"Draco? Is that you?"

Her husband slipped his wand into his pocket. "In the living room," he called into the apartment. Draco thought about trying to find her, but a moment later Ginny came through the kitchen door. He eyed the blue dress she was wearing. "That's new."

Ginny blushed. "The robes we ordered from Madam Malkin's arrived. I put your things outside your door."

"Why not in my room?"

"You don't want me in there."

"Gin," he started. But what could he say? Wasn't it just yesterday he'd told her that?

"It's nothing. I didn't mind. Do you want some tea?"

Draco started to tell her he'd taken tea already, but found himself nodding. He watched appreciatively as she disappeared into the kitchen again. He was about to follow her and offer some assistance when there was a knock on the door.

Who could it be, he wondered. They weren't expecting anyone – at least Ginny hadn't mentioned it. Assuming it was his mother or a messenger from her, he opened it. Draco was greeted with a large bouquet of ugly, smelly flowers.

Potter.

"Ginny, you have a visitor." Draco didn't bother to invite the hero of the wizarding world inside. Harry ignored his host and stepped inside, closing the door.

The redhead appeared a moment later, holding a wooden tray with tea for two on it. "Harry!" She quickly put the tea on the billiards table. Draco rolled his eyes as his nemesis embraced his wife. He sat back on the couch, having already decided he wasn't leaving the git alone with Ginny.

"To what do owe this visit, Potter?"

"Draco, be nice," Ginny warned.

Once the idiot took his paws off her, Draco reached up and wrapped his hand around her wrist. He tugged gently and Ginny found herself falling backwards into his lap. Draco smiled smugly and wrapped an arm possessively around her waist. "So, Potter, were you in the neighborhood and decided to stop by?"

"I'm here to see Ginny, Malfoy."

"Look, love, he knows your name. Ginny Malfoy."

She turned and glared at her husband, but didn't say anything. "Harry, it was so sweet of you to bring flowers."

Draco tightened his hold on her waist. The stupid git – bringing a new bride flowers! Didn't he know it was in bad taste to openly court someone who was married? "Yes, Potter. They're very sweet. I'm sure there's a can in the loo we can stick them in."

"Draco." He didn't miss the warning in her voice, but chose to ignore it. "Harry, what're you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in training with Puddlemere for another three weeks."

"Ron owled with the… news." Draco didn't miss the way Boy Wonder sneered the last word. "I thought I might check up on you."

"Oh." Her voice was flat. "Ron sent you. To check up on me. I see."

"Ginny—"

Draco was working very hard to keep the satisfied smirk from his face. So Potter didn't come on his own? The Weasel King sent him…

"It's fine, Harry. But Draco and I were about to have tea, and then we were going to Floo his Mum."

"Gin, let me explain." Harry pushed his glasses up on his nose. "Ron didn't send me. He was a bit concerned, though. One minute you're living by yourself, and the next you're married to a Slytherin."

"His name is Draco."

Harry couldn't keep the look of utter loathing off his face. "Gin, we're just trying to understand. This is all so sudden, announcing your engagement, then basically eloping the next day. Ron says you haven't even been by to visit your Mum. This isn't like you at all."

"How would you know?" she asked coldly.

"Ginny, I'm not trying…" Harry hesitated. "I'm not trying to be mean, I just want to understand. We all want to understand."

"All?" she questioned.

"Your family, Hermione, and me. We're all concerned."

"Concerned," she echoed. "I bet." Draco could feel the tension in her and tightened his grip on her waist. Potter was her friend, so it was her call. But if the git upset her any more, he'd physically throw him out. Damn the consequences. "Harry, as I already told you, Draco and I we're about to have tea. I think you should go."

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" he questioned. "Something you're too embarrassed to share with your family? The people who care about you?"

"Care about me." Her voice was completely flat. "You care about me."

"Ginny, you know I adore you."

"What I know," she said, her voice hardened, "is that you never knew I existed until I grew tits my fifth year. And then every time you attempted conversation with me, it was with them and not me. I would like it if you'd leave now."

