A/N: Well, anyone who likes seeing a frustrated and suffering Draco Malfoy will love this chapter.



"Trials And The Poltergeist"






Ginny swore loudly. It was her first Parapsychology class and she was already ten minutes late to it. She could only pray that Ms. Kealoha doesn’t give harsh punishments.

Surprisingly, Ginny wasn’t so much upset at being punished for tardiness as she was at the idea of missing any important information. Parapsychology looked to be a very interesting class, and she didn’t want to end up lost in the subject.

She skidded to a halt outside of the classroom, and stopped for a few seconds to catch her breath. After maintaining normal breathing, she promptly opened the door and strode in, trying to look as dignified as she could with frizzy hair and flushed cheeks.

"Ms. Weasley, thank you for joining us. I trust the traffic was terrible?" Those who understood Ms. Kealoha’s muggle joke giggled but quickly fell silent.

"I’m sorry Ms. Kealoha, I’ve been very busy, and I forgot class was today." Ginny said nervously.

Ms. Kealoha just gave her usual cheery smile and waved and hand.

"No need to apologize Ms. Weasley, anyone can make mistakes. That is one thing we are very forgiving of in this class, because in parapsychology a lot of mistakes are made."

Ginny brightened slightly and took a seat next to Harry, who gave Ginny a thankful smile for showing up to the class. The same people from the meeting were in the class, along with a very bored looking Draco Malfoy. He glanced up at Ginny and smirked, clearly the memory of their previous meeting was still fresh in his mind.

Ginny blushed horribly when she remembered he had seen her thong through her pants. She didn’t know why, but every time Malfoy laughed at her she seemed more embarrassed and ashamed than usual. It was almost as if she was seeking his approval, ‘but that couldn’t be it.’ She assured herself.

Ms. Kealoha suddenly stood from her desk and faced the class. She pulled out her wand and waved it, causing the ‘Welcome To Parapsychology" banner to return to the blackboard.

"Well class, this is it, our very first lesson. We shall start by investigating our fellow psychics, and finding out what powers you posses. Before we start, are there any questions?"

Everyone was silent; it was clear that everyone was eager to get started and learn about their abilities. Seeing no raised hands, Ms. Kealoha called Lavender Brown over to her desk.

"Now Ms. Brown, do not be nervous, I would like you to please tell me your psychic ability. Do not worry about getting the correct wording for your ability; as your describe your experiences I shall be able to tell you what kind of gift you posses."

Lavender, for the first time Ginny could remember, suddenly looked nervous. She was glancing back at Parvati and wringing her hands.

"Um, well, I am a Seer." She said as proudly as she could muster. Ms. Kealoha eyed Lavender carefully, and frowned.

"Is that so? Can you please give me an example of when you’ve correctly predicted the future?" She asked.

Lavender was starting to sweat, but perked up suddenly.

"Professor Trelawney can tell you about all the things I’ve seen crystal gazing, Parvati as well, right?" She asked, frantically glancing back a Parvati. Ms. Kealoha nodded and told Lavender to take a seat.

"Mr. Malfoy, you’re next." Malfoy stood and walked to the front of the room, scowling slightly.

"I can communicate with spirits, and I have spoken to several deceased persons, some I knew while alive, and some in passing." He said dully.

Ms. Kealoha brightened and looked very interested.

"Can you communicate with these spirits without going into a trance-like state?" She asked eagerly. Malfoy seemed amused by her interest and answered uncaringly.

"Yes, I don’t believe I’ve ever gone into a trance."

"Well, Mr. Malfoy, it seems by what you’ve described that you are a Clairvoyant Medium. Congratulations, I myself am a Clairvoyant Medium, therefore I will be able to help you quite a bit. Ms. Patil, you are next."

Parvati hastily explained that she possesses the same ability as Lavender, and that Professor Trelawney can vouch for them any day. These answers seemed to annoy Ms. Kealoha somewhat, for every time they mentioned Professor Trelawney her eyes would narrow.

