Disclaimer: Sadly enough, I do not own Harry Potter… the characters and the storyline etc. belong to J.K. Shame, she could’ve at least let me borrow Draco, lol.

Summary: At first it was simple Draco+Ginny AKA Malfoy+Weasley = enemies. During a fight, a baby comes between them. Literally. They are told to watch the baby (as punishment). Do things change? You bet.



Baby, Oh Baby
I: Karma



Ginny’s P.O.V.


As I was walking down the hallway with Colin Creevey, I sighed. From the look on Ron’s face, he must think Colin and I are dating. How dare he? Thinking he can butt into my love life (or lack thereof). I don’t say anything about him and Lavender.

Lucky for me, they walked right past us. Hopefully that glare he sent at Colin won’t do much damage to our friendship. Actually, I think it was lucky for Colin… Ron didn’t break anything.

Do bad things always come after good things? Or tragedies in threes? If what just happened was good for ME, I wonder what will happen now.



Merlin. I’ve been sitting in Divination for way TOO long. Those fumes in that room of hers must be toxic; I think they’re making my brain go to mush.

Beside me, I heard Colin gasp. “Ginny, look-“ Poor guy. Didn’t even get to finish his sentence.

Now, picture this in slow motion: I bring my head up, only to have my nose come in contact with something – HARD. There’s a flash of platinum before my eyes. After landing on the floor, I push up on my hands and sit up.

‘Hey… since when does the floor have long, hard rocks?’ I groped around a bit.

“Weaselette, are you going to quit groping me anytime soon and get up?” A dry voice interrupted my train of thought.

‘Oh, dear God.’ Only then did I realize I was straddling Draco Malfoy, and what I’m groping is his broad, muscular chest. ‘Damn! This thing is basically chiseled… Umm… I mean…’ I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

::click::

“What the hell?” Colin (risking his neck in front of Malfoy) was taking pictures. Of US! Hastily, I scrambled up.

“Something wrong, Weasel?” Malfoy sneered in my direction. “We all know you liked it.” With a glare in Colin’s general direction, he had the poor boy scampering off down the corridor.

“Why on Earth did you DO THAT? Colin’s my friend!” I shouted into his face.

“He was taking pictures,” was the dry response. “Of course, by tomorrow’s first class your brother will know what you do in your spare time.”

Oh my God, he wouldn’t! I mean, I know Colin loves a good picture and all, but this is Draco Stupidass Malfoy. “You wouldn’t dare,” I growled.

“Dare? Oh, I think I do. You see, dares are my favorite thing.” Malfoy smirked at me, nose to nose in my face. My breath hitched in my throat.

::dwink dwink:: I twitched. ::slap::

“Pervert! You – you groped me!” I screamed in his face.

Draco Bloody Malfoy remained calm. “I groped you? If that’s the case, then you were practically shagging my, just with clothes on!”

“Oh, you wish. Intolerable jerk!”

“Stupid perverted child!”

“Child, huh? Well, no child punches like this, you dumbass bastard!” He caught my arm. ‘Damn.’

“Insolent little bi-“ A little blue bundle being levitated by the floor caught our eyes.

Stunned, Malfoy let go of my arm. I bent down to pick up the bundle. Moving the blanket aside, I realized that it was a baby boy.

Looking up at Malfoy, I said, “Don’t you dare continue that sentence.” Then I realized that he was walking off. “Hey! Where are you going?”

“It’s not my kid,” came the drawl. THAT made me even angrier.

“Excuse me? With your reputation, I wouldn’t be surprised if you HAD a couple of kids running around!” He turned to look at me, and probably would’ve sneered if Professor McGonagall hadn’t shown up.

“What in the name of Merlin are you two standing there arguing about?” The baby yawned, and Professor noticed him for the first time. “My goodness! Virginia… is this…?” She looked from Malfoy to me. “I… never noticed that-“

Realization dawned on me. She thought that this was my baby… and that fool’s! “Professor McGonagall, this is not my child. Mal- I mean, Draco and I were talking-“ I was interrupted by a snort.

“Ha, talking. Is that what you call being all over me?” Malfoy raised an eyebrow.

“Why, I outta – If I wasn’t holding him-,” I indicated the baby, “-I would kick your… tush.”

“We all know you want to either way. You know you like it.” I glared at him.

“I think I’ve seen enough,” Professor McGonagall said sternly. “So where did this little rugrat come from?” She took him from me and started cooing in his face.

The fool and I both started. “He… he just kind of popped up,” Malfoy tried to explain.

“Just popped up? It’s not possible to apparate into Hogwarts. His parents must’ve done a spell of some sort. We’ll need to see Professor Dumbledore about this.” She paused. “What’s your name, little one?” The baby gurgled and reached up to pull her hair. Professor McGonagall laughed and handed him back to me.

‘How often does Professor McGonagall laugh?’ was the look I gave Dra- I mean, Malfoy. He shrugged and started walking down the hall.

“Mister Malfoy,” The professor called.

“Professor Dumbledore,” was the reply. I hurried after him.

“Umm… Draco?” Damn it! I was supposed to say Malfoy, Malfoy!

“Are you just going to stand there and goggle at me all day, or are you actually going to say something?” He sneered.

“WAH!!!”

“Oh, dear God Malfoy!”

“What’d I do?!”

“Can’t you find somewhere else to do that God-awful stupid look of yours?”

“I didn’t do anything! Maybe if that little brat-“

“Don’t call him a brat!”

“Well, maybe if the stupid little bastard-“ ::slap:: “Ow! What was that for?”

“What have I told you about cursing around him!?”

“Mr. and Mrs. Mal- I mean,” ooh, Professor McGonagall hid that smirk behind her hand rather well, “Mr. Malfoy, Miss Weasley, are you starting a babysitting service, or are you having maniac reproduction problems?”

“Oh, ew!”

“Why the hell would I want to do that with this bitch?” Did Professor McGonagall just kick him under her robes?

“Ten points from Slytherin for cursing,” she said.

“What the? I’m a 7th year, for crying out loud!”

“For cursing in front of a baby. Oh, and the reason I asked about babysitting.” She pointed back towards us. “Look by your feet.”

“A… oh, not more of them!” I bet you can’t guess who said it… Right. The prat.

Hold it… what did he mean ‘not more of them!’ I looked down. Beside my feet, there were two bundles: one, a light pink, and the other, a light green. A pair of gray eyes and a pair of hazel eyes stared back at me innocently.

“Umm… Malfoy?” I paused, trying to regain my composure. “Can you hold him? I… I need to – to tie my shoe.” Ignoring the fact that my shoes DON’T HAVE LACES.

Draco… Damn! Did it again. Oh, who CARES? Draco took the baby from me. And I went to tie my shoelaces, all right.

I fainted.

CURSE karma.
Leave a Review