of her hand. "I keep asking myself why you're with me. Because I honestly don't know. You're light, and beautiful, and loving and you deserve someone who's all of those things. Part of me thinks I should probably walk out of this room, out of this church, and let you go." When he saw her mouth opened, he held up his hand. "Let me finish, okay?"

Ginny nodded, but tightened her hand in his.

"But I'm not strong enough, Virginia. While I know I should let you go, I can't. Because I don't know if I suddenly woke up tomorrow and you weren't by my side. I'd turn the world over, trying to find you, I guess. I don't want to live, if you're not there with me.

"You're my heart, Virginia Weasley. More than that, you're my soul."

The tears silently streamed down her face, as she studied him. Ginny knew he meant every word. "You've absolutely ruined my make-up," she teased. At his small smile, Ginny sobered a bit. "Can I talk now?"

"Yes."

"You say that I'm light, and beautiful, and loving in a way that sounds like you're not those things. And you aren't, but you're not the opposite of them either. You've had a different life than me, Draco. Different family, different experiences. In some ways it might have been easier, but in a lot of ways it was harder.

"I'm with you because the thought of not being with you makes my heart constrict. Since the night you kissed me so long ago and I realized I was in love with you, I've always been with you because I wanted to be. When you look at me, I feel beautiful. When you touch me, I feel loved. When I think about my future, I see you. I'm head over feet, absolutely in love with you, Draco Malfoy."

"I love you," he whispered.

"We don't have to do this, you know." She looked up and tried to smile at him. "We could leave, go home, do whatever. We don't have to do this tonight."

"When I make love to you tonight, Gin, I want to make love to you as my wife. You're already my wife in every way that counts, now I just want to make it official."

She nodded.

"Are you ready?"

"I think so."

Draco reached over and gently wiped at her face with his thumb. "You look beautiful," he told her again. He placed a soft kiss against her lips, before standing and offering his hand to her. She took it instantly. "Let's go get married, Gin."

A few minutes later, they stood at the front of the small country church, in front of the Ministry official. To Ginny's left, Hermione was standing holding the bouquet of orchids and smiling happily. Across the aisle from her, stood Blaise with an encouraging smile on her face. Ginny knew that if she looked back, there would be a mixture of people. Mostly redheads, as her family, and her two uncle's family were all there.

Draco had invited a few friends. Gregory Goyle, a friend from his time at Hogwarts was sitting in the second aisle. In front of him, sat Draco's mother Narcissa. He hadn't really been expecting her to show up, but Ginny had felt him squeeze her hand when he'd seen her.

"We're gathered here today," the Ministry official began, "to join this man and this women in matrimony. They've invited you all to join them on this blissful day, and to share in their happiness. If any of you can think of any reason why they shouldn't be married, please speak now or forever be silent."

"Does the fact that she's a Muggle lover and will taint the Malfoy name matter? My son doesn't seem to think so."

Ginny stiffened, and shook her head. Fred and George had been in charge of the wards to keep any unwanted visitors away from the ceremony. She sighed in defeat, before she turned to face Lucius Malfoy along with Draco.

"What do you want?" the groom asked. "We're kind of in the middle of something."

Ginny didn't have to look to see the sneer he was wearing. She could practically feel it. She'd long ago gotten over any insults Lucius would hurl at her. Since the fight between her father and him during her first year, Ginny had accepted that Lucius was a miserable old man who wanted everyone around him to miserable as well.

"I want you to come and join me, boy. That's what I want." Lucius reached into his cloak and pulled a silver flask from the inner pocket. He had some trouble uncapping it at first, but soon he was pouring the contents down his throat. "Our Lord is calling you. He wants you to join his ranks."

Draco took a step forward, blocking Ginny from his father's view. "Are you drunk?" he asked. "And you can tell your Lord that I won't be joining him, not now or ever. I've already discussed this with you, Father."

"Don't call me that!" Lucius hissed. "You're not my son. You're just someone I used to know."

"If that's true," Ron Weasley said, standing, "Then what're you doing here?"

Lucius turned to glare at the young man, shaking his head. "Of course. Leave it to a noble Weasley to start defending the Malfoy's." His gaze went back to Draco. "You're pathetic, you know that?"

Ginny took a step forward and put a hand on Draco's shoulder. She was surprised to find that he was shaking. "It's okay," she whispered.

"I want you to leave," Draco told his father.

"No."

His fists clenched at his side, as he couldn't quite control his anger in the situation. This… this man was ruining what was supposed to be the most perfect day of Ginny's life. "I'll ask you once more to leave, Lucius, before I personally see to your removal."

When Lucius Malfoy didn't move, other men began to stand to join Draco and Ron. First it was Fred and George (who were feeling guilty for not putting up the wards), then Bill and Charlie. Percy and Blaise were the last two to step forward and join the group. When Draco took a step forward, Ginny grabbed onto the back of his robes. "Stay with me," she asked him. "Let my brothers and Blaise take care of it."

Draco nodded, and stepped back against her. He was shaking with fury now. His father had ruined everything. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

Ginny studied his face, trying to figure out what he was feeling. "What for?"

"For him showing up, and ruining things."

Her hand went around his waist and she hugged him to her. "It's not ruined, Draco. I'm about to marry you. Nothing could ruin this day."

Draco smiled, and allowed her to hold him until the other men returned.

The rest of the ceremony went by in a blur. Before she knew it, Draco was kissing her and smiling down at her. On his face was pure adoration and joy.

They were finally married.

***


Ginny stood from the chair that she'd pulled over, and silently tried to make her way out of the room. At the door, she heard Cera asked, "Mum?" and she turned around.

"Yes, Cera?"

"What happened to the bad man at your wedding?"

Ginny frowned. "You mean Lucius?"

"Yes."

"Lucius was your grandfather, Cera. But he… he died several years ago."

"Did he ever like you, Mum?"

"No." Ginny didn't want to plant any false impressions of Lucius Malfoy in her daughter's head, so she continued, "Lucius was a bad man, Cera. He couldn't get past his hatred for me and my family to see that your father and I were very happy together." Ginny came to stop in front of the bed again, and leaned down to give her daughter a kiss on the forehead. "Now go to sleep."

"Okay, Mum."

Once she reached the door again, Ginny sighed when she heard her name once more. "Yes Cera?"

"Do you still love Dad?"

She turned back to face her daughter, her heart constricting from the sight. The child looked so little in the bed there, even though her brother was beside her. "I love him more every day, Cera."

"Even though you haven't seen him in a long day?"

Ginny started towards the bed again, and silently nudged her daughter over before laying down beside her. "Just because he's not here, Cera doesn't mean I've forgotten about him. He'll come home soon."

"Do you promise?" a sleepy voice asked.

Ginny closed her eyes, and wrapped her arms tightly around her daughter. "I promise."
Leave a Review