“What the devil were you thinking Gin!” Draco blustered as he pushed the girl deeper into his mattress. “A Bat-Bogey Hex I ask you.” He kissed her laughing lips and ground his hips into hers.

Ginny pushed her breasts into his chest and grinned at the moan the motion tore from Draco. She brought her lips to his neck and started kissing her way down to where his neck and shoulders met. She squirmed under him as he held her hands over her head and then nipped the rounded muscle of his upper arm. She bucked her hips into his and let her eyes do the talking while she marked his skin with her mouth.

“What am I going to do with you Gin?” He said before releasing her arms and bringing his hands to rest in the tangled web of her hair.

“Do with me? Why on earth would you want to do anything with me?” she asked with a sneer. “You know that you and I are firmly on opposite sides now.”

“You cannot be serious Gin. You know as well as I do that…”

“Don’t say it Malfoy.” She said in a voice that border on dangerous. “We agreed not to let the outside world invade on what we have going. I don’t want to hear you rail on about ‘The Noble Cause’ and you don’t want to listen to me singing the praises of ‘Perfect Potter’ and his lot.”

“True.”

“So let us leave the rhetoric outside along with our disdain for each other, humm?”

“Gin, you know I side with power. It is nothing personal.” He gave a cocky little grin as he peered down into her steely brown eyes. He lowered his mouth to hers again and felt satisfaction well up in him as she gave a soft moan of pleasure.

He let himself drift amid the sensations and had to force himself to pull away before things went too far. He stared at her reddened lips for a while trying to understand what it was about them that captivated him. He watched as they parted slightly and took uncanny delight in the way they moved as her mouth formed words.

With his mind so engaged it took a tad bit longer than normal for those words to sink in.

“Pardon?” He asked though he knew what her reply would be. True to form, she rolled her eyes and then sighed.

“If you paid as much mind to the sounds my tongue produces as you do to the way it looks while doing so you would save us both a good deal of time and energy Malfoy.”

“Ah, but then I would lose the thrill that seeing you vexed gives me. And we wouldn’t want that to happen now would we dearest?”

She snorted and then repeated herself.

“Why do you feel the need to stop Malfoy?”

It was not so much what she said as the way she said it. Her innocent eyes stayed passive and not a single muscle was tense. She lay beneath him as though what she had revealed meant nothing.

“What have you done?” He hissed.

“Nothing more than what many others have.”

His eyes narrowed slightly as he mind tore apart what she had said, willing her words to have some other meaning.

“I don’t believe you.” He said finally. His mouth formed a semblance of a smile as his hands twisted tighter in her hair.

“Believe what you wish Malfoy, you always have.” She said in that icy tone of hers. Her eyes fixed on his and widen slightly at the combination of anger and lust she found in them. Her breath hitched and she hesitated a moment before adding “Your opinion will not change the facts.”

He snapped his eyes closed and willed himself to take hold over the emotions raging through him. Then his right hand flew up the bottom of her skirt. He roughly pushed her knickers to one side and shoved a none to gentle finger deep into her. She let out an appalled gasp at the sensation which quickly turned to a moan of delight as he twisted it.

“Blessed hell Draco.” She groaned.

Draco sucked in a breath at her use of his name and instantly pulled his hand from her. In spite of, or maybe because of, what his fingers could not find he did not want their first time to happen like this.

Then she let out a soft whimper at his abrupt removal of his finger and all his good intentions went up in flames.

His mind burned with a need to brand her as his. He might not be the first to have had her but, damn it; he was going to be the best. He let all rational thought be turned to ash by the heat of her body and stopped only long enough to wring a desperate yes out of her before giving in to what he had been craving since he first held her pressed against him two long years before.

~@~@~


He wanted to hold her afterwards, wanted her to acknowledge for one second that there was something more than the physical between them, but as always her answer was no. She just continued to pull on her skirt when he asked her to stay. Then she dropped an obligatory kiss on his cheek before she slid her arms into her robes and walked calmly from his room.

There had been a strange air about the events of that evening that had him wondering what it was he had missed. Draco did not know what it was about her that nagged at him. There was something he was tempted to call practiced in her manner, as if she were an actor playing a part without the conviction to make it seem probable. His mind combed over the details of the night trying to identify what it was that rang false but could not for the life of him figure out what it might be.

He felt his brow furrow and ran a distracted hand through his hair. Nothing had been going right this week. He was dragged out of his bed bright and early Monday morning by that vile Umbridge woman for ‘special duties’ which translated into an hour and a half of him listening to her spew nonsense about the way the world should be while pretending to be entranced by her little girl airs.

Then on Tuesday he had been pounced upon by Pansy and her group of simpering simpletons. He spent all of breakfast with her arms about his waist and her spiteful gossip filling his ears. Halfway through the meal he noticed his Gin with another boy’s arm draped casually over her shoulders and a silly little grin decorating her face. His food had instantly lost all taste.

Then there on Wednesday there was Care of Magical Creatures with Gryffidor, which meant sitting through hours of Potter being babied and the one-sided completion between himself and Granger that he steadfastly refused to give up for lost.

Thursday was spent scowling across the Great Hall as Gin laughed with her flavor of the week. Crabbe attempted to cheer him up with an accurate impersonation of ex-Professor Trelawney’s face when she received her notice but somehow it paled in comparison to the sunny looks his girl was giving the flobberworm she was dating.

Friday was a blur up to the point where she kissed him in the hall right before hitting him with the most impress hex he had seen from her to date.

It seemed only fitting that such a week would end like this. He lay alone in his bed and tried to ignore the feeling of loneliness that overtook him. She had given her virginity to another. No matter what he might think about witches’ rights, he simply could not move past that fact.

~@~@~


Ginny didn’t know if she should laugh or cry. She felt her belly tie itself into knots and put a hand to it as if the slight pressure would quell her regrets. Her eyes became distinctly dewy and she gave up all pretence about being happy with the way her plans had gone.

It was entirely his fault. If he hadn’t been going on about how dreadfully boring sex with a virgin was she never would have thought there was anything wrong with her being one. But time after time he would moan about this girl lying still as a stick or that one crying over a little blood. During his rants she would laugh and say all the right things, but afterwards his spiteful words ate at her.

When she realized that there was no one she could image herself having sex with other then him she knew she had to do something. And so she spent hour upon hour trapped in the library looking up any thing that even remotely mentioned a witch’s virgin night. She had done her research well and all her hard work paid off in the form of an arcane spell meant to restore what had been lost.

With some help from an unknowing Hermione, Ginny had reworked the spell to give the illusion of a missing hymen instead of an intact one. For months before tonight she had worried that he might somehow detect what she had done, but the moment of truth had come and gone and he was none the wiser.

Now she was lying alone in her bed wondering if it had been worth it. She knew what she was doing when she cast the spell and she certainly knew how he would react, but that did not keep her from casting it. She gave up on stifling the sobs and cast a silencing spell on her bed. Then she hid her face in the pillows and learned again what regret was all about.
Leave a Review