A/N: I apologize for how long it's been... I'm working at summer camp, so my time is often not my own. I have the next two chapters off to the beta, so hopefully they'll turn up soon enough here. Thanks so much to everyone who takes the time to review, I read everyone and really appreciate them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~


He left the flat once he heard the shower turn on. Draco knew it would do them both some good to have some time alone. Besides, he had some things to take care of.

Draco Apparated to Diagon Alley where he quickly went to Gringotts. He had the misfortune of running into Bill Weasley first thing. Her brother was on his way out for lunch. The Weasley showed some manors and invited his brother-in-law to join him, an offer that Draco declined. If he hadn't known better, Draco was certain Ginny's oldest brother sighed with relief.

Bill had been surprised to see Draco without Ginny. He'd explained it away by saying she was at their flat, redecorating. Bill seemed to understand.

Once he sat down with the goblin in charge of his accounts, Draco went about adding Ginevra Weasley Malfoy to all of them. If the goblin was at all surprised, he hid it very well. Draco wondered if everyone read the Daily Prophet. He even transferred some money from his main account into one for her. Once he had two golden keys safely tucked away in the inside of his robe, he left.

After he finished at the bank, Draco made his way to several of the shops he frequented. He was adding her name to all of his accounts. Ginny might not want his money, but at least while they were married he was going to insist she take it.

Draco once again found himself at the jewelry store. He lingered over an emerald and diamond broach for nearly half an hour, before leaving empty-handed. Draco knew Ginny wouldn't like something so Slytherin in taste.

In his mind, he was trying to bribe her. If he bought her nice things and took her places she wanted to visit, then she might love him. It was a ridiculous attempt to buy her affection – one not fitting of a Slytherin at all.

As he wandered about Diagon Alley, Draco let himself get lost in his thoughts. He didn't quite understand his fascination with the youngest Weasley. For nearly five years, her family had been the bane of his existence. The Weasleys were just as detestable to him as Potter and the old fool Dumbledore. As a child, he'd taken his father's words as gospel. Anything Father said or did must have been right.

That changed, of course, after his incarceration at the end of Draco's fifth year. He'd taunted Potter with the knowledge that he'd escape soon. And he had, but for that summer Draco was alone with his mother. They'd traveled the continent, visiting the different Malfoy properties and various family members. He knew his mother hated it, but Narcissa felt it necessary to keep up appearances. In the wake of her husband's imprisonment, she proved to be a strong and capable leader. It was that summer Draco saw what his father must have seen years ago in his mother. He knew when he married; he wanted a witch who possessed similar qualities.

Enter Ginny Weasley.

He'd started snogging her because it seemed as if everyone was. Boys from different houses seemed to be whispering stories of the youngest Weasley. While the stories were often very tame, Draco found himself intrigued. Why would a pretty girl like Weasley go about handing out free kisses? Especially when it was obvious to everyone Potter was besotted with her.

Soon Draco found himself seeking her out. In the beginning, it was for a good shouting match. The girl never got flustered or angry with him, no matter how much he insulted her. Draco tried everything – her clothes, her house, her friends, and her family. She gave as good as she got. Students would gather around for their matches. Draco was always impressed that she never pulled a wand on him, threatening him with a hex. The thought never even crossed his mind.

He'd kissed her for the first time in a deserted classroom on the fourth floor. They'd run into each other outside a forgotten music room, and with no audience a row didn't seem to be in order. Ginny had wanted to walk by, not having any sort of interaction with him. Draco surprised himself by grabbing her wrist and pulling her into the classroom. She'd stared at him for a moment, reading his intentions clearly in her eyes. He thought he saw a bit of resistance from her, but she gave in and nodded. It was all the permission he needed as he pushed her back against the door.

From the very first taste, he was addicted. She tasted of chocolate and peppermint. Two things he enjoyed immensely, but suddenly had a new appreciation for. From that moment on, Draco knew neither would taste the same to him. And both would always remind him of her.

