She stood in front of the mirror and stared at what she saw reflected in it. Her hair was tousled and her lips swollen. Her eyes were half lidded, her skin was a smooth alabaster marred by patches of red. She touched one and flinched as the pressure stung the raw flesh. Her gaze shifted from her image to the room behind her.

The bed was a tangle of sheets and covers. The dark green of the satin stood out in stark contrast to the golden hued skin of the man therein contained. Her eyes narrowed as she let them skim over his sleeping form. Perfection. She sighed and turned away from the mirror.

The floor was littered with articles of clothing. She bit her lip as she tried to remember what had been tossed where but her memories of the previous night focused only on the sensations he had sent through her as they were removed and not on what he had done with them afterwards. A few minuets of searching later she spotted her bra under a chair and her knickers balled up beside it.

She bent to scoop up her undergarments and stopped halfway down when she heard him calling out her name. She straightened and faced the bed, her body tingling at the sound of it. There was something insidious about the way her name fell from his lips. No matter how many times she heard it she still fell prey to its lure.

He had pushed himself to sitting and was glaring at her in a manner that didn’t bode well for her. She winced at his bored expression as his eyes roamed over her body. He smiled and she shuddered. Long acquaintance with his moods had taught her only too well what that seemingly sweet expression meant. He patted the bed next to him and she reluctantly obeyed.

“I have to go. It’s after one and I need to be in my bed when they wake.”

His smile went feral. She clamped her mouth shut but it was too late. He reached over and ran his hand down her side. She trembled as she tried to stifle a moan. Silently she cursed her traitorous body and the sensuous web her lover had caught her in. She stared vacantly at him while his hands traced the path his eyes had taken just moments before.

She could stay for another hour at most. She had to be in her bed, preferably sound asleep, when the morning came and two of her roommates were early risers. This meant that she had to leave before three am. If she wanted to maintain the illusion that she was everything she ought to be, that is.

He knew this as well but knowing did not mean accepting and so each night they fought an unspoken battle. If she tried to leave too soon things would get downright nasty. His definition of ‘too soon’ kept getting later and she was well aware that sometime in the near future things would reach a head. She let her eyelids flutter shut as thoughts of what was surely to come filled her mind.

“Ginny.”

He said it again and fire ran through her veins. She licked lips gone dry and murmured something soothing. She felt his hands move up to her breasts. She gave a slight moan as he circled her nipples with his calloused fingertips and her eyes flew open when he pinched each one in turn. It was painful enough to cause tears to well up in her eyes but with the pain came an equal amount of pleasure.

It was all a game to him.

No matter how much she wanted it to be more. It was only a game. Some things just weren’t meant to be and this was one of them. She let a little bit of the resentment she felt show and was rewarded with a sharp intake of breath. She curved her lips into a semblance of a smile as prey became predator.

“Yes Malfoy.”

Her voice was tinged with distaste and mocking. Something flashed in his steely eyes in response to it but was gone so quickly she could not decipher what it had been. She felt an icy pain in the center of her chest and went numb inside as she leaned into his touch.

This was not right.

It had not been for so long now that she would not remember what it was that had interested her in him to begin with. She mentally snorted. Had she reached the point where she needed to lie to herself to make it all better? Surely she was not yet that far gone. Soon though. The thought snaked through her like poison.

His face was so close to hers now that she could feel his breath on her lips. The faint traces of it tickled her mouth. She was drawn to him. There was nothing about him that did not attract her in some small way. His face was a picture of noble birth, his body a tribute to the wonder that was quidditch. His slightly roughened fingers never failed to send shivers down her spine and his tongue and teeth were always put to the best use possible.

As she opened her mouth to ready herself for his kiss her mind reared back. ‘This was not what I have been raised for’ it screamed. She was no man’s mistress; she was not the sort of girl one played around with. Her mother had drummed into her head what was expected of her and being the paramour of the son of her father’s nemesis was not it. But her body paid her brain no mind.

She wanted his touch.

She wanted it far more than even he knew. That was the root of the problem. At the start of this his arms had been one of the few places that she found happiness. Now that wasn’t true. She reviled in the pleasure and pain, she lapped up the jaded comments and the snide remarks, but nothing he did made her happy. At least not the mind numbing sort of joy that he use to give her from an honest smile.

He pulled back with a puzzled expression on his face. He raised a hand and brushed a strand of hair out of her face while she continued to stare at him. He opened his mouth as if to say something then thought better of it and snapped it shut again. He cocked his head to the side and gave her a schoolboy’s smile. Its practiced innocence cut her in ways that his cold sneer never could.

