Disclaimer: Not mine, except for the plot, though I really wish I could own Draco Malfoy..*sigh* oh well, enjoy.

Chapter1

"A Little Birdie Told Me"





When he died, everything changed.

Ginny Weasley’s entire life seemed to shift gears after the death of Sirius Black She didn’t know why, but ever since the incident at the Department of Mysteries, she would wake up in the mornings with bruises on her body, and strange images in her mind.

Along with these images, she always had a strange sense of Deja vu, as if she had already seen this before, already felt these emotions. It took her months to finally realize that she was not having normal dreams, and that they were actually showing her the future.

She was, in fact, a Dream Oracle. The term seemed so funny to her, so unbelievable. But after a regular occurrence of situations where she already knew what was going to happen, and when, she was convinced she had a gift.

Ginny was always able to tell when a dream was showing her the future; the dreams were so intense and emotional, that they seemed real. She could feel pain, joy, sorrow, and pleasure, in greater amounts than in normal dreams. And for some strange reason, she knew these dreams had a connection with Sirius.

Even Though he is dead, or maybe, because of it, Ginny feels Sirius’s spiritual presence in all of her dreams. She knows that it is because of him she has this gift, but why? Why her? She wonders if he has given anyone else this ability, like Harry. She would ask, but she has never told anyone about it, in fear of their reaction, or lack of.

‘It doesn’t matter anyway.’ She tells herself. ‘It’s just knowing a bit more than most people for a little while, no one would really care.’

She didn’t know how wrong she was.

* * * * *

Ginny awoke to loud screaming; someone was in pain, being tortured, the sound was horrible. It took her seconds to realize the noise was coming from her mouth, which immediately snapped shut. Her nightgown stuck to her from sweat, and she was shaking slightly.

"Goddamn nightmares" She muttered before rising out of the sagging bed, and tiptoeing out the door.

The floor of Number 12, Grimmauld Place was shockingly cold, and it spread from her toes to her legs as she made her way to the bathroom door adjacent to her room. Once inside, she splashed warm water onto her face, slowly awakening her from her groggy state.

She tilted her head to glance at the tired face staring back at her. Chocolate brown eyes, bright red hair, and the light dusting of freckles on her nose just shouted Weasley. She would give anything to be somebody else right now, however.

This wasn’t the first time she had been abruptly woken up in the middle of the night screaming, and it certainly wouldn’t be the last. She was very grateful of the silencing charms placed on her room by her brothers Fred and George; they had gladly complied when she asked them, hoping she was using it to help with their joke shop.

But the thing that bothered her most right now was the dream she had been having before she’d been forced to consciousness. Her eyes drifted closed as she tried hard to recall the exact details of this particular nighttime vision.

It had been late at night in a muggle suburban town, and all of the houses were neat and well kept. But there was something horribly wrong; Death Eaters, In black cloaks and white masks, swarmed the houses, casting spell after spell at the terrified families. There was screaming, people running, falling, and crying.

Ginny’s dream seemed to be following a pair of Death Eaters that had broken into a small blue house through the back door, and were currently charging through it, destroying everything that crossed their paths. One of the Death Eaters slammed open the door to a bedroom to find a teenage girl with a wand raised standing in front of a middle aged couple. The Death Eater moved forward and raised his wand to stun the girl, when her eyes met his.

Ginny’s eyes snapped open. Her face had gone pale, her eyes were unnaturally round.

"Hermione," She breathed. The girl in her dream had been Hermione. She had gone home for the summer to spend time with her family, and as far as Ginny knew, she was still there.

Her mind was made up, she needed to tell someone, Hermione needed to come to Grimmauld Place. Ginny immediately headed upstairs to Harry and Ron’s room. She opened the door quietly, and looked inside, squinting to see two sleeping figures occupying the room.

"Harry...Ron...Wake up...." She poked their motionless forms. They shifted a bit, and Harry even asked "wha...?" Before Ginny had to repeat the process. Once they were both conscious, Ginny cleared her throat.

"Okay, neither of you are probably going to believe me, but I can see the future in my dreams. I’ve been able to for the past two months, and a few minutes ago I had a dream that a group of Death Eaters attacked Hermione and her family at her home."

A stunned silence followed this announcement, and Ron shifted uncomfortably on his bed. He glanced at Harry, who had a thoughtful expression on his face.

"Right, well, are you sure this was a vision, or just an ordinary dream?" asked Ron with a frown. Ginny sighed angrily.

"Ron! I wouldn’t lie about something like this! Hermione is not safe, and we need to get her back here!" Her cheeks had a pink tinge to them, and she was clearly frustrated.

"I believe you, Ginny." Harry said calmly. Ginny felt somewhat relieved to hear those words, she had spent so long convincing herself that everyone would think she’s crazy.

"Thanks Harry, but we really need to help Hermione!" She cried desperately.

Realization seemed to dawn on Ron’s face as he suddenly jumped up and yelled

"What are we waiting for?" and even grabbed his wand before Ginny put a hand on his shoulder and eased him back into a sitting position.

"Relax, Ron," She said, slightly alarmed. "My visions don’t usually actually happen until a week or so later. We don’t have much time, but we don’t need to go rescue team on her." Ron sighed submissively, and exchanged a look with Harry, and they both nodded.

"Let’s just hope someone is awake at this time of night." Muttered Harry with a worn look on his face.

Harry abruptly stood up and exited the room, with Ron following behind. Ginny had to jog to catch up with them, they were moving at a fast pace. They made their way downstairs to the basement kitchen where they found Remus Lupin and Kingsley Shacklebolt sitting at the eating table. Harry cleared his throat, and their attention snapped to the three teenagers in front of them.

"Professor Lupin, we need to get Hermione here as soon as possible, her life may be in danger." Harry said without hesitation. Ginny was surprised, Harry usually dove head first into things without any clue as to what or how. It seemed as if she wasn’t the only one affected by the death of Sirius; Harry seemed to have lost some of his rashness in rescuing people.

Lupin look slightly confused and he glanced between the three of them. Sensing the seriousness, and their lack of warmth, he knew this was no joke. He coughed and ran a hand through his hair, his exhaustion evident in his motions.

"She will be summoned here immediately." Lupin said with ease. The war seemed to be taking it’s toll on him; the bags under his eyes and lines on his face were now more pronounced than ever. Harry held up his hand.

"And her parents too." He added simply. Ginny nodded in acceptance to this whole exchange, and began to think maybe she would get out of this with no one else having to know about her ability. At least Hermione would be safe, and that was what mattered.

"Oh, and Harry," Lupin called as they began to walk out of the kitchen, "How did you come about the information that Hermione may be in trouble?"

A smile pulled at the corner of Harry’s mouth and he winked at Ginny.

"A little birdie told me."



A/N: So, what say you? Good? Bad? Terrible? Not worthy to be used as toilet paper? Tell me about it in REVIEWS! Now, some questions you may be having will DEFINITELY be answered in the next few chapters, so don’t worry.
Leave a Review