"Very well, Mr. Potter, do you care to share with us your ability?"

Harry stood and glanced at Ginny. She gave him an encouraging smile and he answered firmly.

"Well, in my dreams I sometimes get visions of things happening at present time. These visions," Harry paused and gave Malfoy a wary glare. "Have a connection to You-Know-Who."

Ms. Keahola nodded in understanding.

"Mr. Potter, the Headmaster and I discussed your gift, and you seem to have a rare form of Telepathy. You also have paranormal dreams connected to your telepathy, which provides you with visions that occur as they are seen."

It was clear that she had said nothing profound to Harry, for he simply sat down and frowned. Ms. Kealoha gave him a strange look before asking expectantly.

"Mr. Potter? Your example, please, of your psychic ability?"

Harry started and looked down shyly.

"I’d rather not, if that’s alright with you." He said unsurely. Next to Ginny, Malfoy gave a mocking laugh.

"No, it is not alright with me." Ms Kealoha suddenly stood and her voice became much more determined.

"Now class, one main expectation of this course is that we all are able to communicate freely with each other. If we have all of our emotions out in the atmosphere, it will be much easier and successful when we partake in Trials that will test our psychic abilities. Be warned; we may be using each other as test subjects, so absolute trust is necessary. That being said, Mr. Potter, please continue with sharing an example of a time when you experienced Telepathy or Paranormal dreams."

Ms. Kealoha sat down in a huff, she was clearly expecting everyone to be comfortable enough to share any thought that might cross their minds.

Harry looked once again nervous, but continued with his example hastily.

"Yesterday the scar on my head hurt badly and I felt a twinge of anger not related to the task I was partaking in at the time, which was using the loo."

Everyone burst out laughing, even Ms. Kealoha looked amused, and Harry blushed significantly.

"Very well Mr. Potter." She said happily. "Ms. Trenten, it’s your turn."

The young Hufflepuff, whose name Ginny had heard was Stephanie, thought for a second, then answered cautiously.

"I can speak Arabic, but I’ve never heard anyone speak it or say any Arabic words before."

Ms. Kealoha’s eyes went wide with interest.

"Do you speak it fluently? Do you understand what you’re saying?" She asked eagerly.

"Well, yes, Though sometimes I can’t speak it, but then other times I’ll have entire conversations with people who have no idea what I’m saying, but I know what I’m saying."

Ginny was shocked. How in the world is it possible to speak in a language fluently that you haven’t learned? She felt a small stab of jealousy; Stephanie’s gift seemed much more interesting than her own.

"Wow. This, this is amazing. My dear girl, I am not entirely sure, but you may have Responsive Xenoglossy. This is very rare, there have only been a handful of people who have experienced Xenoglossy, and Responsive Xenoglossy is even rarer. Please, can you speak the language now?"

Stephanie concentrated for a moment, but then shook her head.

"I’m sorry, I can’t right now. But I can get a note from my parents or friends if you want a witness."

Ms. Kealoha looked slightly disappointed, but eyed Stephanie closely.

"No, it is clear to me that you truly posses this gift. Ms. Weasley, you’re the last one. Share with us your gift."

Ginny was nervous, but was relieved to know that she wouldn’t be treated as a liar or a freak. She cleared her throat unsurely and stood.

"I can see the future in my dreams." She said bluntly. "I once dreamed that I came down with the flu, and about a week later it happened."

Ginny had used one of her very first visions as an example, though it seemed quite coincidental, it had been very intriguing to Ginny at the time. Ms. Kealoha looked Ginny in the eye, and seemed to be searching her.

"How often how does this happen?" Ms. Kealoha asked.

"About three times a month." Ginny estimated. Ms. Kealoha pondered this for a moment, before speaking.

"You definitely have Paranormal Dreams, more like precognitions. Very interesting. Well, students, now that you have a vague idea of the classification of your abilities, we shall follow up by learning about them."