“I love the way you look after I’ve had you.” He smirked at her startled expression and bent his head to nuzzle at her neck. “God Gin, no one does it for me quite like you.” He bit down hard on the spot where her neck joined with her shoulders and drew blood. He sucked gently at the wound for a long moment then kissed it and pulled away.

“I have to go.”

His eyes flashed again at her flat words.

“Fuck that.”

She was surprised at the amount of venom in his tone. They had an unofficial agreement that when she said it was time for the night’s entertainments to end he let her go without a fuss.

“I’m sick of this Gin. What are you afraid of? No one notices you. I know for a fact that the only time anyone pays any attention to you at all is when you are of some use to them. Who did you think will miss you if you aren’t in bed? Your roomies will just assume you woke early. They aren’t your friends; they won’t care that you did not wait to walk down with them. The only person who will think anything is off at all will be Neville, and he already knows where you spend your nights.”

The last sentence was said in a barely contained roar and she paled slightly at the sound of it.

“Stop playing like you are a good girl, mistress mine. You know as well as I that any claim you had to that title ended a good two years ago when you first snuck into my bed.” He gave a chilling laugh and captured her lips again.

The kiss was painful, all tongue and teeth, but it stirred her still. She let him push her back into the pillows knowing that something fundamental had changed between them. This relationship had never been a meeting of equals but it had also never put one partner’s preferences before the other. Now it appeared that Draco was being given the upper hand. She willed her eyes to stay dry as yet another link in the chain that bound her to him was formed.

She felt him slide into her with a force he typically avoided. She wrapped her legs around his back and begged him to make it hurt. He grunted at her words and threw back his head. She ran a hand down his back, her nails grazing him hard enough to leave vivid red marks. He growled something possessive and she felt a piece deep inside of her snap. Her eyes narrowed as she watched him move above her. She frowned as the frantic pounding increased and mentally assessed the way she should have been feeling right then. Whatever her reaction was it defiantly should not have been the bored detachment she was experiencing. A second later he shifted his hips and the new sensation sent waves of satisfaction through her. She felt her eyes roll back as the intense pleasure of it sucked her down.

When it was over he rolled off her and pulled her limp body close to his. His arms tightened around her as his breathing slowly returned to normal.

“Gin?”

The question was not voiced but she knew what it was anyway.

“I’ll stay Malfoy.”

His hands squeezed hers for a moment then he released them and raised himself onto one arm. He looked down at her in a way that caused her breath to catch. There was something there, something that caused the anger and possessive rage she saw clearly in his eyes.

“What happened yesterday? You left lunch early and did not meet us after dinner. Blaise and Millie told me not to worry so I didn’t, but something has clearly gotten under your skin.” She ran a finger down his chest and laughed as he swatted at it.

“Be still woman or I won’t answer your question.” She laughed again as he started tracing patterns in her freckles. “I just found out what the surprise my mother kept going on about is. Nothing of great import really, just that they have decided on a suitable wife for me.”

“What!” She reared up from the bed and shoved him down into the mattress. She swung a leg over his body and settled herself quite comfortable on his hips. “Now see here Mr. Malfoy that is hardly ‘nothing of great import’! I want all the facts and I want them now.” She rocked her hips suggestively and snickered at his body’s reaction.

“If you insist”

“Which I do.”

“Do not interrupt me. As I was saying, my parents have signed a binding agreement with the parents of the girl in question and the betrothal period has begun. I now have two to three years, give or take, to woo said strumpet before the magic of the contract takes effect and we are compelled to marry.”

“Humm, seems fairly straightforward to me. Any luck finding out the girl’s name?” She punctuated the sentence with a grinding movement and gave a satisfied little smile at the distracted look on his face.

“Pardon? Gin, will you stop that?”

“I said what is her name, and no, I won’t.” She bent her head and licked his nipple before swiftly twitching her hips and burying him to the hilt inside of her. She slid slowly back to sitting and all but purred at the choked sound that accompanied her movement. “Come to think of it, maybe I will.”

“Bloody hell Gin, when did you get so evil?”

“The name Malfoy.”

“Greengrass. I forget what the girl’s first name is. Bit of a slag though, if what Blaise says about her is true. Not at all what I would have picked, but then that was the idea. Now can we please get on with the matter at hand.”

It was not a question and so she did not treat it as one. Instead she focused on driving the aching hurt away the only way she knew how. She pushed the knowledge of his impending marriage to the back of her mind and placed it next to the dust covered fear that she just might have fallen in love. She closed her eyes as she moved over him and her tears mixed with the sweat on his chest.
Leave a Review