Author’s Note: ‘K this chapter is gonna feature a PO’d Harry, and Ginny, and a confused Ron.

Disclaimer: Yep….my attempts to buy the rights to Harry Potter failed again---apparently, $20 is not enough—so I still don’t own the rights to the characters

* * * * * *
Ginny passed through the portrait hole on her way to the Great Hall for breakfast. She had avoided Harry so far this morning-he’d been sending letters with Ron-but she knew she’d have to face them sooner or later. It appeared, as she came upon the main staircase that she would be facing them sooner. The two were walking down from the owlery, deep in conversation. Ginny sped up hoping to avoid them. However she bumped into someone. The boy who she bumped into at the head of the staircase turned around and Ginny’s stomach did an odd somersault as she recognized Malfoy. He frowned at her.

She tried to push past but-

“Ginny!”

She groaned, Harry’d spotted her.

“Ginny,” Harry said, striding forward. He looked angry though Ginny couldn’t think why.

“Harry,” she said, a fake smile pasted on her face.

“Where the fuck were you last night?” He demanded.

“Harry!” Ron protested, looking shocked and confused.

“What do you mean?” Ginny said attempting a look of innocence.

“You know perfectly well what I mean!”

Ginny’s temper rose, “Well Harry, I could bloody well ask you the same thing!”

She noted belatedly that all activity had ceased, and everyone was watching the drama unfolding.

Harry looked significantly abashed. “I’m sorry, but if Malfoy’d found me, he would have gotten me suspended from the team - Gryffindor simply can’t afford to lose me.”

“Oh yeah?” Ginny said, her voice rising to a squeak, “Well what about me? You left me there by myself. Am I supposed to be OK with that? Maybe Cho would have been cool with that,” Harry winced at this, “but guess what! I’m NOT! I’m not your fuckin’ Cho, and I’m not bloody OK with that!!!”

A stunned silence met this outburst, and Harry’s face went red as he snarled, “Don’t talk about things you know nothing about.”

“Oh Harry,” Ginny said, giving him a tight-lipped smile that looked more like a grimace, “We all know about Cho.”

“Well,” Harry said furiously, “I know about Malfoy!”

* * *

Ginny heard numerous people gasp, but she forced herself to remain calm- “What are you talking about?”

“You know, the Marauder’s Map doesn’t lie Ginny,” he said cryptically.

Ginny felt her heart sink like a stone, “What?” she said, keeping her voice cool.

“When you didn’t turn up in the common room after about a half an hour, I looked at the Marauders Map-it showed me that you and Malfoy here were up in the astronomy tower, and you were practically on top of one another!”

“Now look here Harry, you’ve no right to spout such lies at my sister!” Ron said angrily.

It broke Ginny’s heart to see Ron so naïve and so defensive. “Ron,” she said quietly, “it’s true.”

Ron gaped at her, “Ginny?”

“All I want to know is what the hell you and Malfoy were doing!” Harry demanded loudly.

Ginny’s mouth opened, but no words came out. She looked to Draco, but he’d disappeared, and she was all alone.

“Harry, you are not dating Ginny and therefore it is none of your business what she does with her time!” Ginny’s neck swiveled, Hermione, who had just stepped from the throng of people had just spoken in her defense. Hermione frowned at Harry, who had opened his mouth, most likely to protest and declare that it was indeed his business. “Harry if you do not move along this second I will deduct 30 points from your house for disruptive behavior in the hallways!”

Harry threw Ginny a glance, and then took off through the crowd – shunting to the side those who were not quick enough to get out of his way. Ron just stood there, looking lost and confused. Hermione swept Ginny up and took her off down a side hallway. She faced Ginny and giving her a hard look said, “Ginny, I’d like to know what is going on.”
Leave a Review