Ginny Malfoy sat prepping herself in front of her vanity. She smiled to herself, tonight was her third anniversary with Draco. She had no idea what was planned for the evening. However, she knew since Draco was planning it, it’d turn out well. As tradition was, Draco planned the anniversaries. They had started the tradition when they were dating and saw no reason to change it once they were married.

True, they had some minor problems in the past, but what couple didn’t? They worked through their problems and still held on together. At first, everyone was shocked to see a Malfoy, of all people, marrying a Weasley. But in the end, everything turned out as planned. Ginny couldn’t have asked for a better husband. He was kind, loving, and made sure she was always happy. Even after they had an argument, Draco would always check on Ginny to make sure she wasn’t too miserable.

She stood up and headed to her closet to pick out something nice to wear. She was determined to look wonderful for Draco. After much debate, she picked out a sleeveless, silver dress. It was low cut in the front, and the bottom angled out. She planned to wear a cloak over it. Draco liked it because it showed a lot of skin. Ginny liked because it accentuated her complexion and hair.

After a quick shower, she slipped into the dress. Next, she started on her hair.

“What can I do with my hair tonight?” she asked staring at her reflection. Ginny was playing with her hair to see how it could look in different sorts of styles.

Normally, her hair just fell straight down to the middle of her back, she kept it long since Draco had a habit of playing with it. She was having a difficult time deciding what to do.

“Should I pin it all up?” she asked her reflection, as she held her hair up. “All down?” she asked as she let it fall. “Or, something in between?” she asked, gathering part of her hair to see the effect. She wished that the mirror would answer her questions.

Finally, she decided to go with something in between. She charmed the loose part of her hair to be wavy. It really didn't look like something out of a fashion magazine, but she was pleased none the less. She knew she wouldn’t question her choice later.

After the whole ‘hair issue’ she moved onto the make-up; she normally wouldn’t wear much, tonight was no different. She put on a bit of lip stick, and a touch of blush, she decided to put on eye shadow, but skip mascara. She had her nails done earlier in the day so she didn’t have to worry about that.

Hermione had gotten Ginny hooked on listening to Muggle music. She turned on her radio to listen to while she relaxed. After getting all primped up for Draco, she didn’t want to ruin her hair or make up. Muggle music just helped her unwind after a long day of working, or being stressed out. It had its simplicity that Wizarding music lacked.

'When I first saw you, I saw love.

And the first time you touched me, I felt love.

And after all this time, you're still the one I love.'

Ginny shut her eyes and thought back to the first time she had seen Draco Malfoy. It was the summer before her 1st year at Hogwarts and Draco and Ginny were in Flourish and Blotts. Of course, he had criticized her family, but Ginny couldn’t help but notice he was handsome. She still felt smitten for him. Her family thought it was a phase at first, but then they started dating more and finally got married, so they tolerated him for the most part. They did however, take issue with the fact that he wanted to hex her brothers dead every time they came within eyesight, or vice versa, but now they were almost friends.

Ginny laughed as she thought of the time at ‘The Family Picnic’ when they started dating. All her brothers were there with their wives and children and Ginny brought Draco, and Ron had said something to Draco that caused him to lose his temper and he turned Ron into a pigeon. What Ron said was something no polite person would repeat in civilized conversation, so Draco did the gentlemanly thing and hexed him. Draco turned Ron into a pigeon -- a really ugly pigeon, at that, so that the other brothers had to go after him, and when they finally caught him, they took a leaf out of Moody’s book and with one wave of a wand, Draco was once again ‘The Amazing Bouncing Ferret.’ Ginny was none too pleased with any of the men after that, and even though most of the brothers settled their differences with Draco, there was a couple who still wanted to hex him silly, like Ron.

'Looks like we made it

Look how far we've come my baby

We mighta took the long way

We knew we'd get there someday


They said, "I bet they'll never make it"

But just look at us holding on

We're still together still going strong'

Ginny again related to the song, so far it seemed that the song was following their relationship. How many times people had scoffed at them, people had said, “Oh, it won’t last long.” But they were wrong; they had been together for three years. At the part ‘I bet they’ll never make it’ she leaned back in her chair. She remembered a Hogwarts picnic after they had graduated and had been dating for a couple months when Pansy Parkinson happened. Pansy was all over Draco, flirting with him the whole time, even when he tried to be with Ginny, she still came up to him to flirt. Ginny had even overheard Pansy saying to Draco “Whenever you ditch the Weasel, you always know you can come to me, I can pleasure you so much better."

