“Another year gone by. Another year starting again,” she thought.

The young redheaded girl with brown eyes sighed; eyes that were staring out the window in an empty compartment on the Hogwarts Express. She’d left her friends for some peace. All they could talk about was boys.

“That is what you do when you are young girl and 16 years old,” a little voice inside her head reasoned with her.

“Maybe, but I am not any girl,” she whispered to her voice.

“Really, little Weasel, I didn’t notice,” a familiar voice drawled.

Her eyes left the window, only to stare into a cold, grey sky, into the eyes of Draco Malfoy. Her brown eyes locking with his grey ones. “Sod off, Malfoy.” She looked away from him to stare out the window again.

“I think I’ll be staying here. After all, it is a free country,” he replied as he smirked at her.

“Fine, stay. I’ll go.”

With that, she got up and without as much as a glance his way, she left the compartment. Outside, she sighed and went back to her friends, to listen to them gossip about boys and the other girls in their year.

*****

Inside the compartment, Draco Malfoy, glared at his reflection in the window.

“Now why did you have to go and do that?” his head asked.

“Because she is a Weasley,” he answered.

“Weren’t you going to be nice to people this year? Starting with the female Weasley, would have been a good place to start. After all you did make fun of her all last year,” his head replied.
To Be Continued.
Blackchilder is the author of 0 other stories.

Leave a Review