Hey now, all you sinners
Put your lights on, put your lights on
Hey now, all you lovers
Put your lights on, put your lights on
Hey now, all you killers
Put your lights on, put your lights on


Draco stared into the night, his mind searching for something. He needed comfort. He needed something bigger than himself, something to keep his warring thoughts at bay.

Hey now, all you children
Leave your lights on, you better leave your lights on
Cause there's a monster living under my bed
Whispering in my ear


Draco could almost hear his father’s voice, scraping in a raw fashion through his soul. He wanted to spit out the awful taste in his mouth. He couldn’t believe that he was even contemplating this. Couldn't beleive that he was thinking of hurting these people, anyone for that matter. But he was scared, scared of his father.

There's an angel, with a hand on my head
She say I've got nothing to fear


Then he remembered her. And he felt the warmth spread back within his limbs, he wasn’t alone, he didn’t have to go through with this, he didn’t have to hurt anyone.

There's a darkness living deep in my soul

But his fears returned within minutes. What if she didn’t want him? What if she only comforted him out of pity?

I still got a purpose to serve

Of course she loved him. Wanted him, at the very least. Noone would hang around him unless that was true. He was such a hopeless case. His eyes welled up, blurring the darkness of his room, and he could feel his heart go out to the red head who was probably fast asleep at present, without a care in the world. He wanted to shake her, shout at her. He wanted her to be here. It wasn't fair that he had to be alone. He hated it. The tears were threatening to overflow.

So let your light shine, deep into my home
God, don't let me lose my nerve
Lose my nerve
Hey now, all you sinners
Put your lights on, put your lights on
Hey now, all you children
Leave your lights on, you better leave your lights on
Because there's a monster living under my bed
Whispering in my ear


He let them fall, remembering his father’s claims at his worthlessness. He hated the man, hated all he had done to him.

There's an angel, with a hand on my head
She say's I've got nothing to fear


And once again, his mind drifted back. Ginny… His salvation.

We all shine like stars
We all shine like stars


He got up quickly, running to the fireplace, where he lit it's smouldering embers back to life. The light made him feel safer.
And so it was, that a happy Draco drifted off to sleep, his red-headed angel guarding his dreams from fear. His mouth twitched into a light smile, and his fear dissapparated.

He should have known that his peace was not to last, but he would cherish ther memory of it on the long road to come.

Then we fade away…
To Be Continued.
Dex is the author of 2 other stories.

Leave a Review