Ginny left after she heard that, her eyes red with fury towards Parkinson, and Draco had followed her shortly after that; he was angry as well towards Pansy. She was damn near determined to prove to everyone that they would be together forever, and they nearly had.

'(You're still the one)

You're still the one I run to

The one that I belong to

You're the one I want for life

(You're still the one)

You're still the one that I love

The only one I dream of

You're still the one I kiss good night'

She smiled; she was starting to like this song. She’d make Draco listen to it one of these days. She checked her watch and listened more.

'Ain't nothin' better

We beat the odds together

I'm glad we didn't listen

Look at what we would be missin''

She would have missed out on getting to know Draco even more so; actually realizing he had a soft spot and could actually be very sweet, even though you only saw his rough outer exterior. A bittersweet memory came into her mind – she almost missed out on being with him.

It was her 7th year at Hogwarts; Ginny was out during a Hogsmeade weekend. She usually met up with Draco then, but this weekend she just wanted to be by herself.

She didn’t know Draco would be in town that weekend for a quick business meeting. She had been wandering throughout the village for quite some time when she saw Draco with another woman by his side walking into the Three Broomsticks. Ginny, having the Weasley temper, immediately saw red, and followed the two in there. When she got in to the pub, she made her way over to one Mr. Draco Malfoy and proceeded to chew him out for all he was worth. She was in the sort of mood where she would shoot now and ask questions later. She didn’t pause for breath once, not even to give him a chance to explain himself. When she was done she stormed out.

Draco excused himself and followed Ginny out. She was walking back towards Hogwarts when he finally caught up with her. He demanded to know what she was thinking when she went in there. She just asked him the same question. Eventually their voices started getting louder and louder to the point where they were drawing a crowd to their argument in the middle of the street.

Luckily for her, Fred and George heard the commotion and broke the two up before Ginny hexed off any of Draco’s more delicate body parts. Both were extremely furious with the other and George took Ginny back to the school. Fred told Draco to go cool down a bit before he took another try with Ginny.

Needless to say, when Ginny got back to her dorm she finally realized what she had done; she had blown the situation out of proportion. She knew she had ruined things between the two of them. But she was not ready to apologize yet; she was never one to give in first.

Two weeks after that incident, she still hadn’t heard from Draco. She finally flooed to the Manor, and apologized to Draco. She knew she was wrong to not give him a chance to explain himself and she had just overreacted. He was more than willing to forgive her. He was too much of a mess without her; he was driving people nuts because he didn’t know what to do with himself without her. After that, the two couldn’t have been any closer.

Looking back now, Ginny was glad she had apologized. She didn’t know where she would be if she didn’t have Draco and she didn’t want to imagine life without him, he meant more to her than she could express in words.

'They said, "I bet they'll never make it"

But just look at us holding on

We're still together still going strong


(You're still the one)

You're still the one I run to

The one that I belong to

You're the one I want for life

(You're still the one)

You're still the one that I love

The only one I dream of

You're still the one I kiss good night


(You're still the one)

You're still the one I run to

The one that I belong to

You're the one I want for life

(You're still the one)

You're still the one that I love

The only one I dream of

You're still the one I kiss good night


I'm so glad we made it

Look how far we've come my baby'

Ginny smiled once again as the song ended; it was perfect for the two of them, it described their relationship perfectly. She hoped Hermione knew the name of the song and the artist who wrote it. Maybe she would even have a ‘CD.’ Then she would force Draco to listen to it. She smirked to herself, yes… that shall be the plan…


Author’s note: I own nothing still. The song Belongs to Shania Twain ‘You’re still the One’ and the characters to J.K. Rowling, but the plot is mine… it ambushed me during chapter 3. Now my Beta might hate me... two chaps in one day. Anyhoo… thanks to my reviewers again and the lovely Diggingupophelia for beta-ing. She IS awesome, and she is so kind at that too.
Leave a Review