Ginny glanced to her brother, “Tell me again why you STILL don’t like Draco?” She asked rhetorically. Sometimes Ron needed reminding of the situation between Draco and Ginny.

“Because,” Ron said indignantly, “he’s still an arrogant prat whom you’re too good for.”

She glared at him. Her moods had been changing so quickly over the past few weeks; no one knew what to say to her. Even Draco had a hard time talking to her sometimes. “Well now, Ronald Weasley, news to you, Draco is not an arrogant prat. And, he will be the father of all your nephews and nieces. Understand?” she reminded him, giving him the Molly Weasley death glare.

Ron bit his lip. “Yes Gin, but you know, Harry is still very single…”

Ginny’s teacup barely missed his ear, “Well, I don’t want Harry. I’m quite happy with my husband, thanks,” she snapped. Her brother, how he got on her last nerve sometimes! And with that said and done, she moved to the living room.

Ron followed her a few minutes later, he honestly hated when his sister was angry at him. He always felt so guilty about it until he apologized. “I’m sorry Ginny…” he began, not noticing the look of discomfort on her face, “as long as you love him, and he loves you, and takes care of the baby and you, I’m happy… Gin? Ginny? It’s nice to respond to an apology…”

It was then he noticed Ginny biting her lip and her eyes shut tightly. “Gin, what’s wrong?” he asked, panic stricken.

“Oh… nothing… a little heartburn… nothing major…” she muttered more to reassure herself than anything.

“Uh huh… Let’s just get you to the hospital, just to get something for that heartburn, okay?”

She merely nodded. Two panicky Weasleys was never a good thing. He held her arm, Apparating with her to a narrow alley before walking with her to the front entrance.

Ginny never liked Side-Along Apparition, but it got them there quickly. Soon enough, she was admitted and being pushed through the many doors, taken to a delivery room only having time enough to tell Ron to get Draco.

Right… The baby’s prat of a father, he thought to himself and Apparated out with a *crack*

~~

Draco was sitting behind his desk, quite content, when his very distressed looking, fool of a brother-in-law, Apparated in.

“What in the name of Merlin do you want, Weasley?” he asked, leaning back in his chair.

“Shut it for a few minutes, Malfoy. Ginny has gone into labor,” he said, calming down.

“Are you sure? She’s only seven months along…”

“Are you up to arguing with the Healers at St. Mungos?”

“Well no,” he said standing up. “You should tell your family, Mrs. Weasley would have my head if she didn’t know about it…” he said apparating out.

Ron nodded. He was caught in between telling his mum and not, but seeing as it was Ginny’s first baby, he’d tell her, and that’s what he set off to do.


Draco had nearly gone nutters; he did not want to stand on queue while his wife could be having their baby. So, he did the next best thing, and simply went to look for her on his own. Following the signs, he managed to find the maternity ward, and asked a nurse where his wife was. She only responded that she had gone in for an emergency caesarean, and that he would not be permitted in, but he could wait in the waiting room.

He managed to do that, and a half hour later, in came several redheads, all shouting questions at him.

“Where’s Ginny?”

“Why aren’t you with her?”

“Is she alright?”

“Why’d she go in so early?”

“Why aren’t you answering us?”

Draco, in his distress merely shrugged, gaping around at the lot of them.

Arthur, sensing his only son-in-law’s distress, answered for him. “Perhaps it could be the fact he has no news of this, like the rest of us.”

Draco nodded at him, sitting back down, having stood when they arrived. Though they seem a little miffed, they all sat around and waited. Mrs. Weasley ambushed Draco with hugs.

A very tension filled half hour later, a doctor came out, taking off the gloves and mask. “Is there a Mr. Malfoy present?”

Draco stood up feebly, “Me,” he croaked out.

“Congratulations, Mr. Malfoy, It’s a-”


“Pygmy Puff?” Ron asked the two boys, backing up to the bin, and grabbing one up in his hand. In his rush to tell everyone, he had forgotten to tell Fred and George. The Puff in question merely sneezed, falling back into the bin with a little ‘Aieeee’ as it landed on top of its fellow Puffs.

“Don’t try to get out of this one,” Fred said, glaring at his brother.

“Our sister went into labor and you didn’t tell us?”

“Well, I uhm… I figured… uhm… you were busy with the store,” Ron stuttered.

“We have workers, Ron! We can take off! Our only sister is having her first baby!”

“I’m sorry. She’s at the hospital right now. She’s probably still in delivery,” Ron muttered, and with that the twins vanished from sight as they apparated to St. Mungo’s. He let a sigh of relief escape him, then followed the twin’s actions, and left as well.

~~~~~~

Draco was watching Ginny in awe as she held their baby. The Malfoy heir had a small patch of golden hair and brilliant blue eyes. Along with the little squashed face and pink skin of a traditional newborn.

Ginny’s family had already come and gone, so it just left the three of them alone. “What about Jamie?” Ginny asked Draco; they still hadn’t decided on names as off now, now that the baby was here.

“Hm… I don’t know. What about Aren, not spelled like the Celtic version, but rather the Scandinavian version: A-R-E-N.”

“That’s a lovely name, but let’s think more on it, if we find nothing else that’ll be the name.”

He nodded. “Alright, but you know, because this baby is a Malfoy, the name has to powerful and all that right.”

“Sure Draco, whatever you say,” Ginny said teasingly, rolling her eyes.




Author’s note: So… did you like it? I hope you did… don’t forget to R&R. Beta credits to Diggingupophelia and Rainpuddle, and all remaining mistakes, are moi’s. Cheers!
Leave a Review