Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot and other things you don’t recognize!

Summary: According to Ministry Laws a blind witch or wizard should never live alone. When Draco becomes blind because of an accident and a Nurse comes to live with him, will love blossom? Or will Chaos ensue.

Love Is Blind

Prologue

Love is blind and it takes over your mind
What you think is love, is really not
You need to elevate and find
Love is blind – Eve


Ginevra Molly Weasley trotted into the Head Nurse’s office at St. Mungo’s Hospital.

“Good afternoon, Ginny. Please, have a seat.” Ginny took a seat opposite of the Head Nurse, “How are you?”

“I’m good, and you?”

“Fine,” The Head Nurse smiled at her before continuing, “You like your job, don’t you, Ginny?”

“Yes, very much,” Ginny said, thoughts scrambling around in her head, ‘Am I being fired? Am I getting a raise? A pay cut?’

“Which part of your job do you enjoy most, being a nurse, or working here at St. Mungo’s?”

“Well…I enjoy working here at St. Mungo’s, but I would work anywhere was long as I could do what I love, helping people.”

The Head Nurse smiled, “That’s great, because you’re being reassigned.”

Ginny’s jaw dropped, “W-what? Reassigned! Where!?”

“A young man owled a couple of weeks ago saying he needed a nurse at home. He lives on the outskirts of Surrey.”

“He needs a nurse at home? What for?” Ginny questioned.

“He’s blind, you see. And he can’t live in a house by himself with house elve’s to take care of him.”

“Not only would I be working in Surrey but I have to live with him!?” Ginny asked, skeptical.

“Yes and you would be able to see your family on weekends.” Ginny sat back in the chair and considered it for a minute, “Did I mention the pay is 550 galleons a month?”

Ginny’s eyes almost popped out of their sockets, “550 galleons a month!”

“You’re taking the job, then?”

“Bloody hell! Pack my nurse’s uniform, all I need to know is when I leave!”

The Head Nurse chuckled, “You can start as soon as Monday. Information on the man can be found on these papers along with his address.”

Ginny stood from the chair, took the papers, and put them in her messenger bag, “Thank you, so much! I better go tell my family the news. Ciao!” And with that she apperated to The Burrow.

Ginny appeared in the living room of The Burrow seconds later. “Mum? Dad? Are you home?”

“I’m in the kitchen, Gin.”

“As usual,” she muttered to herself. She made her way into the kitchen, “Hullo, Mum.” She said as she gave her mother a hug.

“Hey, Gin. What brings you by at this hour? Shouldn’t you be at work?”

Ginny took a seat on a stool by the counter, “I got reassigned.”

“Oh, dear! That’s terrible!”
Ginny shook her head, “Not really, the pay will be great. 1,000 galleons a month mum!”

Molly put the knife she was cutting carrots with and wiped her hands off on her apron, “Where will you be working?”

“On the outskirts of Surrey, at a man’s house.”

Her mother glared at her, “A mans house? Do you even know this mans name?”

“Well…” Ginny started, “I’ve got paper work on him in my bag.” She took the bag off of her shoulder and sat it on the table. She opened it up and took out the papers. When she first took a glance at the paper she wished she hadn’t.

“What’s the matter, Gin?” Her mother asked at the look in her eyes.

“See for yourself.” She handed her mother the papers.

“Draco Malfoy!? Absolutely not!”

“Mum, he’s blind. What’s the worst thing he could do to me?”

“Being blind doesn’t change anything about a person, Virginia!”

“I’m twenty-four years old, mum. It’s not like you can forbid me to work there.” Ginny said crossing her arms over her chest.

“As your mother, I don’t care how old you are, I can tell you what to do.”

“You can tell me what to do, but you can’t tell me how to live my life, mother.” Ginny got off of the stool and walked towards her mother, “I’ll always be your little girl, but I have to grow up sometime, and if you didn’t notice…I did so a very long time ago.”

Molly ran a hand down the side of her face, “I know, Gin-bug…but it’s not safe.”

“How about I see how it is for a week, and then if I don’t like it, I’ll quit.”

Molly seemed to be thinking it over, “Alright, but if you need anything, you apparate here, alright?”

Ginny nodded and hugged her mother, “You wouldn’t mind telling the others, would you?”

Molly shook her head, “Of course not, when do you start work?”

“Monday.”

“It’s Saturday! I suggest you go to your flat and start packing!”

“I will do!” Ginny grabbed her messenger bag, kissed her mum on the cheek and apperated to her flat.

Hybrid Sparrow


Hello, there! If some of you recognize this fic, it’s because it’s from FF.net and PK.org so, I’m not stealing it or anything, it’s mine mine mine! This is short, because it’s just the prologue, no worries; I’ll have the next chapter up soon.


Hybrid Sparrow
To Be Continued.
Hybrid Sparrow is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Love Is Blind also liked 331 other stories.
Leave a Review