Ms. Kealoha then waved her wand and a large leather bound book appeared in front of each of them. The cover read "An Introduction to Parapsychology".

"We shall start by learning exactly what parapsychology is. Please turn to page three and read the introduction, when you are finished close your book. When we have all completed reading the chapter we will discuss it, so that you understand everything being read."

Fifteen minutes later, Ginny closed her book and contemplated what she had just read. It had been incredibly interesting, but some parts were very hard to understand. She had to give the author credit; the book was very well-written, and it left Ginny with a thirst to read more.

When everyone had finished reading, Ms. Kealoha stood and proceeded with explaining the concept of Parapsychology. She explained that parapsychology is quite rare, and it was surprising that any students at all showed up to this class. She also told of the different kinds of parapsychology, Mental phenomena and physical phenomena.

When she finished, everyone was free to ask questions. Parvati raised her hand and Ms. Kealoha promptly called on her.

"Ms. Kealoha, where did you learn about parapsychology, and when did you first discover your powers?"

Ms. Kealoha smiled and seemed very pleased with this question.

"Well, when I was very young, only a child of four, I was aware of other’s thoughts and feelings; my telepathy was starting to develop. My other abilities developed gradually as well, so I spoke to a known spiritualist that lived near by, and he helped me understand my abilities. When I grew older, I took classes that taught me even more about parapsychology, so know you could say I’m an expert."

Parvati raised her hand again.

"Where did you live?" she asked.

"I grew up on the Island of Kauai, Hawaii, which is a state in America. Kauai is a very spiritual place, and many go there to find peace within themselves. I’ve found that growing up there was very helpful to me, for it helped me polish my psychic skills to the point where I can use them in various ways, and on very high levels. Now, enough about me, class is almost over, so I shall assign you your homework. Read up on your own psychic ability by using these books, if you look in the table of contents or the index you should find what you need. I will soon be giving you books dedicated entirely to your own field of parapsychology, but for now just read the pages describing them. That is all, class dismissed."

Ginny stood to leave, and found herself face to face with Malfoy. She noticed a long gash on the side of his face that looked quite painful, and felt concern burning inside her.

"Would you mind moving, Weasley." He spat harshly. Any concern she had suddenly felt for him disappeared in a flash.

"Sure, Malfoy, but what’s that on your face?" She asked innocently. He scowled.

"None of your business, now will you please move?" He snarled.

Ginny stepped aside, and Malfoy swept past her looking throughly irritated. She shook her head in annoyance and exited after him.


* * * * * *



Draco Malfoy was angry. No, that would be an understatement. He was furious. Ever since last night, he was being haunted by a very unhappy and downright violent spirit. He didn’t know what he had done to merit this spirit’s wrath, but whatever it was, it had pissed this ghost off.

Every now and then. Draco would meet a spirit that had not been the nicest person, and continued to be so after death, and was therefore troublesome and annoying to Draco. But the spirit would always go away, never would they torment him as this one would.

This ghost was odd, it reminded him much of Peeves, as it seemed bent on scaring him and causing him pain. Last night, when Draco first realized its presence, it sent one of Draco’s prized silver miniature serpent statues flying at him from across the room. It had hit Draco in the face, and gave him a nasty gash along his cheek.

The Weasley girl noticed this fact today in class, he remembered. Kindness and concern shone in her eyes when she spotted the mark, but upon hearing Draco’s nasty remarks, she quickly turned cold and uncaring.

But why did that fact matter so much to him? Lately his attention seemed drawn to her; there was a mystery about her that he wanted so badly to solve. And the fact that she had shown concern at his injury, despite all the times he’d taunted her along with her family, confused Draco to no end.

‘Probably trying to be noble, with all that Gryffindor pride." He thought to himself bitterly.

He turned his attention to the parapsychology book lying on the floor of his room. He decided to do his assigned reading, but before he could reach the book lying innocently on the ground, it was suddenly hurled towards his stomach.

It was with seeker reflexes he dodged the flying book; Draco ended up a few feet from where he had been previously standing, his face inches from the floor.

