Disclaimer: Don’t own HP, don’t sue me!

Summary: There’s always a reason for love, even if it’s not a predictable occurrence. True love will last forever. One-shot…fluff…D/G,
R/Hr...

Always a Reason


Draco Malfoy was very annoyed.

He hated music, especially Muggle music; yet, there he was in a place surrounded by them and their stupid music. There was frustration in every fiber of his being at that moment. Frustration, along with a sudden manic urge to destroy that little black box they called a “stereo system” which, apparently, was the cause of all that infernal racket.

A slender figure with long, silky flaming red hair approached him with her hands on her hips. She was wearing a long white off-shoulder dress with a wreath of baby’s breath in her hair. She looked like
an angel. No, a goddess...his goddess.

"Ginevra,” he drawled lazily.

She shot him a glare and made a cute little pout. “Don’t ‘Ginevra’ me, Draco! You know how I hate that name!”

Her glare intensified when he smirked. “But, Darling, ‘tis such a lovely name. You don’t want me to call you ‘Weaslette’ again, do you?”

“Ugh!” she threw her hands up in the air in submission.

“Fine, it sounds better when you say it anyway."

“So,” his arms snaked around her waist. “Does that mean I get exclusive permission to call you Ginevra, hm?”

“Don’t be a prick! Sometimes I wonder why I married you…”

“Let me see, besides my looks, my wealth, my abilities in bed, I don’t see any reason to regret marrying me…plus I love you.”

She smiled. “I love you too, but not when you’re a git. Anyway,let’s dance.”

“Dance?"

"Yes, dance; a series of patterned bodily movements usually performed to music. Now that you know the definition, let’s get to it.”

"I don’t want to. No, I refuse to.”

“Why not?”

“Number one, this is a Weasley-Granger wedding. I will not serve as live entertainment. Second, I don’t dance to Muggle music.”

“You are so paranoid. You are not going to be the entertainment. That’s what the band’s for. And besides, the only entertainment you will give is to me and me alone.”

“My, fiery aren’t we? Still not dancing.”

“Please?"

“Nope.”

“Pretty please?”

“No way…”

“You’ve danced with me before…”

“That was different. That was private. This is public. Catch
my drift?”

“Come on, Draco! Just one dance, please?” she then winked and purred. “Then maybe after we can do something a little more private…if you catch my drift…”

“You evil woman!”

“I know you want to. Come on.”

He took her hands and led her to the floor just as the band began to play a new song.

**********************************************

A pair of chestnut brown eyes scanned the room. Her gaze landed on a couple dancing on the middle of the floor. The scarlet haired woman’s head was resting on the blond man’s shoulder. They looked totally in love.

She smiled and turned to the man next to her and stared earnestly into his sapphire blue eyes. “Who would’ve thought a Malfoy and a Weasley would fall in love?”

He shot her a grin. “Well, who would’ve thought two best friends who fought a lot and were polar opposites would get married?”

She took his hand and kissed the wedding band on his finger as he cupped her cheek with his large hand. “There’s always a reason, Ron. Always a reason…”

Author’s Notes: Fluff for all! Sorry it was so short,
I’m not exactly the fluff goddess…that belongs to wmlaw. Please review.
The End.
No Stranger is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Always A Reason also liked 588 other stories.
Leave a Review