I close my eyes and I keep seeing things
Rainbow waterfalls
Sunny liquid dreams

Confusion creeps inside me raining doubt
Gotta get to you
But I don’t know how

Call me, call me
Let me know it’s alright
Call me, call me
Don’t you think it’s ‘bout time

Please won’t you call and
Ease my mind
Reasons for me to find you
Peace of mind
What can I do
To get me to you


I pressed my cheek against the windowpane. The glass stealing away my warmth. A light breeze tickles my skin, slowly lifting the sheer pink curtains that draw in the sun. It’s another summer day. The kind of summer day that tells you it’s the end. That the days of laziness and freedom will soon be over and school is sure to begin. I close my eyes and sigh. I can’t stand looking at my reflection. Bright blue eyes are now dead inside. I can’t enjoy this summer day because of you. I close my eyes and all I see is you. Remember the fleeting touches, the quick brush of lips. I open my eyes. I see the confusion written all over my face. “Where are you Draco?” I whisper to myself. I run my finger across the glass. “Why haven’t you called?” I repeat this question to myself over and over again like a broken record. I’m so confused. I thought we had something. I thought you loved me. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you don’t care. Maybe what we had meant nothing to you at all. I shut my eyes tightly as I wrap my arms around myself. I can’t think like that. I won’t think like that. But then why haven’t you called? Why won’t you ease my mind? Give me some peace of mind? I need to see you Draco. I need to see you with my own two eyes. I need to know that you are all right. What can I do Draco? Please give me a sign. What can I do to get me to you?

I had your number quite some time ago
Back when we were young
But I have to grow

Ten thousand years I’ve searched it seems and now
Gotta get to you
Won’t you tell me how

Call me, Call me
Let me know you are there
Call me, Call me
I wanna know you still care
Come on now won’t you
Ease my mind
Reasons for me to find you
Peace of mind
What can I do
To get me to you

Ease my mind
Reasons for me to find you
Peace of mind

Reasons for living my life
Ease my mind
Reasons for me to know you
Peace of mind
What can I do
To get me to you


The water trickles down my skin. The hot spray causing goosebumps along my flesh. I can’t seem to get rid of this chill. This chill that has suddenly overtaken me. I saw your father’s face on the Prophet. Captured and sent to Azkaban awaiting the Dementor’s kiss. The Aurors are on their way to the Manor. What will they find Draco? Will they find what I fear has become of you? Another slave to the Dark Lord? I shudder. I press that thought far from my mind. I can’t believe that. I just can’t. If I do then I think my heart will truly die. You are the reason that I am alive. You’re the reason that I’m living my life. You’re the only one who sees me Draco. The only one. And I just can’t let go of that. I sigh as I close my eyes, tears mingling in with the rain. Where are you Draco? Why haven’t you called? I need to see you. I need to be with you. Where are you? I clumsily turn off the shower. I’m colder than I was before. I look into the foggy glass of the mirror. My image distorted on its surface. Why does everything reflect how I feel? Am I so easy to read? I run my hand against the wet surface, letting my fingers allow the glass to show through before I run a towel through my soggy, wet hair. The hair you used to run your fingers through. I step away from the mirror in horror and hurriedly rush to the confines of my room. Why does everything have to be about you? I lean my head against the door. Why is everything I see you? You’ve gotten under my skin Draco Malfoy and it’s killing me. Why are you afflicting me this way? I sigh as I sink to the floor and curl into a ball. Why are you causing me such pain? I hear a tap at the window. It’s soft. I look up and see a tawny, brown owl sitting on the ledge. I’m reluctant to get up but something drives me to the window. I unlock the old latch and open the window. The owl quickly sticks its leg out. I take the small roll of parchment and mutter a quick thank you before the owl flies off. I watch it until it is nothing but a speck in the afternoon sky. I unravel the parchment with trembling hands. My heart seems to know it’s from you before my mind does. A tear trickles down my cheek as I read your four simple words.

Red, wait for me.

Maybe you do care.
The End.
scribbler14 is the author of 2 other stories.

Leave a Review