A/N: Still don’t own anything. Just the plot. If I ever own anything more, you all will be the first to know. Feel loved. Have a cookie

The Wedding

Draco Malfoy was lying rather haphazardly on the couch in his study. Half of his body was on the couch and the other half was hanging limply off the couch. He was feeling lazy and didn’t bother moving unless it was absolutely necessary. Since his wife wasn’t going to be home for the day, he decided that being lazy once in a while wasn’t so bad. He was reminiscing about the day of his wedding to Ginny…

*4 years earlier*


A 20- year- old Draco Malfoy stood anxiously in the ‘Usher’s room’ with his groomsmen. His mother was very emotional and fussing with his tie. She was making it either too loose or too tight. Yes, Draco Malfoy was getting married in Muggle attire. Everything else was magical, except the clothes. That had been Ginny’s only real request with regard to the wedding plans. Of course, neither Ginny nor Draco had much input, both of their mothers had taken over planning the wedding. All either of them got to add was occasional ‘yes’ or ‘no’.

As he was standing there, listening to his mother prattle on about how her little boy was ‘so grown up’ and looking handsome in his ‘little tux’, he was daydreaming about what Ginny would look like. That led to him to wondering if he was going to trip and if this was the right thing for him to do now. Financially, emotionally, and physically, they were prepared to be married. Mentally however, they were both having their doubts, not wondering if they loved each other, but if they could stand living with each other 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Both had horrible tempers, and when they were angry, hexes were thrown, doors were slammed, dishes were broken. And this was while they were dating! Of course they never threw harmful curses at each other. However, Ginny was once so angry with Draco, she nearly cursed his bits off, and that was over something stupid! What would happen over something serious? That was the main worry. Would they survive each other?

Soon enough his mother was heading out to the chapel to take her seat, friends and family of Draco were on the right, and Ginny’s many relatives and friends were on the left. The guests were talking amongst themselves. Ron was throwing heated looks to the Slytherins on the opposite side, and they were more than willing to throw heated looks back.

Draco took a deep breath and followed the Reverend out of the room, deeply breathing to get calm. And shut his eyes and opened them when he reached the altar. He glanced down the aisle and saw his groomsmen coming down the aisle with a bridesmaid on an arm. When they reached the end of the aisle the men sent the women off to the bride’s side of the altar, and moved to stand behind Draco. After three groomsmen and bridesmaids were lined up on their respective sides, the best man walked the Maid of Honor down the aisle. Draco sniggered to himself, the situation was quite comical when you looked at it. This was because each pair was composed of one member from each rival house. Just like the bride and groom.

The Bridal March started and everyone stood up. Draco glanced down the aisle, worries still flooding his head, but once he saw his bride to be on the arm of her father those thoughts vanished.

Draco was breathless when he saw Ginny in her dress. It was strapless, white, and sequined around the edges. It was snug around the middle but once it got to her hips it fluffed out. The bottom was made of a white silky material with a rough see-through material over it. The top was made with a silky material, hugging her stomach. She was actually worried she’d have to wear a corset to make her middle smaller. He hoped that she’d be willing to skip the reception because that dress was just too tempting for him not to try anything.


Ginny Weasley glanced nervously down the aisle; she was hoping she was doing the right thing. Were she and Draco ready for this commitment? They had been dating for three years when he had proposed to her, so if they made it those three years so far without killing each other, it should work out now. But now they were to be living with each other full-time. Not just one popping by the other’s flat when one of them, usually Draco, ran out of food or clean clothes.

She took a deep breath, glanced nervously over at her father and walked down the aisle, staring into the eyes of the man she was to wed. The long train of the white dress trailed behind her. All her worries disappeared. Her worries were replaced by thoughts of having children. Mini-Dracos and clones of Ginny’s running around. That could be a scary thought at times though.


When her father handed her off to Draco, she nearly cried. Would her father still consider her his little girl? Would they still be close as ever? If anything was to change between them she was going to call the wedding off. Of course, she knew she would never stop the wedding; she was too much in love with Draco to do that. She could already hear her mother and soon- to- be- mother in law sniffling and the wedding hadn’t even begun yet.



