Author’s note: Nobody in this, except for James, Nicky, Toby, Marli, Hailey, and Kyle, belongs to me. So yeah… Hope you enjoy.

Author's note: This is important! I need a beta reader! I have tried to send in the next chapter, but I always have to many spelling errors, so if somebody wouldn't mind sparing me some of their time, I would be deeply obliged if you could email me at Eccentric_turtle@hotmail.com .
~{}~
Tap, tap, tap…
Draco groggily opened his eyes. They instantly snapped closed again. It was so damn bright! This was the worst part of the morning, waking up.

He would have stayed in bed for a few more hours, if he didn’t have work in half an hour, and if the incessant tapping had stopped, but alas, these things were not to be ignored.

He sighed and sat up, not wishing to prolong his torturous awakening. He squinted and opened the window of his bedroom. A large Tawny owl swooped in, dropping a paper on his desk, and then proceeding to stick its leg out, eager to be paid. Draco shook his head in a vain attempt to wake himself up, and paid the owl, failing to notice that he had given the bird seven galleons, instead of sickles.

Draco quickly dressed and readied himself for the day, but it was as he padded through the hallways of the manor that it hit him. He was home. After seventeen years of making a name for himself in France, Canada, and the U.S, he was back.

This, however, did nothing to cheer him up. Home was where he had grown up. Home was Hogwarts. Home was… Ginny… Was, being the key word of the sentence.

He sighed, and for the millionth time, regretted leaving after his seventh year. He had left her behind, the only girl who ever really got to know him. He remembered, vividly, the antics they had gotten up to on his last day, and blushed slightly as the memories caused blood to rush… downwards.

They had never told anyone about them, but it hadn’t really mattered. Draco frowned, wondering if there was any chance she would take him back. But he shook his head, there was no way she would want him now. Heck, she was probably married, with kids of her own now.

Draco couldn’t help but clench his fist angrily, as he thought of Ginny with kids that weren’t his. He still couldn’t believe that she had managed to stay with him this long, that he had never forgotten her.

~~
Ginny paused from her work as a frantic, “Ginny!” rang through her house. She dropped crayons onto the table and rushed to the fireplace, where Luna Potter’s head was sitting in the flames.
“What’s the matter, Luna?” Ginny asked, worried at her friend’s tones.

“We’re having a difficult time at the office, Parvati called in sick, and she can’t finish her gossip column this week, so they handed it off to me. I’ve been sunk, dealing with the layout, the recipe page, and Parvati’s column. So I was wondering if you could accept James into your daycare on short notice, Nicky could come over and help!” Luna spouted at top speed.

The desperation in Luna’s voice was enough to make Ginny laugh, but she managed to keep a straight face, “Sure Luna, you can send them over right now. Toby and Marli have been bored out of their socks without company. Nicky’ll do them good.”

Luna sighed in obvious relief, “Thanks Gin, you’re a life saver. Oh, and Toby made the front page.” With that, Luna was gone.

Ginny didn’t mind not knowing why Toby had merited the front page of the Daily Prophet. As it was, Toby’s antics were best left unsaid.
Ginny went back downstairs, calling upstairs as she went, “Guys, Nicky’s coming over!”

Two teenagers instantly galloped down the stairs. Ginny smiled at them, Toby and Marli, her two children, and the only evidence of her fling with Draco, other than her own hurt that is. She was still waiting for him to return. Even though it was a fool’s dream, and she didn’t trust herself to hope. In the meantime, she was content with the strange looking kids in front of her.

Toby was tall and thin, with one bright green eye, and a dull gray one. It made him look odd, the different colored irises. But nobody seemed to mind. He had dyed his strawberry blonde hair an offendingly bright, neon pink. One of his ears contained a small silver stud, with a snake shaped spring, curling into the shell. His skin was fair and pale, but a splatter of almost invisible freckles had made its way onto his nose. He was wearing a faded yellow t-shirt, with a pair of old jeans, ripped into shorts. Old striped tights clung obscurely to his legs, making him look gangly and awkward.