The black-haired git started to reply, but Draco was already on his feet. "My wife asked you to leave, Potter."

"Ginny doesn't know what she's saying, Malfoy." Harry raised himself to his full height, dropping the hand holding the flowers to his side. "Or doing."

"You know nothing about our marriage. You know nothing about us. What's more, you know nothing about her. So take your feeble excuses and get the hell out of our home."

"You can't keep her here, locked away as your prisoner, Malfoy. Her family won't allow that."

Draco sneered. "If you could read, then you'd know I haven't locked her away anywhere. But we are on our honeymoon, so if we want to lock ourselves away it's perfectly acceptable." He withdrew his wand from his robe. "Leave now, Potter."

Harry didn't move until Ginny stood from the couch and came to stand behind Draco. She took his free hand in both of hers, joining them. Harry put the flowers on the edge of the couch and sighed heavily before turning and walking away. The door clicked shut behind him.

"I'm sorry," Ginny apologized quietly.

Draco dropped his wand and turned to face her. When she tried to pull away from him, he tugged her forward. "For what?"

"Harry. Ron. My whole family." She bit down on her lower lip. "I never expected this from them."

"Gin, your family doesn't like me. Potter and Granger don't like me. I've given them reasons for that. Don't apologize. If anyone should apologize, it's me."

"You done nothing wrong!"

"I dragged you into this. Because of my father, your married to a man you don't love—"

"Draco," she cut him off. For a moment he allowed himself to be hopeful, thinking she might contradict him. "There's no excuse for what Harry just did. No one should come into your home and attack you."

He shrugged. "It doesn't matter."

"It matters to me," Ginny admitted quietly.

Draco wasn't quiet sure what to say. At that moment, he had an overwhelming urge to wrap her in his arms and kiss her. But he knew it was too soon. He'd come up with a tentative plan earlier and it was too soon to abandon it. Ginny felt most at ease with him when other people were watching – if he was going to win her affection, he wouldn't be able to do it alone. "Whatever happened to the tea?"

She was relieved when he didn't comment. Ginny was curious what he might think about her quiet admission, but at the same time fearful. What if she admitted too much? Pulling away from his embrace, she rounded the couch and went straight for the tray. "Where did you go earlier?"

"Diagon Alley. I had business to take care of at Gringotts."

"Oh."

He reached into his robe pocket and produced a small golden key. Carved on one side were the numbers 431. "This is a key to my vault. While I was there, I added your name to my account. Anything you need the money is available to you."

"Draco—"

"Ginny, there is more money in that vault than one person can spend in a lifetime. Not only did I inherit most of the Black family fortune, my Mum has been siphoning off what she can from Father for nearly eight years now. I'm not going to spend it, so I don't see why you can't have some."

"Because it's not mine."

"You're my wife. Once we divorce, you'll get half of everything anyway."

"What?" she nearly choked on her tea. "I don't want a Knut from you!"

"It wasn't something we discussed, but that's typically how it's done. You'll get half of everything." Draco was sure he was falling more in love with her every minute. It was clear she didn't want his money.

"Draco, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking your money."

"There's only one solution, then."

"What's that?"

He took a sip of his tea, before carefully placing the cup back on the saucer. "We'll never divorce."

"Wh—what?"

"The only way you can avoid taking half of everything is by staying married to me." Which, of course, wasn't true. He was certain his solicitors could have easily drafted some sort of pre-marriage agreement. Only he didn't want one. Waiting on his father meant he was constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop, a situation he had no control over. But this situation he did have control over. By the time Ginny realized he wasn't being entirely honest with her, she'd be head over feet in love. The idea of a divorce wouldn't even be considered.

All in all, he was rather satisfied with the way things were going. Draco leaned back against the couch, staring up at the ceiling. Ginny was obviously still processing what he'd told her about the divorce. She sat to his right, quietly drinking her tea. Turning to look at her, Draco couldn't stop the smile.

"Say, Gin, are you up for a game of billiards?"
Leave a Review