Draco knew he'd regret waking up. It wasn't that he didn't love waking up next to Ginny, because he did. The fact that she was carrying his baby made it a million times better. He loved her face when she was sleeping; sometimes smiling, sometimes frowning. He always wondered what she dreamt about as he watched her face. He couldn't help but wonder if he was in her dreams when she smiled. Sometimes she'd wake up before him and watch him until he awoke, then they'd gaze lovingly into one another's eyes until one got up.

This morning she wasn't in bed. Ginny's morning sickness had kicked in late and once in a while she'd be sick early morning. He sighed, he hated seeing her sick. He waited for her to return before getting up to take a shower, when she came out he kissed her cheek. He didn't avoid her because she had just vomited, but because he was self conscious about morning breath. Even though Ginny told him time and time again that his breath was fine.

While his shower water heated up, he brushed his teeth and shaved. He hadn't shaved for a few days and had stubble built up. Ginny liked it when his face was rough, but he couldn't stand it. When his water was ready he stepped in and lathered up his hair, he was attempting to grow his hair out and parts clung to his forehead. After his shower, he was rather surprised Ginny hadn't jumped him so, he toweled off, and whilst still clad in the towel, Ginny made her move. Draco had to give thanks for the pregnancy hormones!

After their bathroom quickie, the only reason Draco got dressed was because he was running late for work. Ginny watched him as he dressed; admiring his long, sleek body. He was as tall as Ron, but no where near as lanky. He had long, lean, semi-tan legs, narrow waist that made her jealous, of course it would never widen. 'Damn him,' she thought. His torso was muscular, having a flat stomach and broad chest and shoulders. His arms were long and strong and they always made her feel safe when he held her. Draco looked like he took care of himself perfectly, but he was just lucky and blessed with a great body.

He dressed today in black dress pants, a black long sleeved shirt with a dark blue tie. He had remembered while in the shower that he had to go visit Azkaban. Despite the fact that Draco owned his own business, he occasionally volunteered his services as an Auror. Today he was asked to go along to interview some recently captured Death Eaters. Even though Potter had killed Voldemort six years ago, there were still a few Death Eaters who still took it upon themselves to cause trouble. He sighed softly, going to Azkaban meant seeing his father. Lucius Malfoy had been imprisoned since the summer before Draco's sixth year at Hogwarts.

Lucius didn't know Draco had married Ginny, nor did he know that Narcissa had remarried two years after his sentencing. She had married a French Wizard she had met while in Paris. Draco didn't like the fact he was French, but as long as he made her happy and respected her, he was okay in Draco's book. Draco knew his mother still loved Lucius, but also knew that she wouldn't spend an eternity waiting on his release. Part of being a Malfoy knew meaning when to keep one's mouth shut with regard to certain topics. Narcissa's marriage was one of those certain topics. Besides, Draco didn't want to be the one to inform his father of that tidbit of information; he liked all his body parts where they were, thank you very much.

