The five of them trudged onto the slightly smaller version of the D cabin that was meant for the counselors.

“Well, mate, prepare yourself to see what would sure be described as ‘wonderful!’ by Hermione dearest, but absolutely hideous to us…” Ron murmured to Harry who had to stifile a laugh as Hermione talked.

“Oh this is so exciting guys!!! I wonder how it’s all going to look! I heard that the these cabins are much better than the campers’ cabins, and even then, our cabins weren’t that horri-“

“Hermione!” Ron said loudly, interrupting Hermione, “Why don’t you just open the door and see how it is.”

Hermione flushed slightly, “Oh, right… I was getting to that.”

She opened the door and then everyone stuck their heads inside inside a nd looked around.

“Hm, I guess it’s ok,” Ron said, “Not bad.”

“Just ok?!” Hermione exclaimed, pushing past everyone and going into the room. “It’s wonderful!”

And indeed it was, of course it wasn’t nearly as grand as the Hogwarts dormitories were, but it was nice for a camp.

The cabin that they had was like a suite, two small rooms with bunk beds and desks in each, a small kitchenette, two small bathrooms, and a sitting room with two couches and a…

“Uh… what’s that weird little black box thing?” Ron asked.

“It’s called a television, Ron, Muggles watch it for entertainment.”

“Wow, Muggles are even dumber than I thought! Watching a stupid black box for entertainment?! How stupid could somebody get?” Draco cried out in amusement and disbelief. “On the other hand, it’s not like I expected much from Muggles in the first place.”

Hermione’s eyes narrowed into slits as she glared at him. “You’re the dumb one, Malfoy, there’s more to this ‘black box.’ If you push the ‘power’ button, images will begin to show.”

“Ok, so you’ll see little images, what’s so interesting about that? I can get you a couple pictures and show them to you and that’ll be more interesting because they’re moving.” Malfoy pointed out looking extremely please with himself.

“I’m not even going to try explaining anything else to you! Here, just watch it!” Hermione cried out as she pushed the power button.

Immediately, images of a man sitting on a bench with an elderly lady popped up onto the screen.

“My mom told me that life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’ll get next,” the man on the screen said.

And so Ginny, Ron, and Draco were glued to the screen while Hermione and Harry who had already seen Forrest Gump many times only watched quietly.

Half an hour passed by and a bell went off signaling that it was lunchtime.

“Come on, guys,” Hermione said to them, “It’s time for lunch.”

Ron tore his eyes away from the screen for a couple seconds, “Just go eat first with Harry and then bring something back for us ok?”

“Ron!” Hermione cried out in unhidden frustration, “It’s only a movie, you normally never miss out on a chance for food!”

“But it’s a really good movie!”

“Forrest Gump isn’t even THAT good, if you want a good movie, it’s The Lion King.”

“You mean there are even more movies than Forrest Gump?!” Ron cried out gleefully.

“Many more,” Hermione assured him.

“I’ll probably survive these two weeks now!”

“Ok fine, I give up, watch Forrest Gump then for all I care. And Malfoy, what are you doing so entrapped by a muggle thing?!”

“I’m not entrapped!” Malfoy cried out indignantly, “I just find this thing to be slightly interesting.”

“Oh yes, and that’s exactly why you haven’t torn your eyes away for over half an hour,” Ginny said sarcastically, getting up from the floor. “Well, I’m getting hungry now so I’m going to get lunch with you guys.”

Hermione smiled at Ginny, “Since you’re not as obsessed as those two, I’ll let you watch the DVD later, and then there will be no commercials.”

Ginny looked at her extremely puzzled. “Exactly what is a DVD?”

“A DVD is just this little disk thing that you pop into that machine over there and it’ll – oh whatever I’m too tired to explain, I’ll just show you later alright?”


Ron and Malfoy were with Hermione, Harry, and Ginny a couple minutes later when they walked to the cafeteria. They had all forced Hermione to explain what a DVD was, so Ron was a happy camper knowing that he could get to eat his lunch AND watch Forrest Gump later.

“I should never have showed the television to you guys, now you’re never going to get away from it.” Hermione said as they headed towards the staff’s cafeteria room.

“What do you mean Hermione?! That’s the only thing that’s going to be keeping me alive and sane for these two weeks!” Ron said.

“The reason that people usually come to camp is to get away from all of this present day technology so they can do things like hiking, archery, and the likes!” Hermione shot back at him.

“Well, I don’t even know what hiking and arch- whatever is! Don’t forget that this is your entire fault that I’m even here in the first place. I was not for this little camping thing,” Ron snapped right back.

“You promised me that you would try!”

Harry cut into their argument before Ron could say anything else. “Could we please try not to fight over these two weeks? Ron, just don’t watch the television that much; and Hermione, you should know that Ron would not be too eager to agree. So just stop fighting, can we ever have a moment’s peace with you two?!”

Ron and Hermione both looked down at the grass sullenly. “Sorry Harry,” they mumbled quietly.

“Why are you two saying sorry to me? It’s not like you were yelling at me. Can we just please go inside and eat lunch in peace?”

They nodded their heads but then glared angrily at the other the minute that Harry’s back was turned to them.

Ginny looked at Harry and shook her head; her eyes were sparking merrily in amusement however. “I suppose it’s the best that we’re every going to get from those two.”

“I have no idea how we’re going to survive these two weeks. I mean, having Ron and Hermione fighting all the time is bad enough, but now we’ve got Malfoy to deal with too?” Harry noted.

“I heard that, Scar-Head!” Malfoy shouted angrily.

“And nobody cares, Ferret Boy!” Ginny hollered back.

Harry shook his head as Ginny and ‘Ferret Boy’ began fighting also. This was going to be a loooong two weeks, and Harry was positive that they were all going to be grateful when it was over, providing that they didn’t all kill each other first of course.


A/N: so there, there’s chapter two. Are you all really proud of me?! Yeah, extremely sorry about the long delay. PLEASE LEAVE ME SOME REVIEWS!!! Thanks =D I love you all, especially you who leaves reviews! Tell me what you think!
To Be Continued.
CarEtoDreaM is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Muggle Summer Camp also liked 281 other stories.
Leave a Review