Author's Note: None of the characters or places that I use in this chapter are mine. J.K. Rowling, I envy you for your creative charm.
Enjoy!


Chapter 1: Changes


~:*:~


Walking down the corridor towards charms, her first class of the new school year, Ginny thought back to her summer.

After Harry had broken up with her she had stayed at home most of the week until Fred and George decided that maybe she would be better off helping with their shop.

So she had reluctantly gone with them back to Diagon Alley and stayed the rest of the summer working with them during the day. They spent their nights upstairs, playing wizard's chess or enjoying each others company.

She had almost forgotten about how much Harry had hurt her when the news that the war was over and that Harry had killed Voldemort graced the front page of every wizarding newspaper and magazine (except for the Quibbler, which swore that Voldemort was a ghost all along).

The twins closed the shop that day and kept it closed for the rest of the week in order to join in the celebrations that occured as a result of Harry's accomplishment.

But soon it was back to work. It seemed now that the War was over jokes and pranks were in high demand.

By the end of the summer Ginny was feeling much better about the break-up (the fact that she had seen Harry once in Diagon Alley with four girls all over him had something to do with that); but she was distraught over leaving her brothers. They had become very close over the summer, and she didn't want to leave. In the end they had come to an agreement, if she finished out the year with mostly O's and A's then she could come back to the Shop and have a full-time job. They also agreed that she would be able to stay with them again, above the shop.

Of course, Molly had been upset that her youngest child and only daughter would not be staying at home, but she reluctantly agreed to allow her to stay with the twins. The war was over, and there was no threat to their lives anymore, but there was one condition: Ginny was to visit her mum at least twice a week for lunch and she would stay at the Burrow once every weekend.

"Ginevra Molly Weasley, you are not yet 17, and I will not have you running around completely out of my sight!" her mother had said.

Ginny smiled at the thought. She was going to miss everyone, being back at school for her sixth year, but she was sure to see them at Christmas, so she held her head high and walked into the Charms classroom to Professor Flitwick's smiling face.

"Good Morning Professor!" she called as she plopped into her seat.

Professor Flitwick waved his hand in her direction as a greeting and turned back to the board where he was using his wand to write the day's lesson.

Ginny pulled out her new Charms book and admired her new backpack. All through her life Ginny had only received hand-me-downs, but working for Fred and George had its perks, and a hefty paycheck just happened to be one of them.

She set her book on the desk and pulled out some parchment and her quill and ink. If she was serious about staying with Fred and George again she was going to have to change her study habits, and that started with actually taking notes to study in the first place.

She smiled to herself again and started copying down the day's assignment.

~:*:~
Ginny walked back to her dorm exhausted, apparently her professors were serious about N.E.W.T.S. again after the war because she had more homework than she knew what to do with.

'I think I'll start on all of this before dinner' she thought to herself. 'Maybe I can finish that Defence Against the Dark Arts essay I started in class.' she sighed, I'm glad that Snape didn't make it as long as he used to make Potions essays.'

She dropped the books she didn't need back off at her room and headed to the library to get some more information for her essay.


She stepped out from behind the Fat Lady to see Harry, Ron and Hermione walking towards her. She noticed that Ron and Hermione were holding hands but she pushed that thought aside for later as she kept her head up and walked right past them. She was doing well so far, and didn't want thoughts of Harry to distract her. 'Besides,' she thought to herself as she passed them, 'He isn't thinking about me, now is he?'

She didn't notice Harry turn around to look after her, a sad look in his eyes.

~:*:~
Leave a Review