"Damn it, what is your problem?" He shouted to his empty room. The response he was met with was quite unnerving; a loud, maniacal laughter filled his head, making him question his own sanity.

"Just leave me alone, alright?" He yelled nervously.

He made another attempt at picking up his parapsychology book, and was thankfully successful. He then proceeded to reading the chapter on Mediums. His eyes scanned over the definition of a Medium, ‘A person believed to act as an intermediary between discarnate entities and the living.’ Well, that’s interesting enough. He then read through the rest of the chapter, when a passage at the end caught his attention.

‘Many physical mediums experience poltergeist activity in their childhood. Poltergeist is a German word meaning "noisy or troublesome spirit". Poltergeist activity may include unexplained noises, movements of objects, outbreaks of fire, floods, pricks or scratches to a person's body. Unlike hauntings, which are associated with specific locations, poltergeists typically focus on a person (the focal person or poltergeist agent) who is often a young child or adolescent.’

Draco was shocked. So, this ‘thing’ haunting him is a poltergeist? ‘Well, that’s wonderful,’ he thought to himself. He scanned the paragraph again, searching for a way to get rid of them, but found nothing. He then checked the index and Table of contents, but still came up with nothing.

Frustrated, Draco slammed the book closed and decided to call it a night. After changing into his silk pajamas, he slid under the blankets of his soft bed and closed his eyes.

THUMP!

Draco started and looked around. Something, (and Draco had a very good idea as to what) had just slammed his bathroom door shut. Deciding to ignore, he rested his head back down on his pillow.

Not thirty seconds later Draco began to hear an eyrie chime-like noise. Moments later a fire started up with a whoosh in his fireplace. Draco groaned in frustration and shouted to the night.

"Look, I know you don’t like me, but can you PLEASE leave me alone and let me get some sleep?" Draco was met with silence and an extinguished fire. Sighing with relief, he attempted once again to fall back asleep.

At around one a.m., Draco was startled out of a peaceful sleep by loud notes being played on a cello. His eyes widened in frustrated disbelief and he buried his head under his pillow; trying to drown out the aggravating noise.

Upon covering his head, the music only seemed to get louder, and Draco began to hum to himself; trying very hard to ignore the loud, jarring notes, which were very off-key. Cold air swarmed him as an unknown force violently ripped the blankets from his unmoving form.

Letting out a roar, he leapt to his feet and stood in the middle of his damnably cold floor.

"Bloody hell! Will you shut up?" He screamed, his body shaking with fury.

The poltergeist responded with increasing the volume of the cello, and adding in what sounded like a broken trumpet. Draco groaned in defeat, and grabbed a pillow off his bed. He stomped out of his room, determinedly ignoring his blanket, which was currently trying to strangle him.

He turned at the threshold of his doorway and lifted his hand to flip-off the bloody spirit, when the door slammed in his face.

"Fuck you too," Draco muttered, thoroughly pissed off and exhausted.

He went down to his deserted common room where he laid down on the most comfortable looking couch, using a green afghan as his new blanket. He settled in for a relaxing night’s sleep; ignoring being poked in the ribs by an invisible force every few minutes.



* * * * * *

"Wow, Draco you look like hell." Said Pansy Parkinson’s amused voice.

He did indeed look like hell, with his hair sticking up in odd places, and purple bags decorating the area below his eyes. The sliver gray of his eyes where now decorated with red, and he gave the distinct impression of someone who had slept in a closet.

"I hate cellos." He said in a hollow voice.

Pansy chose not to comment, and she turned her attention instead to the bowl of hot porridge in front of her.





A/N: Ok, just to let you all know, not reviewing stories after reading them is illegal in like 48 states, except for Alaska, and some other northern state, so if you live there it’s ok that you don’t review my story, but if you don’t live there and you refuse to review, the Reviewing section of the FBI will be at your door, shooting you in the head. COME ON PEOPLE, please review, and thanks to all those who did review.
Leave a Review