Chapter 3 – Found

~*~

Ginny had followed Draco out of the dungeons and into a hall that was connected to the Entrance Hall. She noticed that they were still hidden from the view when Draco turned to her.

“Sorry for scaring you back there,” he sighed for the umpteenth time, “I was only trying to help…”

His voice was cut-off by a shrill high-pitched laugh that was truly more of a squeal.

Draco stiffened visibly and poked his head around the bend in the hall to see Pansy Parkinson and her entourage of friends laughing and making their way from the Great Hall directly towards Ginny and himself.

His demeanor quickly changed from calm and caring to glass-like and cold.

‘Here’s the Draco I know and hate.’ Ginny thankfully sighed to herself. ‘At least now I can go back to hating him.’

At this thought a feeling spread through her chest. The only way Ginny could later describe it to herself was that it was the same feeling she had felt the day Percy had left the family.

Draco turned back to her and roughly grabbed her by the arm. Although it seemed he was trying to convey that he was hurting her he actually wasn’t. Ginny merely felt pressure on her arm as if he was leading her rather than dragging her.

Draco pulled her into the Great Hall and shoved her away from him, as if she were diseased.

He made a show of wiping his hands on his robes before pointing to her shouting loud enough that she was sure everyone in the Entrance Hall heard him.

“Next time, Weasley, think twice before coming into my territory alone. Weasley or not, I’m sure some of my friends wouldn’t mind showing you the way we deal with trespassers.”

Ginny fumed. She knew the reason for this, he was a Malfoy and she a Weasley, but was still upset that he would dare treat her this way in front of her classmates.

“A piece of advice Malfoy ,” she spat back at him, “next time you’re looking for a piece of ass I suggest you stay away from Parkinson." She threw her hand up with the thumb pointing towards Pansy. "I’ve heard that she’s concocted, shall we say, a loose taste in men.”

With that she spun around and headed into the Great Hall to find something to eat.

Draco stared after her, amazed.

‘Such spunk from a Weasley? Unheard of.’ He thought with a smirk, slinking his arm around Pansy’s too skinny waist.

‘If that bint thinks this is over she’s got another thing coming.’ He smirked to himself. ‘Weasley senior was getting boring anyways; perhaps the youngest will present more of a challenge.’

His mind was far away and conniving while Pansy snuggled into his arms chatting about some dress or other that Draco couldn’t care less about.

When they got to the Dungeons once again Draco let go of Pansy.

“Sorry, I’ve forgotten that I was supposed to meet with Snape to discuss my …future.”

He paused before leaving the last word hanging in the air, hoping that Pansy wasn’t too thick to get the hint he was dropping.

He wasn’t disappointed when her eyes lit up for a moment and she nodded her head energetically.

Draco was amazed at her unbidden feelings of love for him and for the power he held. He would have to sic Zabini on her later; perhaps if he could catch her with Blaise it would be enough for his father to drop her from the arranged marriage.

Draco hoped, for his sake that it was. Having Pansy as a wife would be the worst form of torture Draco could think of, and he could think of very many.

He pondered on this as he made his way to the Great Hall, his lie about Professor Snape far from the turmoil that was his mind.

~*~

Ginny sat next to Luna and started to pile food onto the plate that had appeared in front of her. Surprisingly it had a red and gold trim rather than the blue and bronze of Luna’s plate’s trim.

Ginny actually smiled at this causing Luna to raise her eyebrows.

“Okay, who is he?” Luna asked Ginny starting back into her meal.

“Whef ish whef?” Ginny said showing off a mouthful of sweet potatoes.

Luna looked up in time to see this and cringed.

“The boy who’s got you smiling of course” Luna rolled her eyes and once again starting eating.

Ginny looked at Luna quizzically and shook her head, swallowing as she did so.

“I was admiring the prowess of the kitchen elves. They knew I was a Gryffindor even though I’m sitting at the Ravenclaw table.”

Luna just shrugged.

“Whatever you say, Gin.” She paused and looked off into the distance as if contemplating, then shrugged at looked back at Ginny.

“You wanna come with me to the library? I’ve got to finish that Potions essay for Snape.”

Ginny shook her head again.

“No thanks, Luna. I think I’ve had enough of that one for today. I’ll catch you later though.” She said, taking one last bite of food having finished the entire plate and getting up to leave.

“Okay, see ya.” Luna grabbed her bag and walked out of the Great Hall in the direction of the Library.

Ginny couldn’t help but notice the amount of boys at the table that stared after her.

‘Lucky bint.’ She though to herself before walking out of the Great Hall towards Gryffindor tower.

She didn’t see the pair of silver-blue eyes haunting her every step.

~*~
To Be Continued.
flame_kitty is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Changes also liked 229 other stories.
Leave a Review