Opposite Attraction

Opposite Attraction
Takes place 6th year

Draco sat in his dorm, wondering when his life had gotten so messed up. Maybe when his father had been sent to Azkaban, but then again, that hadn’t been a surprise.
He’d been expecting it, and Draco had been more relieved than mad when it had happened. With his father locked away, he would no longer be forced to become a death eater. Something he was becoming more and more opposed to as time went on.

It’s not that he suddenly abandoned all the beliefs that had been drilled into him from childhood, and was now ready to accept all muggle-lovers and mudbloods with open arms. No, he just didn’t think he wanted to dedicate his life to a hypocrite.

Of course, just because Draco wasn’t sure he wanted to become a death eater, didn’t mean that he would suddenly fall to his knees and worship Potter and all his little friends like everybody else seemed to around here. Never. Just because he was contemplating asking Dumbledore to join the light side, didn’t mean we would suddenly be friends with all those goody two shoes.

But that was besides the point, Draco turned his mind back to thoughts of his messed up life, only wanting to wallow in self pity.

He had no friends. It certainly seemed to everybody else as if he did, but Crab and Goyle could hardly be categorized as breathing, thinking human beings, much less capable friends!

No, he didn’t have any real friends. In fact, the only person who really cared about him, besides his mother in her fits of guiltiness she found herself in every once in a while, when she would buy him a new broomstick or some other expensive thing to make up for it, was Pansy Parkinson. Not because she particularly cared about his well being, no, but it would be better for her appearance, or her appeal he should say, especially to the male population of Hogwarts, if it looked like she was unattainable, or at least a challenge. He doubted this greatly, but rarely voiced his thoughts on such matters.

Your pathetic, just sitting in your dorm feeling sorry for yourself. Get up, do something instead of sitting here like a stupid idiot.

Sighing, he looked at the clock, and realized he was late for lunch.

Marvelous, just what I needed. He thought sullenly.

He put on his cloak and hurried out of the dorm, shoving the portrait aside roughly on his way out, and earning an angry comment from it’s inhabitant. _________________________________________________

Ginny stared out the window. Not really looking at the scenery, just feeling sorry for herself.

All guys were the same, they only wanted one thing, and that was easy enough to figure out. Even girls who were virtually blind to their ulterior motives, such as her, eventually got it. And when they did, chances were it was a rude wake-up call.

She had just broken up with Dean that day, after he had tried to persuade her to have sex with him, despite her angry insistence not to many times.

She hadn’t really liked him all that much. She had only gone out with him because he was cute, and besides, everybody else seemed to have a boyfriend, why couldn’t she? But nonetheless, it still hurt to be used like that.

But never again, she decided. She would wait for the right guy to come along. No matter how long it took.

He was undoubtedly out there, although sometimes she wondered. He’d be considerate and respectful, wouldn’t pressure her into things. He’d have to be at least a little smart or at least not a dimwit, and of course he’d have to like Quidditch. You didn’t grow up with six brothers, all crazed Quidditch fanfatics, and not grow up to be one yourself. Of course, it’d also be nice if he got along with her family, and he would preferably be hot, she thought, a smile growing on her face.

As she heard a door slam down the hall, she came out of her stupor and looked at the clock, realizing she was late for lunch.

Great, just great. If I miss lunch I won’t have time to go down to the kitchens before Quidditch practice! She thought.

Putting on her shoes, she raced out of the tower, slowing her pace only slightly when she was closer to the great hall. But looking at her watch she sped up quickly again as she rounded the corner.

When she turned into the main hallway, the next thing she knew, all of her books were laying haphazardly scattered on the floor, along with herself. She looked up into the eyes of a certain someone sprawling on the floor across from her.

As her sluggish mind finally processed who it was, her eyes widened.

A/n: How did you like it? Please, if you have any suggestions/comments/helpful criticism, even if it’s mean tell me! Because when you point out things that are wrong in my stories or things that I could make better, it inspires me to write better!
Leave a Review