Draco broke free of his thoughts and walked over to Ginny. He kissed her goodbye, said he loved her, and apparated to the Ministry. Ginny wasn't due to work for another couple hours.

~~~~

Draco ran his fingers through his still damp hair and walked into his office. His partner, Rob Anderson, was already there, getting files ready.

"Ready, Draco?" asked Rob.

Draco nodded weakly.

"You seem nervous," Rob observed.

"I am," Draco replied. "I'm going to the place where my father has been locked up for the past 8 years."

"Wow," the reply came. "How did he end up there? If you don't mind me asking?" Rob had transferred here to this department about two years ago from Spain, and as a result hadn't heard all about Lucius Malfoy or the history or his sordid past.

Draco proceeded to explain the whole messed up story: how Lucius had gotten caught and charged with many accounts of murder, denied everything, found guilty and dragged kicking and screaming to Azkaban. The other man nodded throughout the story, "Wow," he said again.

Draco nodded. "He doesn't know I'm married nor about to become a father," he finished.

"Think he'll try and talk to you?" he asked.

Draco merely shrugged. "I don't want anything to do with him. He's just someone from my past. I now have a stepfather who got my Mum pregnant." He said sighing. Narcissa Malfoy Sinclair, was indeed pregnant and due next month no less. The only thing that bothered him was that the baby would have a sissy French name.

His partner nodded. "We better get going. We have to Portkey directly to Azkaban," he said.

Draco nodded, now that he put thought to it, Narcissa had changed greatly since Lucius got sent away. She made more public appearances. She donated things she didn't need to different charities. She even made peace with the Weasleys, going so far as to become good friends with Molly. She was just a different person all together. Her new husband was more than fine with the way she was living, as long as she kept herself healthy, he had no complaints.

Draco glanced around then grabbed the Portkey offered to him; he felt the familiar tug behind his navel. When his feet firmly hit the ground on the edge of the Arctic Ocean near Azkaban, he once again got lost in his thoughts. Lucius hadn't always been a Death Eater, of course he had always been interested in dark artifacts.

Draco had decided years ago that Lucius being in Azkaban was for the better. No more Muggles and Muggle-borns being killed for heinous reasons.

He smirked when he thought that Lucius would probably die if he learned he was related to the Weasleys. And because of the marriage, he'd be partially related to Potter and Granger as well. He laughed out loud at the imagined look on Lucius' face as he informed him of the matches made by marriage so far: Blaise, whom had been a second son, married Granger. Pansy, had married Weasel. Potter was the only one of the Golden Trio to not have taken up with a Slytherin, so far. Last Draco knew, he was dating Lavender Brown, or was it one of the Patil twins? Who knows, maybe it was both. He could even be dating Katie Bell. Potter was a player and it was difficult to keep track of who he was dating, the turn around was just too quick.

He thought back to all his brothers in law and their respective spouses. Bill married Fleur Delacour. Charlie married a Romanian girl. Percy was never discussed, so no one knew about him. Fred or George had married Alicia Spinnet. The other twin married Angelina Johnson. He had about 12, give or take 3 nephews, and one niece, thought she wasn't technically related because she was Blaise and Hermione's daughter. So far, the Weasley Clan had no new girls since Ginny. He had wondered if his baby would be a boy or girl. He secretly hoped a girl, just to be different. He knew the chances of a girl were slim. His father had no sisters, but yet his mother had two sisters. And Ginny's side was hopeless. He and Ginny had already picked out a boy's name, but didn't bother with a girl's name. But Draco had thought one over 'just in case,' he said. He knew he'd probably be wrong, but it's the thought that counts.

Draco had been so lost in thought that he hadn't noticed that they were almost to the boat that would take them to the island. He wasn't one for boats but got in anyway. After an hour-long boat ride, Draco was feeling quite nauseous. Finally, they got off and headed for the dark, cold prison. It was gray and looked very rundown. He shivered slightly and pulled his cloak tighter around himself. They walked in and each handed over his wand. Draco then silently walked behind his partner, down the rows of cells, trying desperately not to look into the ones that held his aunt and uncle. He had yet to see his father, thank Merlin. The set up was quite simple, there were cells on both sides of the hall , which extended for quite a distance. The cell fronts were just bars, holding in the prisoners, anyone could easily look in. Draco had been here before and learned where his various family members resided within the prison.

Three hours later and the interrogations were over. They had been going around in circles for the past hour and decided to continue another day. 'Oh joy,' Draco thought. It was then that a raspy voice spoke his name, "Draco." Draco turned towards the person who called and horror filled his face. Lucius was standing in his cell, his hair was quite matted and dirty. His face was thin, his cheeks hollow, his eyes sunken and dark. His body, from what Draco could see, was skin and bones. It was a sight that would cause nightmares for most.

Draco took a step back and just looked at him.

"Do you not know your own father?" asked Lucius.

"I have no father, my father died 8 years ago," Draco said to him, turning to leave.

"Send my love to your mother," he said.

"I don't think she wants to hear from you," he said. "Nor do I." he answered bitterly.

"You're married?" he asked, noting Draco's wedding band.

"Yes," Draco answered.

"To whom?"

"None of your business. Good day," he said and left.

When Draco got back to headquarters, he secluded himself in his office. He only left when he needed to use the restroom, then went back. He did not even bother to have a late lunch. Soon enough, the day was done and after checking out, he Apparated home. Ginny was setting dishes on the table when he walked in.

"I'm not hungry tonight," he said wearily.

"Are you feeling alright? You don't look too well," she said, her inner Molly Weasley coming out.

He shrugged and headed up to their bedroom. Ginny followed him, now worried. He was slowly getting undressed, taking his time.

"Bad day?" she asked, sitting on the bed.

"That's an understatement," he said. He then explained the whole day to her. When he was through, she hugged him.

He smiled slightly and hugged her back, pulling her into his lap. She was the only person he knew of that could change his mood by just hugging him, smiling at him, or kissing him.

He gave her a light kiss and she deepened it. Hell, he wasn't complaining, and then one thing led to another and they were making love.

~~~~

Later that evening, Draco lay on their bed. Ginny was asleep snuggled next to him he had his arm around her. He smiled, he was content now. He was still bothered by the day's events, but for now, he'd push it away and enjoy time with his wife.

~~~~

Author's note: Ha! I updated! I wrote a lot of this while driving to Washington D.C. It just came to my mind, and I finished it tonight (4/29) well, typed it up. The ending part of the chapter I wrote in math class. I'm so bad. It wasn't anything important in math. Well I hoped you enjoyed it and will review. I do love reviews, they feed the Muse nicely. *hint hint* Have a good evening y'all. And Thanks to my beta, Diggingupophelia, but any and all remaining mistakes are my own.
Leave a Review