Ch 5: Mr. & Mrs.



“Ginny! Get your things! We are going to be late!” Mrs. Weasley griped.

“This polish on my nails! It’s not the right color!” Ginny fumed, her face flushed and sweaty.

“Do calm down dear! Let me see,” Mrs. Weasley looked over the fingernails on the hand her daughter presented to her and waved her wand. “Is that better dear?” she said, putting an arm around her frazzled daughter.

“Yes,” Ginny breathed. “I know we’re running behind, I just…. Aaaaaggghhhh! This is so… so BIG!”

“Yes dear, it is. But never you mind. You just concentrate on what’s ahead of you and let the rest of us deal with the particulars. Come on now- get your things. We need to get going.”

“Yes’m,” Ginny said and ran back up the stairs.

*

Draco Malfoy sat on the edge of his bed, staring at the shoes that he needed to get on his feet. For the life of him, he couldn’t remember how to do it. He shook his head. What had he gotten himself into? Sure, he loved her. He loved her more than anything on this Earth but could he really provide for her? Could he really give her everything she deserved? He feared himself inadequate. The knock on his door brought him back to reality.

“It’s open,” he sighed, suddenly remembering how to put on shoes. He flopped backwards, landing on his soft, down bed.

“Hey,” called a male voice. Draco turned his head to the side to see Ron and Harry. Draco grunted something similar to ‘hello.’

“Not having second thoughts are you, mate?” Harry laughed.

“Not about her, no. But about myself, yes. I can’t even believe she chose me! What was she thinking?” He covered his face with his hands.

“I remember feeling the same way on my wedding day,” Ron recalled, looking sad for a moment. Draco sat up.

"This is silly. I am Draco sodding Malfoy, damn it! I am the best thing that could ever happen to her!”

Harry and Ron rolled their eyes and laughed. “Now THAT’S the Draco Malfoy we know!” Harry said.

*

Ginny and her mum were taken to a guest room in Malfoy Manor where Ginny could dress for her wedding, which was to be held out in the lush garden of the Manor.

Mrs. Weasley slipped the protective carrying off of Ginny’s wedding robes with a flick of her wand and watched as her daughter took the robes gingerly from the hanger. Ginny had chosen a mermaid-style robe that was fitted from the bust to the knee, where it flared delicately into a seashell-shaped train in the back. The robes were off-white with beading around the top and the scalloped edge of the train.

“My son will faint when he sees you in that,” said a voice from the guest room door. Narcissa Malfoy had slipped in without either Ginny or her mum noticing. “I hope you don’t mind me popping in. I have a gift,” Narcissa smiled and approached Ginny, holding out a delicately wrapped package.

Ginny smiled in return and took the package. She opened it to find a lovely pearl necklace- the perfect top-off to her robes. “They were my mother’s and her mother’s before her. Naturally, without a female heir, they go to you.”

“Oh thank you! They are lovely! They’ll be perfect!” Ginny exclaimed, holding the pearls up for her mother to examine.

“Now I’ll let you two prepare in peace. See you in a while, darling,” Narcissa gave a small wave of her hand and went back through the door into the hall as quietly as she had come.

“I am certainly glad that you are getting a good mum-in-law,” Mrs. Weasley smiled. “I wondered at first, but Mrs. Malfoy has shown nothing but grace since you and Draco began seeing each other.”

“Yes, she’s wonderful. A good second mother, but you’ll always be my first and most important!” Ginny beamed, throwing her arms around her mum.

*

Draco Malfoy stood in front of many witches and wizards, most he knew, a few he didn’t. He looked out over the faces in the crowd that were waiting for his bride with him.

After his first kiss with Ginny Weasley, he knew he wanted to marry her. No one else had ever touched his soul as she had. The fire between them had been undeniable and at Christmas, after only six months, he had proposed to her and she had tearfully accepted.

They had their moments, as every couple did, where they disagreed. One of the things he loved about Ginny was that she wouldn’t give in to his every whim. She challenged him, and he challenged her. But the making up was always well worth whatever argument they’d had.

He heard the music announce the Bridal Procession and he looked up to see Ginny on her father’s arm looking more radiant than he’d ever imagined possible. She smiled up at him through the thin veil and, instantly, they both had tears in their eyes.

Before he knew it, Ginny was standing before him and her father was offering him her arm. He reached out and took it and they turned to face each other and recite their vows.

’Ginevra Molly Weasley, I, Draco Lucius Malfoy, offer to you my heart, my mind, my body, and my soul and ask of you the same. I promise to love you faithfully, protect you from the Dark and keep you always in the Light. I will provide for you in sickness and in health, in riches as in want, for as long as we both shall live. I ask that you will have of me.’

The tears slipped silently down Ginny’s face as one rolled down Draco’s own face. He squeezed her hands lightly and she began her part of the vows.

’I will. Draco Lucius Malfoy, I, Ginevra Molly Weasley, offer to you my heart, my mind, my body, and my soul and ask of you the same. I promise to love you faithfully, protect you from the Dark, and keep you always in the Light. I will provide for you in sickness and in health, in riches as in want, for as long as we both shall live. I ask that you will have of me.’

‘I will.’
Draco smiled and looked to Blaise Zabini, his best man, for the ring. Ginny turned to Luna, her Matron of Honor. Each handed the other their respective rings and Ginny went first, sliding the platinum band onto Draco’s ring finger.

’With this ring, I thee wed.’

Draco slid the thin platinum band encrusted all the way around with diamonds onto Ginny’s ring finger. ’With this ring, I thee wed.’

The officiant announced that Draco could kiss his Bride. Draco placed his hands on either side of Ginny’s face, after throwing back her thin veil, and looked into her eyes before kissing her.

“I give you Mr. and Mrs. Draco Malfoy!” Everyone clapped as Draco held out his arm for Ginny, who took it and they strode down the aisle.



~FIN~



A/N: Needed some fluff, I love to read the more angsty stories but not good at writing them just yet. Hope you all enjoyed- thanks for the encouragement and feedback!
The End.
Maelyn is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked Four Weddings and a Funeral also liked 1282 other stories.
Leave a Review