His twin sister Marli, however, was a different story. She was about an inch shorter than her brother, with icy gray eyes that seemed to glaze over when she was tired. Her skin was devoid of all freckles, and her hair was tied back into a messy knot. Her hair was Weasley trademark red, but seemed to achieve a lighter tone than her mother’s. She was wearing a baggy dark blue t-shirt that proclaimed in big red letters, ‘Spawn of Satan’. Her legs were covered by dark blue, jean pedal pushers, and black converse shoes covered her feet.
Ginny smiled lovingly at them.

“Hey Mum, d’you mind if we call up Hailey and Kyle then?” Toby asked.
“Yah, we promised Hailey we’d take her out for lunch,” Marli piped up, “It’s her birthday you know.”

Ginny nodded, “Sure, just be back by 1:00. I need you to help me with clean-up.”

Toby grinned, “Sure, make sure you don’t fun the kids to death while we’re gone.”

Ginny smiled. She was now the owner of a successful daycare. She had opened it after Toby and Marli had left for Hogwarts in their first year.

Kyle, Hailey, and Nicky were proof that Ginny had not been the only one participating in frantic love making at the end of her sixth year. Luna Potter, Hermione Weasley, Lavender Longbottom, and Ginny…Weasley had all given birth within a month of each other.
The five children had been fast friends, and were instantly a force to be reckoned with. They were the present version of Fred and George attending Hogwarts, and twice as bad. They had somehow managed to outdo the older Weasleys. Fred said that they had bested them when they managed to paint a moustache, unibrow, and devil horns onto Snape, and then charm him, so that he spent most of the day dancing around the halls, singing ‘Oh when the moon hits your eyes like a big pizza pie, that’s Amore…’ at the top of his lungs. They hadn’t figured out the rest of the verses beforehand so that was as far as it got, but it was still hilarious.

Ginny grinned as a knock on the door sounded, and Nicky stepped in, Luna’s younger child, James, following close behind.

Nicky was the spitting image of her mother, except for her wide green eyes and dark brown hair. A wicked grin also seemed to have taken up residence.

Ginny laughed slightly as James flung himself into Toby’s arms.
“Toby, Toby! You have to sing the meatball song!”

Toby grinned, “The Meatball song? I don’t remember how that song went!”

James cackled, “You’re silly!” That was all it took for the two to jet off into a startling dance to the ‘On top of spaghetti’ song.
Soon after that, the three older children had left to meet with Kyle and Hailey in front of quality quidditch supplies.

~~
Draco sat down in a stiff backed chair at the dining table. His mother sat across from him, looking happy, as per usual. She seemed to glow now that Lucius was gone from their lives.

Draco sighed, pulling some bacon and eggs onto his plate. He had not gotten more than three bites through his breakfast when he paused, halted mid-bite, by the front page of his paper, his first paper since returning to England.

There stood a strange looking boy, standing on the sidewalk in front of Quality Quidditch Supplies, apparently in the act of singing.
It wasn’t what the boy was doing; it was the small caption underneath that drew Draco’s eye:

Toby Weasley, the notorious son of Ginevra Weasley, was seen serenading the new model of the Smoke Stealer, in front of Quality Quidditch Supplies in Diagon Alley yesterday afternoon. When asked to comment, his four companions could only tell this reporter that Mr. Weasley was an emotional type, and has a fetish for the word smoke. Upon further investigation, it seems that Toby is quite an unenthusiastic flyer, who could not fly, even if ‘he was a phoenix.’…

The article went on, describing the amazing attributes of the latest broom model. But Draco was not paying attention, for the word’s ‘son of Ginevra Weasley’, had succeeded in numbing his brain. He could do nothing but stare at the boy's face, a spitting image of his own, in silence, for quite some time.

Then Draco was off, ignoring both his fork, as it clattered to the floor, and his mother, as she called after him confusedly.

He flooed to the first place he could think of, The Ministry.
Upon arriving, he realized that he didn’t even know if she worked here.

He swore silently, his mind racing. That boy had looked about sixteen, seventeen. And that could only mean one thing.
Either Ginny had been having fun with someone else, at the same time as him. Or he was his.


~{}~
Author’s note: I dunno if this makes any sense to anyone but myself, but I would be obliged to know, and will fix it if it is confusing. Please R&R. I doubt I’ll continue this story if I don’t get at least one review. I have this problem where I start a story and never finish it. A review would be my motivation. So if you want me to continue… Yah. I’m sure you get the picture. Hope you enjoyed it.
Leave a Review