Opposite Attraction
Chapter 3: Missing things and bumping heads

“Well, Weaslette, we seem to find ourselves on the floor together quite a lot don’t we?” He said with a smirk.

Ginny lifted her head off of his shoulder quickly, as she realized where it was, her face red with embarrassment.

“Yes, it would appear so wouldn’t it.” She answered back.

“I just said that, so yes. . . it would. But thanks for making it obvious to everybody else.” Draco said smirking.

Ginny glared at him, but quickly gave it up and smirked back at him.

Shocked, Draco burst out laughing.

“What?” Ginny asked angrily.

“You cannot smirk. It’s just so funny to see you try. You end up looking like you’re in pain.” Draco said through his fits of laughing.

When Draco stopped laughing, Ginny realized she was still on top of him.

“Well, um, thank you, for er, cushioning my fall!” She said quickly getting up off of him with a nervous laugh.

No, don’t get up! It felt so right, so warm. . . WAIT! What the hell am I thinking? I’m completely off my bonkers, the sooner I get some food into my system, the better, yes food.

Coming out of his thoughts, he realized she was waiting for him to answer.

“It’s okay Gi-I mean Weasel, just make sure that next time you. .” He was about to insult her, and suddenly stopped. He opened his mouth again, and closed it, open, close. Standing there like an idiot, finding himself suddenly rendered unable to taunt her. “Just make sure your watching where your going.” He said, and quickly turned, walked a few steps, then stopped. He turned around quickly, his robes billowing, knocking into a first year Hufflepuff in the process.

“Er, wait! Earlier you dropped this, just giving it back to you.” And he quickly walked off, again, this time sitting down at his house table. Staring at the necklace, she thought:

Why does he always seem to be the one I run (literally) into? And then there’s that darn tingling, I mean claminess, whenever he touches me! It’s infuriating! Why does HE have to be the one to affect me this way! ARGH!

Deep in her thoughts, she rushed out just minutes later, after a fruitless attempt to leave thoughts of a certain silver- eyed someone behind and eat her lunch peacefully.

Heading up to her dorm to change before quidditch practice, she didn’t notice the object of her thoughts get up quickly afterwards and follow her out the door.

Ginny stopped suddenly on her way up to Gryffindor tower. She thought she had heard footsteps, but now they were gone. Looking behind her, all she saw was a few students milling about. Shrugging, she continued.

“Snufflesnort.” She said quickly to the fat lady, and hurried up to her room.

Is it just me or does the password get weirder every year? She thought to herself, a small smile on her face.

After changing into her quidditch uniform, and taking a short, or maybe not so short nap, she hurried back downstairs, broom in hand.

Darn, shouldn’t have taken that nap, now I’m late!

She quickly grabbed her bookbag from one of the couches, planning to study later after practice, and pushed the portrait open hurrying out.

But, of course as fate would have it, she once again found herself on the floor, holding her head as the stars in her eyes cleared, and she found herself staring into entrancing grey eyes again, the second time in one day.

“Well, fancy meeting you here Weaslette. Couldn’t stay away could you?” Draco said with a smirk.

“On the contrary ferret boy, seeing as I am just outside MY common room, and seeing as YOU are on top of ME this time!” Ginny said smugly.

“Oh, well. . .yes, I see that.” He said quickly getting off of her, and offering her a hand up.

She took it, not exactly noticing what she was doing, until she as standing up once again staring into those grey eyes, and realized that she was not only standing less than a foot apart from Draco Malfoy, but also that he was still holding her hand.

“Well!” She said dropping his hand and bending down to retrieve her books. “I really have to get going, nice chatting with you!” And with that she left, leaving behind a stunned Draco Malfoy.

As he bent to pick up the books he had been carrying, he noticed a brown, leather bound book among his other books.

Ginny’s Diary, he thought with a gasp!

Looking down the corridor in the direction Ginny had gone, he realized that she was gone.

Well, she’s gone, and I’m here with one of her things, again. So I should probably take it, and then, you know, I can hold on to it for her! Yeah! That’s it! I mean, better me than somebody who would probably take it and read it and not give it back. And YOU won’t read it? His conscious asked. I never said that! I’m just fully intending to give it back!

And with that he quickly got up, shoving the book to the bottom of his bag and hurried back to his dormitory.

_______________________________________________
“Ginny! Concentrate! You just missed another ball! If we’re going to beat Ravenclaw this weekend we have to practice!”

Ginny was at quidditch practice, being yelled at by Harry, who was now the team captain, because she had dropped the quaffle, AGAIN. And why, did she drop it pray tell? Because she couldn’t get her mind off of Draco sodding Malfoy! She couldn’t forget the tingling sensation, or the way his eyes seemed to hold hers, and see into her soul, or the way that he hadn’t been as mean, or mean at all in fact, to her lately.

“Hellooo! Ginny, snap out of it! Pay attention!” Harry said waving his hands in front of her face.

“Sorry Harry, just a little preoccupied today.”

“Yes, well make sure you pay attention!”

Geez, Harry can be very bossy sometimes, or is it just me?

She kicked off the ground, following her team mates into the air, for a simple passing drill.

Everything was going fine until she saw a gray bird fly through the sky, which in turn reminded her of Draco’s eyes, and suddenly there was an “OOF!” followed by a *THUD* as Ginny hit the ground, which was luckily, just a couple of feet below her.

“Ginny!” Was the last thing she heard before she completely blacked out.

Draco bounded up the stairs two at a time, jumped onto his bed, and quickly pulled the bed curtains shut.

I really shouldn’t be doing this. This is bad! Bad! Bad! Oh shut up, you’ve done worse things than this before! Yes, but this is Ginny’s Diary! So? What’s the difference with her! You don’t fancy her do you? No, No! Nothings different! Nothing at all, and of course I don’t fancy her! Good than read the diary!

