Saturday, a day of sleeping until noon, followed by a big lunch, another nap, dinner, and then spending the rest of the night with your spouse. It was a perfect day, at least in Draco’s opinion. That was his plan, for Saturday; however, Ginny had other plans. Instead of sleeping at nine in the morning, he was helping Ginny with her garden. Draco was not luxuriating as he thought he should be! On the contrary, he was getting hot, sweaty, and dirty, while Ginny barked orders at him.

“Plant the daisies by the tulips,” she said pointing. He nodded.

“Wait… on second thought.. move them by the petunias…” Ginny directed.
“Ok” he said nodding, moving them by the petunias.

“No, I liked them better by the tulips….”
“Ginny!” he said exasperated. “Pick a spot and stay with it!” he said, the heat had been awful and her constant mind changing was driving him mad.

After a few hours of back breaking labor he was finally done. Maybe after his shower, he’d be able to have lunch than sleep away the afternoon. Again, his plans were thwarted. As soon as he finished lunch, she had him upstairs, working on the baby’s nursery. Ginny had insisted that they hand painted the room, except one wall which Draco was allowed to decorate as he wished. He had plans to put a Quidditch scene from the game where his Slytherin team beat Harry’s Gryffindor team. Ginny rolled her eyes at that; she was determined to find a way to change his mind.

Draco grabbed the paintbrush and began on the other three walls.

“Draco, why didn’t you want this room pink, again?” asked Ginny out of the blue.

“Because, if we have a boy, he is not living in a pink room and I don’t feel like redoing it.”

“But I don’t want him growing up thinking pink is a girl’s color,” protested Ginny.

“It is,” he said.

“Most men believe pink is a girl’s color, you’ve just proved my point.”

“Ginny, if we had a little girl then I don’t mind, but since we don’t know what it is yet, I don’t want to paint pink. Plus you know you’ll have me in here changing it all around if it isn’t a girl because, well, that's just how you are!”

She sighed and nodded. “Fine, what colors would be acceptable?”

“Green with a gold bordering,” replied Draco.

“Fine.”

Draco then began painting the walls, wondering if they were having a girl or boy. At least they wouldn’t have to worry about the ceiling, he mused. The ceiling would be enchanted like the ceiling in the Great Hall at Hogwarts.

Draco groaned out loud, they had been painting nearly all afternoon now, and he still hadn’t a chance to sleep. He was starting to get bored and agitated.

“Ginny,” he whined. “I want to relax sometime”

“You will… when you go to bed.”

He knew better then to reply and simply grumbled. They both stopped at eat supper than back to work. They finally decided to quit around ten that evening.

As he lay down on their bed, she snuggled up to him and kissed his neck slowly. “Thank you.” She said “Even though we were working, I’m glad we spent the whole day together.” It hadn’t occurred to him that they had in fact, spent the whole day together. He groaned inwardly, that was rather stupid, and he was being so selfish he never realized it. Ever since he married Ginny this whole ‘guilt’ thing was coming more and more harder, and also more and more common.

Perhaps this day wasn’t completely ruined, he mused as Ginny's hand did something very naughty.


A/N: This is just a filler chapter until a real plot bunny comes along and whacks me upside the head. This is another creation of Math class boredom. Enjoy and see my profile for contact info if you are all interested. Thanks to my beta, all remaining mistakes are my own.
Leave a Review