Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters you may recognize from the wonderful world of Harry Potter; they belong to J.K.Rowling.

*There may be a scene in this chapter that some may not like. The first and last sentence are in bold.*

Chapter Three


Return



He walked into the garden and instead of a group of witches greeting him; he was greeted by a shriek.

A blonde girl by the name of Jackie Goldhart ran up to him and hugged him.

‘Oh god.’ He groaned.

Jackie Goldhart was a long time friend. She had been at Hogwarts in her first year, but when her parents split she went to live in the USA with her mum. She was short, with blonde hair and blue eyes. Their mothers were great friends.

“Hello,” Draco said smiling.

“Hey!” Jackie said.

The two stood in an awkward silence.

“So,” Draco said trying to start a conversation. He hadn’t seen her for over six years, what else was he supposed to say?

“I know this is quite a shock, but I’ve come back to attend my seventh year at Hogwarts,” Jackie said not looking at Draco.

“Why?” Draco asked before he could stop himself.

“Well, I wanted to see you, and my mum got a job here. So I had to come back. But maybe I shouldn’t have,” Jackie said head bowed.

‘Me and my big mouth,’ Draco thought.

“I’m glad to see you. It's just a very big shock. Why don’t we sit down and have some tea?” Draco said indicating the white chairs by the roses.

“Okay,” Jackie said softly.

The two of them sat down. They sat in silence once more until a house elf came with tea. When the house elf left the two of them both went for the same cup.

Their eyes locked, and instantly they started to laugh. It wasn’t long before the two of them were engaged in a conversation.

~*~

Narcissa peered out the library window smiling. She was glad that Jackie was back. She liked Jackie. Hopefully Draco would fall in love with her, instead of the horrible girl that he was dating now.

“Narcissa?” a voice asked behind her.

Narcissa jumped from the voice, and then slowly shut the blue lacy curtains. She turned around to look at a man.

“Come here.” The man said harshly.

Narcissa practically ran over to her husband.

Lucius Malfoy towered over his wife. He was smirking, something which scared her. When Narcissa reached him, he grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the room.

Narcissa was holding back tears of pain. She knew where Lucius was taking her. The bedroom, and she was terrified.

Lucius practically threw her in the room when they reached the bedroom.

Narcissa’s head hit the bed. She fell to the ground. Slowly she reached her arm up to her head. She could feel the gash, and the blood.

“Get up,” Lucius snarled looking at her in disgust. He then turned to lock the bedroom door, and cast a silencing charm.

She got up.

Lucius walked up to his wife and slapped her. Once again she fell to the ground. Smiling he grabbed her by the hair, and tore off her shirt. Narcissa had tears running down her face, as her husband tore off her dress pants. Grabbing her bra he ripped it off, causing streaks of blood to appear on her breasts.

“Where’s Draco?” Lucius whispered into her ears,

“Outside, in the garden,” Narcissa said quietly.

Lucius smiled, and then pulled down his pants, boxers and all.

Narcissa shuddered, before kneeling down to do as he whished.

~*~

“I wonder where mother is?” Draco asked as he and Jackie walked back into the house.

The two of them had been searching for her, for almost an hour. It wasn’t normal for his mother not to be in the library, pretending she wasn't spying. However, when they had reached the library she had not been there. So both Draco and Jackie went to search for her.

Finally the two of them headed back to the kitchen. Maybe she was there waiting for them.

When they reached the kitchen however, Lucius Malfoy greeted them with a smile.

“Hello,” Lucius said smirking slightly.

“Hello Mr. Malfoy,” Jackie said cautiously. She had never liked him.

“Hello father,” Draco said. “Have you seen mother?”

Just then Narcissa entered the room, her face plastered with a fake smile. There was no evidence of what had conspired earlier on her body.

“I’m right here Draco. Did you need something?” Narcissa asked her son.

“No, I was just wondering where you were,” Draco said eyes his mother, looking for something that may be wrong.

As far as he could tell, there was nothing wrong with her. The Malfoys’ were very good at hiding their emotions.

Draco sighed and sat down. Jackie sat down beside him.

Narcissa smiled at this. She really hoped that the two of them would go out.

“What brings you back to England, Jackie?” Lucius asked.

“My mother has a new job here, Mr. Malfoy,” Jackie trying not to look at him.

“What is the job?” Lucius asked, looking right at her.

Jackie started to shift uncomfortably in her chair.

Draco noticed this and said, “Jackie’s mother is going to be the editor of the Daily Prophet.”

“How interesting, Draco. But I do believe that I asked Jackie that question,” Lucius snarled at his son.

“Sorry father. I couldn’t help it,” Draco said softly.

“Well next time try to keep your mouth shut,” Lucius snarled once more, before getting out of his chair at the end of the table.

The table was really long. It was not a normal table one would usually find in a kitchen. However, when Lucius had his business meetings, the table came in handy. The table was made from one of the most expensive woods there was. Carved on each leg was a serpent, and in the middle of the table, instead of there being a bouquet of flowers there was a statue of Medusa. The snakes in her hair were real, so the moved when someone came near.

“Where are you going, Lucius?” Narcissa asked her husband quietly.

“To my study. No one is to bother me, unless I call on him or her. Is that clear?” Lucius asked the room.

There were three-muttered yeses before he left with a swish of his black cloak.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



AUTHOR'S NOTES

Many thanks to my beta reader Jen!
Also, a huge thank you to all my readers!
Thanks for the reviews! =D

~Natasha
To Be Continued.
ronlover is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked The Band Must Go On also liked 544 other stories.
Leave a Review