Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. The author does. I am not making any money off of this. Also the lyrics in this fic are owned by Fall Out Boy and are the lyrics to Sugar We’re Going Down.

“Sugar We’re Going Down”

Who would believe Weasley was a good lay?

Am I more than you bargained for yet?

The girl one obviously. But when Draco woke up the next morning after he had finally gotten Ginevra, he expected that he would have to hang around for about a week telling her anything to get her back to bed. That performance definitely needed an encore.

I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear

Then eventually get rid of her like all the others.

Cause that's just who I am this week

What he didn’t expect is what actually happened. He woke up to find no little red head by his side, instead there was a pillow. ‘Maybe’ he thought to himself, ‘the little minx was embarrassed and is planning on avoiding me.’ He threw off his covers and got dressed quickly.

After searching the Great Hall and the Qudditch Pitch he found her lying in the grass by the lake.

Lie in the grass, next to the mausoleum

She glanced up at him when he stood over her blocking the sunlight. “Oh, hey Malfoy.”

He noticed that she didn’t seem embarrassed. ‘So why did she leave me this morning?’ “Hey Gin.”

After a few awkward moments Ginny broke the silence. “So… can I help you with something?”

“Yeah, we’re meeting at 2 o’clock to go to Hogsmeade today. Meet me by the Three Broomsticks.”

“Oh, sorry Malfoy but I can’t. I’m going with Terry Boot. I think we have plans for all day.”

“Catching up with your good friend?” Draco knew he was being stupid, but Ginny, by all his calculations, should be completely infatuated with him by now.

“Oh, no. It’s a date.”

“But I though we…”

“Malfoy… listen what we had last night was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it but…”

“But what, Gin?”

“I don’t think we should be in a relationship. I mean sure you're great in bed but I had no further expectations of you. I mean, to be honest, I know what you’re planning on doing.”

“And that’s what?”

“Lead me around for a week then dump me. Honestly, I just wanted to see how good you were in bed.”

I'm just a notch in your bedpost
But you're just a line in a song


Draco was completely shocked. This was the wrong way. He should be the one who was brushing her off. Also he was kind of looking forward to the week he was going to spend with her. And although he was a little hurt, Draco would never admit it.

Drop a heart, break a name
We're always sleeping in, and sleeping for the wrong team


“Draco, you’re so cocky, I could never have a real relationship with you.”

He was completely offended, which made him forget about his hurt. “So you think I would lead you on for more than one day? I was planning on breaking up with you tonight anyways.”

“Well at least I finished it without the mess… maybe; you’re not going to cry are you, Malfoy?” He knew there were no tears in his eyes but she was starting up their old game.

“For a Blood Traitor? Hell no. And what’s with all this Malfoy shite?” Ginny raised an eyebrow. “I know for a fact that you didn’t scream that name last night.”

We're going down, down in an earlier round
And Sugar, we're going down swinging


“Just remember Malfoy…” Ginny got up and brushed the dirt off her robes. She then got very close to his ear and leaned against him slightly. Draco smelled the same perfume she had worn last night. “You kissed me first.” Ginny whispered it so softly he could barely hear it even though her lips brushed his ear as she spoke.

I'll be your number one with a bullet
A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it


Ginny was shocked when she found that Draco had come looking for her, even more so when she found out that he had wanted to spend the day with her.

Is this more than you bargained for yet?

Draco watched them at the Three Broomsticks. He watched Ginny flirt with Boot and Boot flirt right back.

When Ginny kissed him Draco nearly went over to their table and punched Terry’s face in. No one would have known it was him, he was wearing his invisibility cloak, but it didn’t matter, punching was something muggles did, so it was beneath him.

Draco followed them when they went back to the castle. He couldn’t figure it out but he, for some reason, felt possessive of Ginny.

Draco had no idea where they were going until they reached a portrait and Boot muttered a password. He then realized that they were going into the Ravenclaw Common Room. When they went down some stairs Draco then realized they were going to his dormitory.

He snuck into the closet when they got there and watched them kiss on Terry’s bed.

Oh don't mind me I'm watching you two from the close
Wishing to be the friction in your jeans


Draco realized that he was jealous of Terry Boot. He wanted to kiss Ginny, he had wanted to kiss her since the end of his forth year when he saw how beautiful and talented she was. Not to mention witty.

Isn't it messed up how I'm just dying to be him

‘But it doesn’t matter,’ he thought bitterly. Ginny had broken up with him and had made it more than clear that she had wanted him only for a shag and that was it.

I'm just a notch in your bedpost
But you're just a line in a song


When Draco had resolved to leave he saw something that stunned him. Ginny stopped kissing Terry.

“Terry, I can’t kiss you.”

“Why not?” Terry’s voice was husky.

“I have feelings for someone else, I just can’t do this.” And with that Ginny rushed from the room.

Drop a heart, break a name
We're always sleeping in, and sleeping for the wrong team


Draco rushed out after her, and once out of the Ravencalw Common Room, he tore off his invisibility cloak. He had found her and she was crying with her back resting against the wall. “Ginny?” She looked up, her face was tear-streaked.

“Oh great. This is exactly what I need. What do you want Malfoy?”

“Why are you crying?”

“None of your damn business.”

“Gods, Weasley, you can be such a bitch.”

“All this coming from the great-bouncing ferret? I am not nice to you because you’re not nice to me. Does it not make sense, you bastard?”

We're going down, down in an earlier round
And Sugar, we're going down swinging


“I was just asking why you were crying, does that not make any sense to you?”

“You never cared about me before, not even when we were dating last week. Now, because I put out, you suddenly care for me?”

“Maybe I have always cared for you.”

I'll be your number one with a bullet
A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it


“That’s complete bullshite and you know it!”

“No it’s not!” Ginny was shocked into silence.

Down, down in an earlier round
And Sugar, we're going down swinging


“It’s not true,” Draco said slowly.

I'll be your number one with a bullet
A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it


“But you have already moved on because it was just for the sex,” Draco said, dropping his gaze from hers to stare at the ground.

We're going down, down in an earlier round (Take aim at myself)

“No, I wasn’t thinking when I said that. I actually cared for you. I just knew about your reputation. Breaking up with you was a 'hurt him before he can hurt me' sort of a thing. Save face before you could drop me on it.”

And Sugar, we're going down swinging (Take back what you said)

“Yeah, but it’s my fault for having that reputation. Also, for not fighting for you after you said what you did.”

I'll be your number one with a bullet (Take aim at myself)

“I should have done this instead.” Draco rushed forward and pinned Ginny to the wall by placing his hands on either side of her head. “I should have made you see what you were going to be missing.” Then he kissed her thoroughly.

A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it

A/N: I hope you liked it! Please Review!
To Be Continued.
pinklillies is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Sugar We're Going Down also liked 1196 other stories.
Leave a Review