Sighing, he opened the diary to a random page, looking at the date, which was coincidentally today, during lunch it looked like, seeing as there were bits of food on the paper.

Dear Diary,

Something SOOO weird happened today I don’t even know where to start! Ok, so I was hurrying on my way to lunch, and then I bump into DRACO MALFOY! Of all people! So we were insulting each other, nothing usual, but then, he started being. . . like actually civil! It was kind of freaky, actually. And so anyways, then there was this awkward silence, and so I just reached down to grab my books, but he must have reached for the same book, because our hands were touching! It was so weird, it felt like, a bolt of electricity traveling from his fingertips! Kind of like in those sappy muggle movies, the spark they always talk about! It was so weird, but I mean DRACO MALFOY! He was different today, not his usual egotistical prat, he was actually sort of, normal! But, it’s just, ARGH! I can’t get him out of my head! It’s so annoying, I wonder if I fa- NO! I can’t even write the word I most certainly DO NOT FANCY DRACO MALFOY!

Must go now though, have to eat fast before quidditch practice.

Ginny

Bloody hell. Bloody sodding hell! She fancies me! Or she might, she did say that she didn’t! Yes, but she almost said she did! And she felt that spark too! So what if she did? It doesn’t mean anything! It’s not like you actually fancy HER! What if I do like her? Bloody Hell! I like Ginny Weasley! No, no, I can’t! She’s just pretty, that’s it! I can’t like the Weaslette!

Infuriated with himself for even letting himself think that, he strode angrily out of the room to the hospital wing.

I’ve got to get a headache potion from Pomfrey, all this arguing with myself is making my head hurt.

The last thing he expected to see as he stepped into the hospital wing, was Ginny, laying on a bed surrounded by what looked like the whole Gryffindor quidditch team. The blood drained from his face, and without thinking he ran over to the bed.

“What happened? Is she alright?” He asked shakily.

As everybody sitting around Ginny’s bed stared at him, he knew he’d make a mistake.

“What’s it to you?” Ron asked angrily.

Quickly regaining his composure, he said, “Nothing, just wanted to know so I could tell the captain of the Ravenclaw quidditch team not to bother showing up at the game next weekend, seeing as your only decent chaser is obviously not well enough to play.” A sneer firmly in place on his face.

“Well than you can go tell him that she’ll be fine! It’s just a concussion, and she’ll be up in an hour or so, plenty time enough for her to be in the game next weekend! Now I’d suggest you leave before I’m forced to hex you to pieces and scatter them over the four corners of the earth!” Ron said angrily raising his wand and pointing it at Draco.

The color came back to Draco’s face. And he stalked off, not even bothering to reply, completely forgetting the Headache Potion.

Wait, why am I so relieved that she’s ok! Why should I care? Because you fancy her! A little voice in his head said. I do not! That’s rubbish, just because every time she touches me, I get this tingling sensation, and every time our eyes meet the world seems to stop. . . STOP! Stop it right now! You’re losing it! Over a WEASLEY! No less! Well I can’t help who I fancy! Well then for gods sake, if you’re going to fancy poor trash like her, at least do something about it! But I caaan’t! Oh bloody hell stop whining! Why are you afraid? She won’t say no! She fancies you, you heard, well not really heard, saw her say it! So just do it before you lose your mind!

But his train of thought was abruptly cut off as he not so gracefully walked directly into the wall.

“Excellent. I find myself on the floor again except this time, there isn’t a certain red head lying on top of me! Totally ruins the effect,” he grumbled, picking himself gingerly up off the floor and walking away. “What to do, what to do.” He said to himself as he made his way to the owlery, not noticing that some 1st year Ravenclaws were staring at him rather strangely.

As he stepped into the owlery, he realized he had no letter to send.

Cursing silently under his breath, he ran back to his dorm and quickly jotted down a note.

Ginny,

Heard about your accident. Are you ok? Just wondering. . Anyways, can you meet me at the library tonight? Say around 9?

See you there,
D.M.

A few minutes later, just as Ginny was waking up, an owl landed on her arm, hooting softly and nudging her. She untied the letter, and it flew away. Reading it, her jaw dropped.

Draco Malfoy. Wanted to see her. Her. There were butterflies in her stomach. No, not butterflies. More like pidgeons! Yes, big pigeons in her stomach! What did he want? Glancing at her watch she saw dinner was already over. Getting out of bed, she dressed quickly and walked over to the door.

“Oh no you don’t missy, you stay right there until you’ve had your medicine.” Madam Pomfrey said bossily.

“Medicine?” Ginny gulped, it was a widely accepted fact that any medicine you received in the hospital wing would be foul tasting and smell atrocious too.

“Yes.” She said, stuffing the medicine into her mouth before Ginny could protest.

“Now off with you.” She said shooing Ginny out the door. As soon as Ginny was out, the door was shut firmly behind her.

“Yuck!” Ginny said trying to keep the medicine down. She hurried to her common room, planning to drop off her bookbag, before going to the library.

But alas, she was intercepted, as what seemed to be the whole Gryffindor house swarmed around her, shooting questions at her, asking her if she was alright, and making sure she would be able to play.

“I’M FINE!” She said angrily, racing up the steps to her dorm and shutting the door firmly behind her.

Emptying out her bag, she realized she didn’t have her diary. Looking frantically around the room for it, tearing apart beds and pulling drawers out of dressers and throwing their contents around, she realized that she had lost it.

With a groan she looked at the clock and realized she had to meet Draco in 5 minutes. Putting on her cloak she hurried out the door.

A/N: Ok this chapter wasn’t as good, but tell me how you like it anyways!
To Be Continued.
Funnykido is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Opposite Attraction also liked 362 other stories.
Leave a Review