Draco glared over the rim of his cup at the red haired figured curled in the arm of the chair across from him. His not quite girlfriend had been hiding behind enormous tomes all afternoon and muttering strange things about different cuts and likely fabrics. He was disgruntled by this since just last week they had a lively discussion about the upcoming Yule Ball that had ended in him smashing a vase and her raising an eyebrow in a manner that was definitely not Weasley.

“I told you I am not taking you to that thrice damned dance!”


Ginny rolled her eyes and set down the book of patterns she had been flipping through. She eyed him wearily then stood and tugged at the hem of her skirt. She really did not want to repeat the argument they had been having on and off for the last month.

“I know.”

Distracting him was her only option. She walked to where he was sprawled out on his bed and placed a hand on his leg. She smiled coyly at him, reached up and pulled the quill holding her bun in place out. Her long red hair tumbled down her back as she crawled up the bed towards him. She lowered her body onto his and pressed hot kisses up the side of his neck.

“Then why are you still pouring over those books?”

There was a sneer in his voice that set her teeth on edge. She breathed deeply and counted to fifteen.

“Because I am going with Neville.” She watched she his jaw tightened. He opened his mouth to say something scathing but she stopped him with a raised hand. “We have been over. I had hoped you had realized that I am not going to change my mind just because you want me to.”

Again she tried to sidetrack him, sucking him into a mind blowing kiss. She pulled back from him and set about loosening his tie and unbuttoning his shirt. She ran her hands over his newly exposed chest and laughed at the strangled sound he made as her fingernails circled his nipples.

She smiled again, certain that the things she was doing to his body would keep his mind from thinking and his mouth from saying all the things she didn’t want to hear. So certain, in fact, that when he did speak it angered her far more than it should have.

“You are not going with that prat.” He snarled at her.



“I am not being escorted by you; I am not having a temper over Pansy; and I am certainly not running about trying to rule your life. So why do you insist on doing so?”

Draco lounged on a pillow and smirked. The frustration in her voice had not gone unnoticed. She wanted him to give in, to let her spend the night on the arm of the biggest flobberworm he had even met, and she wanted it now. There was nothing more intriguing to him then to see her in the process of slowly building to rage. He remained quiet, letting the silence drag out between them.

“Fine,” she said after a twenty minuet staring match. “Just see where that sort of attitude gets you.”

Ginny jumped up from between his legs and whirled about reaching for her wand. A quick spell later all her books were in her bag and her robe was back on. She picked up her tie and her fingers fastened the knot faster then he had ever seen. When she was finished dressing she stalked over to the bed and stood fiery eyed before him.

“I am not coming here again until you change your stance Malfoy. I told you at the start of this that I was not yours to control and that still holds true.”

He frowned at the strength in her voice. She turned to leave but he was off of the bed and pressing her back into the door before she knew what had happened. His eyes peered into hers as his grip tightened.

“I don’t fancy fucking in the halls love.” His word were a velvet covered fist, his breath came hot on her cheeks.

“Ah, now that would be cutting if you and I were actually having sex.” Ginny blew a strand of hair out of her eyes then continued. “But since we aren’t… Well let’s just say that not snogging you won’t be that big of a sacrifice.”

She leaned her head against the varnished oak of the door and smiled cattily at him. Then she made her eyes go wide and innocent as she snuck her hand between his legs and cupped him gently.

“Poor Draco, all ready with no where to go.”

Draco closed his eyes and groaned as she squeezed. His grip on her arms loosened and then fell away as he leaned in to softly kiss her lips. When he broke the kiss he pulled back and searched her eyes.

“Are you so sure that you won’t miss this?” He said as he pressed his body firmly against hers.

“Of course I will miss it you great prat.” Ginny said in exasperation as she maneuvered herself out from between the door and his body. “I just don’t think it will be much of a punishment not to have it.” She threw him a cheeky grin and was out the door before he thought to stop her.

~}~}~


You are mine. The words echoed about in her head long after she had fled the room and the temptation it contained. He had not said them but words like that went unspoken between them. Nothing she did or said made any difference.

She closed her eyes and pulled her blankets over her head. The heavy fabric embraced her and she felt the tension of the day slowly drain from her. She knew she was provoking him but she could not help it. She was just so sick of being in the shadows.

Ginny heard the door to the room creak open and groaned. The other girls who shared her room would not bother her but she knew without a doubt that they had not been the ones who opened the door. If it had been them the door would have slammed into the wall and the room would have filled with giggles and hushed whispers about this boy or that robe.

Instead only the sound of soft footsteps floated to her. Footsteps coming ever nearer to her bed. She felt a weight settle to one side of her and a hand rest on her calf. She flipped down the covers and glared at the bushy haired girl sitting on the edge of her bed. Then she crawled over and put her head in the other girl’s lap.

“Do you love him then?”

Ginny started at the barely audible words. She opened her mouth to demand how Hermione knew and then snapped it shut when she realized there was no way that she could.

“I am not sure,” she said honestly. “He vexes me so much Hermione. He makes me want to rip out my hair and throw a tantrum, but then he smiles and all I can think of his how right being with him seems. I know it is foolish, he never notices if I have on nice robes or if I have changed my hair, but still I doll myself up just for him.

I find myself standing in a hallway that I know he will be walking down or talking extra loud to a friend about my plans for the Yule Ball whenever he is close enough to overhear. I don’t know if it is love. But whatever this it is, it’s strong.

I feel like I am drowning in him and I have no desire to save myself.” She looked up into the earnest eyes of her friend and sighed. “What am I going to do?”

“Ginny I don’t really have any advice for you,” Hermione said as she ran her fingers through the long red hair resting on her lap. “All I can say is keep trying. I know he is interested in Cho right now but I am sure that one day soon he will realize what a blessing you are.”

Ginny started sputtering and squirmed up. She felt her cheeks become flushed and she bit her lower lip as she contemplated her next move. She did not want to tell Hermione about Draco, but she wanted to sit and listen to Hermione reassure her about Harry even less.

Hermione mistook the redness of Ginny’s cheeks as confirmation of her theories and smiled at proof that she was right. She reached out and squeezed her friend’s hand.

“Don’t worry Gin. If it is true love it will happen. Nothing stops true love. Not time, not space, not even the end of life. If it is meant to be then it will be. It might not be tomorrow; it might not even be for another fifteen years, but when the time is right things will fall into place.” She wrapped Ginny in a tight hug and then pulled away. “It’s time for dinner. We had best be going.”

“Is it really?” she asked with a sigh. Then she put on a fake smile and followed her friend out of the room.
Leave a Review