A/N: I got inspired to write this while listening to Luther Vandross’ ‘Buy Me a Rose’
None of this is mine, just the plot. The song is by Mr. Vandross, and the Characters, Mrs. J. K. Rowling.




He works hard to give her all he thinks she wants
But it tears her apart ‘cause nothing’s for her heart
He pulls in late to wake her up with a kiss goodnight
If he could only read her mind, she’d say…

Buy me a rose, call me from work
Open a door for me, what would it hurt
Show me you love me by the look in your eyes
These are the little things I need the most in my life



Ginny Weasley Malfoy stood on the balcony of the two story home she shared with her husband. It over looked the ocean, it was totally peaceful. She was just listening to the waves breaking and smelling the salty sea air. It was beautiful… but this evening she wasn’t in the mood for beautiful, she wanted to at least talk to her husband. In the two years they had been married, he had never worked this much. Their first year together was simply perfect, but then slowly started growing apart. They were still in love, but they never cuddled, or talked or did anything, he was up and out before she woke up and didn’t come back until she was in bed and asleep. It drove her insane; he saw more of his boss than he saw his wife!

Now the days have grown to years of feelin’ all alone
As she sits and wonders if all she’s doin’ is wrong
‘Cause lately she’d try anything just to turn his head
Would it make a difference if she said, if she said…

Buy me a rose, call me from work
Open a door for me, what would it hurt
Show me you love me by the look in your eyes
These are the little things I need the most in my life


A whole year had past. They were still growing apart, and it was still driving her mad. She wanted to say something, but it would cause an argument between them, causing a deeper rift in their relationship.
She had been watching him sleep for a while now, taking the sight of him in slowly, his chest rising and falling with each breath he took, his hair falling in his eyes. She focused on his face and noticed that his forehead showed stress, she couldn’t add more to it, no, it would be wrong. It wouldn’t be fair. Though, she wished she still had the man she was with before they were married; the man who never stressed out over work and always spent time with her. She still loved him. It hurt her to see him working so much and so hard.


And the more that he lives the less that he tries
To show her the love that he holds inside
And the more that she gives the more that he sees
This is the story of you…and me


It was the day of their 4th wedding anniversary; she glanced to the note in her hand which read:

‘Ginny

Just the two of us tonight nothing will stand in the way of this. Dress comfortably, I’m going to do something a little different this anniversary. I hope you like it . Meet me in the den at 6:30.

Love forever,
Draco’

She kept reading it over and over, wondering what he was going to do. Obviously it wasn’t going to be extravagant as the years before, she didn’t mind. In previous years, they had gone to some restaurant filled with noisy people, it wasn’t that she wasn’t grateful for it, she was, she and Draco just never had an anniversary to themselves. But this year was going to be different, she knew it.

At 6’o clock, she took a shower and dressed in a pair of pajama pants and one of Draco's t- shirts and went downstairs to the den. When she got there, she started up the fire and sat in front of the couch, simply staring into it, losing track of her thoughts She did not notice Draco coming up behind her. But she did notice when he kissed her cheek. She smiled and kissed him softly on his mouth before he pulled back, and shook his head.

“Not quite now, love” he said smirking; he had a plan up his sleeve.

She watched him wondering what he had planned. He made a motion for her to scooch up and she did; he slid in the space behind her. His legs going on either side of her. She smiled slightly at him. He then took out of the bag, a styrofoam box. She glanced to him but he smiled and simply opened it revealing an Italian dinner, he sat that down and put napkins over each of their laps, and then set the box down. They slowly began to feed each other and stole kisses in between bites.

So I bought you a rose on the way home from work
To open the door to a heart that I hurt
And I hope you notice this look in my eyes
‘Cause I’m gonna make things right for the rest of your life
And I’m gonna hold you tonight, tonight
Do all those little things for the rest of your life

After their dinner, he took a rose from the bag, and handed it to her, kissing her lightly. She smiled, he then brought forth a little bear that said ‘I love you’ on the pillow it was holding. She smiled again, watching him still. He leaned back against the couch, pulling her to him, holding her, staring into the fire with her. He pointed his wand at their stereo and music started playing softly in the background. She smiled, leaned back, and whispered in his ear softly, “You’re going to be a father.”

They spent the rest of the evening in each other’s arms, and wrapped up in the one they loved.


*~*~*~*~*
Author’s note: Well? Did ya’ll like it? I was simply talking to a friend listening to this song when it wandered into my mind. I couldn’t refuse, it was sappy I know, but you have to admit some of you went ‘Awww…’ at least I hope you did. Please review!
I know the ending seemed a little weird, but they weren’t so distant they couldn’t keep up with a little recreation!

Aqua


Credit beta by diggingupophelia
Leave a Review