Soon the Reverend began his part in the ceremony. “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today…” She only took her eyes off Draco when the Reverend said, “Who gives this woman to this man?” and then she looked to her father and soon her eyes were back on Draco.



When it came to the vows she thought she would forget everything that she had written down, but as she listened to Draco, everything came back in its rightful place.

“I love you. You are my best friend. Today, I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard these things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.”

Ginny sniffled, and just wanted to kiss him then and there, but held her own and waited for the appropriate time.

“Draco, you may now place the ring on Ginevra’s hand,” the Reverend said. Draco shakily took the ring from the best man and placed it on the 4th finger on her left hand, in front of the quite large stone of her engagement ring. Course, even the wedding ring had to be big; Ginny was the most important person in his life, a small wedding ring would be appalling!

The Reverend then said, “Now, Ginevra, your vows please.”

She nodded and began to read hers, stuttering over the first couple of words due to nerves. “The sun smiles on us today, our wedding day, and how can it not? For, our love is stronger than forever and our hearts beat together as one. I promise to be a true and faithful partner from this day forward, in all life's circumstances, as we face them together. In the joys and sorrows, the good times and bad, in sickness or in health, I will always be there for you, to comfort you, love you, honor and cherish you, now and forevermore.”

Their mothers had started crying and Narcissa was sniffling into a cousin’s shoulder whilst Molly cried into Arthur’s shoulder. Arthur awkwardly patted her shoulder, trying to calm her down.


“Now, Ginevra, please place the band on Draco’s hand, please.” She nodded and handed the bouquet to the Maid of Honor before sliding the little platinum band on Draco’s finger. She sniffed and fought the urge to wipe her eyes.


‘By the power vested in me, and the Wizengamot, I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Draco Malfoy. Draco, you may now kiss the bride.’


Draco all but attacked her as he lifted the veil and placed a kiss on her mouth. “I’ve been waiting for this part all day,” he whispered to her. She giggled and pulled back. Their mother were sobbing like babies by now and the kiss only made it worse because their babies were now officially married.


The Revered had them face the congregation before announcing loudly and happily ‘May I now introduce, Mr. and Mrs. Draco Malfoy.’


The cheers went up as the two of them made their way back down the aisle hand in hand . People were standing up, crying and clapping. Everyone was happy for the new couple.


Just for show, Draco stopped her before they reached the door and kissed her again. That earned the couple catcalls from the Slytherins. All of Ginny’s brothers just groaned and rolled their eyes. Arthur was still trying to comfort Molly.



*present day*


Draco opened his eyes, smirking; that day he had been full of nerves. He was so scared she would stand him up but she didn’t. They had remained loyal to each other. And now, he was going to be a father. He had helped Ginny produce a little baby; of course that little baby hadn’t been born yet.


He shut his eyes again, and thought some more. Then he had a scary thought. That baby was going to get married. If that baby turned out to be a girl, Merlin help the man that married her! Draco had every intention of collecting every male relative and friend to help with the required interrogation. But that’s only going to be because he’s going to spoil her and have her be Daddy’s little girl forever. Even when she’s in her 80’s and has great- grandchildren.


A son though, another Malfoy to carry on the name, someone who would idolize him. Draco liked the sound of that. His son would want to grow up like him and most definitely play Quidditch just like his Dad. He hoped that if he had a son, he’d marry someone like Ginny, someone who he can talk to when he has a problem, who will comfort him when he’s upset, put him in his place when he’s being arrogant. He needs to find a wife who will just love him, even though he’s in a bad mood. His son would need a wife to just be there for him through it all, like Ginny was for him.



He opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling. He couldn’t help but be excited at one day in six or seven months holding a little baby that had his eyes and her hair, or his hair and her eyes, or just looked all like him or all like her. He smiled slightly. Of course, the down side to it would be 3 A.M. feedings, diaper changes, crying, and crankiness, from the baby and his wife. He knew he was up for the challenge. He was mature enough.

