A/N: Second Chapter, be afraid, be VERY afraid...lol Just kidding.


"Broken Memories"



The next day Hermione arrived at Number 12 Grimmauld place, with her nervous looking parents trailing behind her. To say they were shocked at their surroundings would be an understatement; they were gazing open mouthed at everything that came across their line of vision. Ginny was very friendly when she spoke to them, and they seemed to like her more than anyone else they’d been introduced to.

Hermione was ecstatic when she first saw Ginny; attacking her with hugs and bushy hair. It wasn’t until Hermione whispered into her ear "Thank you, Ginny," Did she realize someone squealed. Not that she minded Hermione knowing about her gift, she just hated knowing that people were talking about her behind her back.

A few days after Hermione’s return to Grimmauld Place, everyone was packing and preparing for the return to Hogwarts. Ginny was excited about going back, she loved the feeling of excitement and mystery that seemed to capture her every time she would think of the magnificent castle.

Growing up in a small cramped house seemed to make her more drawn to big open spaces, with plenty of room to herself, but not quite isolated. When her brothers would leave for Hogwarts in previous years she could remember gazing at the train dreamily. She would imagine what it must be like to be off on your own, away from parents and definite safety. In her first year, however, she would have given quite a lot to have definite safety.

She shuddered as she remembered the incident with the Chamber. She hated thinking about Tom’s handsome face and soothing, comforting voice. She had trusted him, and being the naive 11 year-old she was, she had loved him. She still had nightmares from time to time, showing her broken memories of feathers and blood, and of course, that blasted diary.

But, that was in the past, and the past was a place Ginny did not like to dwell. So, she packed her trunk, and a gleam of gold caught her eye. She looked over at Hermione’s bed, which was located right next to her own. On the worn comforter lay Hermione’s Gryffindor Prefect Badge, shining impressively. Ginny sighed, she had not been made a prefect this year, and she was somewhat disappointed. A new broom was something she really wanted right about now...

"Hey, Gin." Said a voice from her doorway. She started and looked around. Fred and George were leaning against the threshold, looking extremely smug.

Ginny ran up to them and hugged them excitedly. She then pulled back and scowled, and her hand met the side of Fred’s face, then George’s.

"Fred and George Weasley, you haven’t been to see me in FOUR weeks. I’ll have you know that the train for Hogwarts leaves tomorrow, and then I won’t be seeing you for MONTHS! I feel neglected, and I shall be emotionally scarred for LIFE!" She tossed her hair back and put a hand to her face, mocking drying tears.

Fred and George looked quite stunned that she had slapped them, but catching her playful tone they immediately faked sorry. George put a hand to his heart and Fred pretended to faint.

"Well, I guess we have no use for these then, we were going to give them to a certain red haired vixen, but now it seems she would rather bludgeon us then accept our apologies."

Ginny gasped as he conjured a pile of brand new Hogwarts robes that looked as if they would fit Ginny perfectly. George laughed at Ginny’s dumbfounded expression.

"We’re very sorry, but business has been taking up quite a bit of our time, so we thought we’d make up it up to you with a slight wardrobe change."

Ginny squeaked. She was in complete shock at the thought of having robes that were not previously owned by an adolescent boy.

"Slight? How many did you buy?" She said, noticing the size of the pile. Fred chuckled.

"Enough. So here you are, dearest sister. Enjoy." He then threw the robes on to her bed.

"Thank you so much!" Ginny exclaimed, giving them both bone cracking hugs.

"Just remember," George said suddenly, in a pleasant voice, "You get involved with any boys, we’ll snap their necks and make you dress as a nun for the rest of your life."

Ginny looked at them incredulously.

"You could do that?" She asked, very much alarmed. Fred twirled his wand and smirked, giving her the obvious answer.

"You have some packing to do." George said before Fred and him exited her room.

Ginny sighed and began looking over the new pile of clothes that had overtaken her bed. She was grinning like a madwoman, this year was starting out to be the best so far. Never before had she owned brand new robes custom made to fit her.

She quickly packed her things then made her way downstairs for dinner. In the kitchen she found her mum and the golden trio preparing tonight’s meal. Ron coughed when she entered the room, and Hermione’s and Harry’s heads snapped up. They dropped what they were doing and made a beeline for her.

"Ginny, guess what," Ron said excitedly. "They caught a load of Death Eaters last night that were raiding a muggle town. Someone must have tipped off the aurors, because not a single muggle was harmed." He winked at her and beamed.

Ginny smiled unsurely and nodded, trying not to be upset that it seemed like everyone was beginning to find out about her gift. At least noone thought she was crazy or lying, but she still didn’t want it to be like the end of her first year when everyone was worrying about her.

The trouble with Ginny was that no one had ever really noticed her, and that was why it was so easy for Tom in her first year. Her family and friends really were very stupid, if they would have opened their eyes for a second they would have seen that she was suffering, and that something was very wrong.

