Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Chapter 2: Escaping to Paradise

Like a little child on Christmas morning, I tore through all my presents. But then, I opened Draco’s and then I almost cried. It didn’t matter what everyone else had gotten me, as nice as everything else was. All I cared about was that Draco did really care and he wasn’t dating me just to get at Harry. It took a while but I finally convinced my mum and dad to allow me to go with Draco to Sicily for the rest of summer holiday. Well maybe a little more than that. It was after Draco left from my birthday party and…


“But mum, I’m sixteen! It’s not like I’m gonna have sex with him! We are just gonna go there and relax before his last year and my sixth! Please!” Ginny begged. Molly had spent years trying to build up an immunity to that puppy dog pout face. But all those years went to waste as she started to cave into her only daughter.

“Well… I’ll have to talk to your father and we’ll discuss it and take into consideration your feelings,” Molly reasoned. She wondered to herself if she had a backbone. Seeing her sixteen year-old daughter begging and pleading to be with her boyfriend reminded her of those years spent trying to convince her own parents that Arthur was suitable for her. Ah, those were the days, she thought. She finished helping Ginny clean off the table in dead silence. If a pin had dropped, it would sound like a gunshot. That silence was finally broken after what seemed like a decade by Ron.

“Mum, is there any more cake? I’m still hungry,” Ron asked.

“Sorry, Ron. But there is some chicken leftover on the counter,” suggested Molly.

Ginny was tired and decided to turn in early and go to bed. She took off her heels and sighed, It feels so good to have these off. She started changing into her nightgown when she heard a pop. There she was, practically naked, and someone just Apparated into her room. She went to turn to see who it was when whoever it was wrapped their arms around her.

“Get dressed,” said a familiar, husky, male voice. “We are leaving tonight, whether your parents agree or not.” It was so hard for him not to order her to get dressed, but he knew her parents would never approve. She appeared out of her bathroom in a silky black dress and he almost said that was surely as good as before, but he held his tongue. She was just about ready to Apparate out of her room with him when she thought she should leave a note for her family. She quickly scribbled it telling her family not to worry; that she’d be ok. After she threw the note on her bed, she hugged Draco and they were out of there. There was a quick flash of white light followed by a long tunnel of multicolored lights. Suddenly, the sound of the ocean filled her ears, the smell of salt made its way to her nose, waves washed over her feet, and the warmth of Draco around her made her feel that is where she belonged.

“Welcome to Malfoy villa on the coast of Sicily,” said Draco as he introduced Ginny to the island. He led her up to the house and showed her to her room. The path up to the room was covered with lavish tapestries, coats-of-arms, and immense, hand-painted pictures of people she could only assume were his relatives.

“Just follow the steps,” he instructed. “Your room is the first on the right.” With Draco’s instructions in mind, she began her long assent up the tower. As she climbed higher, the staircase became narrower and darker, with the only light coming from the small windows. It was light enough that she could see the step in front of her, but dark enough that she could not tell where the stairs ended. After what seemed like a few hours, she finally made it to the top of the tower and into her room. It was decorated in lush, voluptuous pillows in many shades of green, soft as a kitten’s fur carpeting in pure white, and a massive mirror that not only reflected her image but also diffracted rays of light to make little rainbows. As she walked further into her room, she saw the most wonderful bay window in the world. Connected to the window was a quaint sofa covered in down pillows and upholstered in velvet. As wonderful as the window seat was, Ginny realized there was another thing that made it much better: the view. It was nothing compared to any part of England. As Ginny’s eyes grazed the coastline, full shrubbery, rocky plains, and a deep cerulean colored ocean imprinted themselves into her subconscious. It was the most perfect sight she had ever seen.

Overwhelmed with the beautiful sight, she decided to take a nice, long, hot bath. She drew the bath and quickly changed into her robe to wait for the green marble tub to fill. Just when it seemed the frothy bubbles were going to overflow, she turned the water off and sank down into the foamy water. Time past slowly as her aches left her body, all her worries left her brain, and her conscience escape into the water.

From the tub, she watched the sunset far below the horizon and knew she had soaked long enough: She guessed four hours. But it felt so nice that she told herself five more minutes. Just as she said that, all the lights went out.
To Be Continued.
bellaroma8806 is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Canzone d'amore also liked 100 other stories.
Leave a Review