Their meetings continued through out the year. He'd even managed to convince his mother he wanted to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas. With Ginny, but Draco hadn't felt the need to add that information in his owl. Narcissa must have assumed since Lucius had returned home, Draco wanted to avoid his father. That was part of it, but had nothing to do with the truth of the matter.

Ginny Weasley was an addiction to him. He could hardly make it through a day without kissing her. He'd see her in the halls, tagging along behind various groups of friends. After awhile, he stopped hearing stories about her from different blokes. Since the second week of October, Ginny had stopped snogging everyone. They wondered if she had a secret boyfriend – but none of them were even close to the truth. The Weasley didn't have a boyfriend and hadn't given up snogging. Since October the 10th, she'd been snogging one person exclusively.

Draco Malfoy.

He wondered what his musings would get him. Sure, he could remind Ginny of their past together. However, the last time he tried it hadn't gone over well with her. She'd misunderstood him – he wasn't accusing her of being loose, he was only trying to understand why. Why him, of all people. Especially since Precious Potter seemed more than willing to step into a committed, official relationship with her.

Not that he should question her motives. He'd won the prize. Ginny didn't leave him for any sort of relationship with Potter. According to her answers earlier that morning, she'd casually dated a few gits since she finished Hogwarts eight years ago. Even after he'd been brutally honest about his history, Ginny didn't admit to anything. The casual fling seemed to suit her. As far as Draco knew, she was never one for a serious relationship. She was aware she was a beautiful witch and knew how to use that to her advantage. Since their marriage on Tuesday, Ginny had openly flirted with him. She'd kissed him and teased him, for the whole world to see. She'd even been quite intimate with him in his flat.

Well, as intimate as two people can be without a bit of how's your father. Draco knew without a doubt she was attracted to him. The same pull from Hogwarts still existed. Then, he'd been too cowardly to see where it might lead – but now, he had her exactly where he wanted her.

She was already sharing his home, taking up his space like it was her own. He wondered how much effort it would take to get her into his bed as well. Not that he wanted a quick shag – if he did, some random witch would more than take care of his needs. He could probably even find one with flowing red hair and light brown eyes.

No, with Ginny, Draco found he wanted it all. He knew without a doubt she was the one for him. Now, he only needed to convince her of it.

The sun was high in the sky when Draco found a small outdoor café to have his tea. He purchased a copy of the Prophet preparing to amuse himself with the stories about their marriage. On the front page alone, there were three different stories detailing what they did. Wasn't there any real news for them to report? As he skimmed the main article, Draco was surprised the press didn't know exactly what they'd had to drink the night before.

As he took his tea, Draco found himself continuously drawn to the picture on the front page. There was a large photo from outside the club the previous night. As he expected, it was the picture of his hand wound possessively around her waist. Her body was lined with his and they both seemed completely in tune with the other. His face was turned towards her, leaning close and whispering something that amused her greatly. His comment had meant to throw her off guard, hopefully earning a playful moment for the press. Instead, he'd earned one of the hardest erections of his life.

Just thinking of it now brought some life to his lower extremities.

Draco knew the public would follow their marriage closely. A Weasley and a Malfoy was the last thing anyone expected – the very idea of the two of them in love was a sight to behold. They made a smashing couple and he wasn't convinced it was all a lie. Whatever existed between him and the littlest Weasley was real. She sparked to life something in him he long thought dead.

Draco finished his tea, thinking of the best way to use the information to his advantage. Could he court his wife using the press? Make their relationship as public as possible? It was imperative everyone thought it was real. If the press wanted to follow them wherever they went, then Draco knew it would always have to appear to be a real relationship.

Could he make Ginny fall in love with him while the whole world watched?

He stood and dropped a few galleons on the table; a bit satisfied he had some sort of plan. It wasn't a very good one, but for now it would have to do.

As he prepared to Apparate home, in his mind Draco was already thinking of how she would look, her red hair lying across his pillows, her body naked in his bed. With a satisfied smirk, he went home to his wife.
Leave a Review