Ginny eyed Harry jealously; everyone notices when he’s being a pissy little brat. They all notice when he wakes up in the middle of the night screaming, but no one hears her yells, or sees her bruises. She glared at the table angrily. Even now, when they know something is going on, they ignore it. She couldn’t wait to be free of them at Hogwarts; she would make new friends and go on her own adventures, and deal with her own problems.

"Ginny?" Her mother’s voice filled her ears, and she realized they were alone in the kitchen. Molly was gazing at her with overly bright eyes, concern etched on her face.

"Ginny dear, I’m going to miss you a lot this year, and I just want you to know that I’m proud of you, and I can’t believe how much you’ve grown." Ginny inwardly rolled her eyes. Oh great. It looks like Mum knows too. She forced a cheerful smile onto her face.

"Thanks, mum."

* * * * *

The journey to platform 9 3/4 was easier than last year’s, this year they were able to borrow ministry cars with dad being back on friendly terms with Fudge. Percy had also come around; over the summer he apologized profusely to the family, saying he knew in his heart they were right all along.

At the station Ginny kissed her parents good bye and hurried on to the train to try and find a compartment to herself. On her way she ran into Harry, and he insisted they find one together. They found the second to last compartment empty, so they remained there for the majority of the train ride.

Ginny and Harry talked about mostly Quidditch and school, it was obvious she was still not worthy enough to talk about more important things. When Ron and Hermione finally came Ginny was grateful. She was finding it incredibly boring to be sitting next to The-Boy-Who-Lived, her infamous crush on him seemed to have faded.

The arrival of Ron and Hermione meant she was no longer obliged to stay in that particular compartment, so she left to cruise the train. On her walk she met several friends from last year, and even the evil git himself, Draco Malfoy. She glared at him when he walked by her, and those cold gray eyes were the same as the ones she had seen through a Death Eater’s mask just two months ago. She shivered at the memory of being grabbed and almost tortured, and Malfoy must have seen her tremor because he gave her his trademark smirk.

Ginny rolled her eyes and kept walking, but soon returned to the compartment with her brother and his friends occupying it. When the trained slowed she was able to see Hogwarts castle silhouetted against the black velvet sky, and she felt her heart soar. She was genuinely happy to be back.

The return feast was pretty uneventful, Ginny sat with her two closest friends from last year, Sierra Cougan and Casie Ford. Sierra’s platinum blonde hair and tall figure made her look like a Beauty Contest regular, While Casie was shorter with longer dirty blonde hair that made her look like the sporty type. They were both chattering blondes, and both got along great with Ginny.

When they got to the common room, Harry walked up to Ginny shyly, and asked if he could talk to her in private. Sierra oohed and Casie catcalled before Ginny hissed at them to shut up. Harry led her to a quiet corner and cleared his throat.

"This year, there’s this new class, it’s gonna be pretty small, but I was wondering if you’d want to go to it with me. It’s for, well, er, people with, um, psychics. It’s supposed to help you with your, er, power." Harry said nervously.

Ginny was surprised, she didn’t know what to expect when he pulled her into this corner, but this was definitely not something she could’ve guessed.

"Um, yeah, if it’s not too much work. I have O.W.L.s this year, so it can’t take up too much of my time." Ginny was curious about this class, what could it possibly offer? And Harry was right, it was going to be a small class. How many psychics could there possibly be at Hogwarts?

"Well, there’s a notice for it on the bulletin board, they’re having a meeting this Friday, and I guess they’ll explain more then. Will you go to the meeting with me? Only people that have the gift are allowed, so I can’t ask Ron or Hermione." He asked, giving Ginny an innocent smile. She smiled back and decided to go.

"Sure, I’ll go." she said indifferently. Harry seemed to perk up.

"Great, well, it’s Friday, at 6:00, so I’ll wait for you in the common room." He said happily, then strode back over to Ron and Hermione.

When Ginny returned to where Casie and Sierra were attempting to spy on her, they giggled and started bombarding her with questions.

"What did he say?"

"Did he ask you out?"

"Are you going out with him?"

"Did you guys break up?"

"Ginny, oh my god, are you pregnant?"

"Is it a boy or girl?"

Ginny yelped and told them to hush.

"No! You guys are crazy, he just asked me if I would go to this meeting with him on Friday, that’s all." She was very taken aback by their odd questions, and they seemed taken aback by her answer.

"A meeting for what?" Sierra asked.

"It’s like for a special class." Ginny said. Casie brightened and smirked.

"A class for pregnant couples. Because you’re pregnant, aren’t you?" She asked. Ginny look horrified and look down at her stomach.

"No! I’m not pregnant, do I look like it?" She asked frantically. Casie laughed and shook her head.

"You know I’m just kidding Ginny. Now about this class..." Casie began. Ginny held up her hand.

"I’m going to bed." She declared wearily. She collapsed onto her bed and felt her exhaustion take her over. It had been a tiring day.



A/N: third chapter is coming up, and it will feature more D/G action, don’t worry.
Leave a Review