What really got him going was the baby was to be born around his birthday, either a week before or a week after. He had told Ginny to not get him anything, that the baby will do. She had laughed at him for that. He too laughed quietly at the idea.

“Might I ask what’s so funny, Mr. Malfoy?” Ginny’s voice came from the doorframe, where her still slender frame stood.



“I was thinking…” he began.



“For once,” she teased him before he continued on speaking.



“About what I said to you, how the baby was to be my birthday gift from you,” he said sitting up slightly.



She nodded lightly and walked over to him, sitting next to him “It was amusing,” she said.



“What are you doing home so early anyways?” he asked her.



“My mum was driving me mad. She was either bugging Hermione about how she’s taking care of herself, or bugging me on how I’m taking care of myself. So, I told her, I needed to sleep and that I’d see her this weekend.”



He laughed. “Really?”

She nodded.

“ I most certainly did. Oh... I told her you were feeling sniffly…” he chuckled at the expression.“ She made a big pot of soup for you. Mum sent a message along with the soup. She said, that if you do get sick, I am to kick you out of bed and quarantine you in one of the guest rooms.”

He rolled his eyes. “I sneezed twice, Gin, and sniffed afterwards.”



“Well, we can’t have me and our baby getting sick, now can we?”


He shook his head, “No, Gin, we can’t.”



“Good boy,” she said and kissed his cheek before standing up.



“Where are you going, Weasley?” he teased, using her maiden name.



“Isn’t it obvious? I have a baby in me, and a bunch of ice cream in the freezer. The two have to meet.”



He laughed. “Save me some, I’ll be down shortly.”



She nodded and went off.



Draco lay on his back again, thinking once again. He was wondering if he’d make a good father to this baby. What if he made a mistake? What if he did something that made the baby not like him. What if the baby was born not liking him? All these 'what ifs' were driving him mad. He sighed. Draco was pulled from his thoughts when Ginny sat on his lap.


“Sickle for your thoughts?” she asked him.



He explained to her everything he was going through. She shook her head “Draco, everyone has those same thoughts, and they’re just that, thoughts. There hasn’t been a baby born that doesn’t love its parents. This baby will love you Draco, and I’m sure you’ll love her or him. Mistakes help you grow, everybody makes mistakes Draco, its normal. No more worries… ok?” she asked him.



He nodded “It still bothers me.” She nodded and stretched out on top of him “I have those same worries,” she muttered. “I had those same worries when we got married, as well. I thought we’d end up killing each other with our tempers,” she giggled. His hand went to play with her hair.



“Were you nervous that day?” he asked.



“Of course I was. I was a wreck. I was running around, I wouldn’t stay still long enough to get my hair done. I kept turning my head when it came to the veil. The dress kept slipping down so we had to pin it… literally, then once it was pinned we charmed it so it finally fit. I couldn’t find my bouquet, I got sick once or twice from fright… it was horrible,” she finished.



“You looked beautiful,” he said kissing her lightly. “You still do. You always will,” he said.



-------------



Author’s note: Yay. Chapter 2 done. If you hadn’t noticed this isn’t a continuation, more like ficlets, but I mean, it’s all good right? You bet it is. Anyways, read, review, and feel good that you did a good deed by making one author happy. Anyways, thanks to my beta, (who was helping me through the wedding scene) Diggingupophelia. Myweddingvows.com for help with the vows. And all you reviewers, who inspired me to write another chap.

Beta’s Note: Please leave reviews. A lot of hard work went into this story, and she deserves to hear some feedback. ~ diggingupophelia~

One more thing, I am Baptist, so I have a Reverend, if in anyway this chapter has offended you in anyway, whether by religious reasons or what, I do apologize, please forgive me. The vows were Christian, so I’m hoping that covers the Catholics, etc. If you have any problems with religion, please let me know and I think this chapter will be the only one that has any religion mentioned in it. Please accept my apology, I didn’t mean to offend anyone.
Leave a Review