Opposite Attraction.
Chapter 2: Awkward situations and pumpkin juice

A/N: Sparky, sparky, spark! ***, no I'm not off my rocker, you’ll see! Just read the story!

“Malfoy!” Ginny said in a shocked voice.

“Weasel!” Draco said in an equally shocked voice.

They spoke at the same time, the disdain showing clearly on both of their faces.

“Watch where you're going! Or is your head so big now that it obstructs your view?” Ginny said, her anger flaring.

“Cute, very cute. I’m surprised you’d dare to emerge from that den of yours, what with those tattered robes, and wild red hair,” Draco spat back.

It’s not actually red, quite a charming shade of auburn actually, a refreshing change from the others', I should think.

WHAT! Snap out of it, you idiot! You were just thinking something NICE about the Weaslette! WHAT is wrong with me! I really need to eat something, lack of food is affecting my brain, Draco thought, shaking his head.

As Malfoy was staring off into space, Ginny was standing there glowering at him.

What is his problem? Does he have NOTHING better to do than torture Gryffindors? But then again. . . it didn’t seem sincere this time, the insult. . . Ginny thought.

Looking at him, she thought, he’s so cute when he’s surprised, without that mask of impassiveness over his face.

“WHAT!” Ginny screamed out loud.

“Shit,” she said out loud, again.

By now, Draco was staring at her. Confusion clearly showing on his face.

“Talking to yourself Gi-Weasley? That’s never a good sign. One of the first signs of insanity actually.” Shoot, I almost said her name! I really REALLY need some food. Now just back away slowly, and maybe she won’t notice.

“Did you just call me Ginny?” she said bewildered.

“No!” Hh said quickly.

“Liar,” she said, with a smirk on her face.

“Am not!” Draco said indignantly.

“Then why is your face red, if you have nothing to hide?” Draco thought he could practically hear the smirk in her voice.

“Because, because, It just is!” he said flustered.

“What’s the matter, ferret boy, blast-ended skrewt got your tongue?” Ginny said laughing.

“What?!” Draco said in confusion.

“Nevermind, just comes from spending too much time with Luna Lovegood,” she said with another laugh.

“Right,” he said slowly.

They sat there staring at each other, in an awkward silence, realizing at the same time, hence Draco’s jaw dropping, and Ginny’s eyes bulging out, that they had just gotten along. If only for a few seconds, but still. . .

At the same time they sprung into action, simultaneously reaching for their books.

As they were retrieving their books, Ginny went for her History of Magic book, which was consequently under Draco’s potions book.

They went for their books at the same time, and their hands accidentally brushed each other’s. As they made contact, it seemed as if a bolt of electricity had jumped from the others hands, up their arms, not ending until they both snatched their hands away a second later.

As they looked at each other, another awkward silence ensued.

“Ahem,” said Draco, clearing his throat.

“Well. . .” said Ginny, trailing off into another awkward silence.

“I’ve er, got to go.” And with that she hurried off quickly, her face flushed red with embarrassment.

WHAT was that! That was so weird, first, we’re actually being civil to each other, and then, our hands touch, and it’s like, electricity or something! Wait! No! This is DRACO MALFOY were talking about! His hands were just clammy or something, and you were shocked by the coldness. Yes! That’s it! That’s ALL there is to it! She thought as she walked away.

As Draco straightened up and turned to leave, his eye caught on a silver necklace shimmering on the ground.

It must be her necklace! He thought, as his breath caught in his throat.

Looking up and down the hall, he noticed that she was already out of sight.

Well. . . seeing as she’s no longer here, I’m sure it’d be better that I take it, instead of somebody, less trustworthy person, he thought. Yes, I’ll just give it back to her when I see her next! he decided.

And with that, he quickly pocketed it and walked into the great hall.
___________________________________________________

Sitting at the Gryffindor table, Ginny was unknowingly stabbing her sandwich viciously with her fork, in an attempt to clear her head of thoughts of Draco Malfoy, and the sensation Ginny had felt climb up her arm when their hands touched.

This is RIDICULOUS! Draco Malfoy is an egotistical prat! His father is a death eater! And you know what they say, like father like son! she thought angrily.

“Ginny, did the sandwich do anything to you? Because you know, if it did, I’d be glad to hex it for you!” Harry said to Ginny, laughing at his own joke.

“Oh, ha, ha, Harry! I’m astounded by your clever wit every time you open your mouth! However do you do it?” she said sarcastically.

But Harry had already turned his attention elsewhere.

“Argh! Does everyone around here find it funny to ignore me?” she muttered angrily as she banged her head on the table, feeling sorry for herself. She quickly regretted it though, as she felt something wet and sticky dripping down her forehead. Looking down, she saw she had rested her head in her bowl of soup.

Great, could this day GET any worse?

But of course, you should know never to say that, unless you just might jinx yourself, which is of course exactly what she did.

As she reached for the napkins across the table, she knocked over her goblet, the juice in it quickly spilling all over her. Jumping up and trying to get some of the liquid out of her skirt with the napkins in her hand, she rammed into somebody quite forcefully as she was jumping back from the table.

The next thing she knew, she was on the floor lying on something, or should I say someone. She looked up into the eyes of the person who so unfortunately had been behind her at the time of Ginny’s clumsiness and groaned, trying to ignore the tingling spreading up from her fingers.

Not again! she thought.
_________________________________________________

Draco walked into the great hall, quickly scanning the tables for a certain redhead.

As he spotted her, and walked over to the Gryffindor table, a thought struck him.

I can’t walk over there! The whole “Dream Team” will be sure to maul me! I’ll just have to give it to her some other time, when she’s not in the company of those three disgusting human beings.

Deciding upon this, he proceeded to promptly start walking again hurriedly past the Gryffindor table on the way to his own.

But not quickly enough, evidently. As he was walking right past where Ginny was sitting, at that exact time, he heard Ginny shriek, and turned to look at her. Big mistake. As he was standing there (once again he had stopped walking) she got up quickly from the table, and toppled into him.

Draco lost his footing, and soon he found himself on the floo, underneath Ginny, bewildered, and also trying to ignore the electricity that seemed to flow from Ginny onto his fingertips, to his hands, and up to his brain, slowly affecting his judgement and sense of rational thinking.

As their eyes met, Ginny audibly groaned, and buried her head in his shoulder.

A/N: Hey! Tell me if you like it! Thanks for all the reviews!! They were awesome! Again, even if you have kind of mean things to say (which are still helpful) SAY THEM! It helps my writing! Thanks!
Leave a Review