Disclaimer: Not mine...

Summary: Draco's heart pounded as he walked down a flight of stairs and down a hallway to Ginny’s room. Draco took a deep breath and opened the door....

Author's notes: I'm sorry it took so long for me to write this! I've had a lot going on these past few weeks. Enjoy and please review!
***

Hermione sat in an old wooden chair next to her husband Fred’s hospital bed. It had been nearly a week since Ron had told her of the death of her baby. The news had come as a great shock to her. She’d never expected for anything like this to happen. But now that it had happened the only thing that she could do was learn to accept it. Telling Fred would be the worst part. He had so been looking forward to this child. Hermione knew that it would tear his heart out to hear of his unborn child’s death. She’d been sitting in his room for three hours waiting for him to wake up. Apparently he’d been in a coma ever since that horrible night. It broke Hermione’s heart to see him this way. He had numerous scars on his face and chest, and bruises everywhere. They were both lucky to still be alive.

Hermione closed her eyes as she began to think of that night. She couldn’t remember anything except for falling down the stairs. I must have tripped, she thought to herself. But she’d always been very careful on those stairs. Maybe one of the Hunters pushed her like Ron had said—but no. They were horrible people, but they couldn’t be that horrible. Hermione began to think of her family. Harry and Ron had explained what had happened to everyone. Apparently she, Ron, Fred, and Ginny had been the only survivors. And Ginny was staying at the Malfoy Manor with Draco. Hermione shuddered at the thought. She wondered what horrible things Ginny must be going through at that very moment.

* * *

Ginny took a deep breath as she made her way down to the study a few hours after dinner. She wasn’t able to sleep so she thought that she would come down for a nice read. Ginny glanced at the walls around her. Every wall in the manor was painted either black or green. It seemed so confining to Ginny. She didn’t see how Draco could stand living there for nineteen years. It would have driven Ginny mad. Ginny paused suddenly when she came up to a large mural on the wall. It was a painting of Draco, Narcissa, and Lucius. Narcissa was sitting on a stool and Draco and Lucius were standing on either side of her. Ginny smiled at the painting. Draco couldn’t have been more than four years old. They all looked so happy. What must have happened to them? Ginny wondered.

Ginny sighed and turned to continue walking down the hall. Ginny paused when she heard the sound of people talking. She looked to her left to see a large wooden door with a light blue light seeping out through the cracks. Ginny slowly inched towards the door while wondering who in the world it could be. Draco had gone to bed hours earlier and Lucius’s room was on the other side of the manor. Within seconds Ginny was close enough to the door where she could make out what the voices were saying.

“How much longer do we have to continue with this, Lucius?” A voice that Ginny couldn’t recognize asked.

“Don’t worry. Draco is luring her into our trap as we speak. As soon as we are sure that the little weasel is in love with him we will take her and sacrifice her for the Dark Lord. And then we will be famous amongst all wizards and witches!” Lucius laughed madly.

Ginny covered her mouth with her hand and slowly backed away from the door until her back slammed against the hard stone wall. Tears were streaming down her face and her entire body was beginning to shake. So none of it had been real, Ginny thought. Draco didn’t have feelings for her. He was just using her. But it had seemed so real. Everything that she felt had been real. Anger, sadness, and fear were all engulfing Ginny as she began to drown in her thoughts. The only thing to do was to leave the manor. She could never come back. She could never see Draco again. The thought of it made Ginny’s heart ache but she had no other choice. Ginny took a deep breath to calm herself down and quickly turned on her heel and ran towards her room.

* * *

Draco lay on his bed facing the ceiling thinking about the events of the last few weeks. He’d taken Ginny in and changed her identity to protect her. It seemed so strange even to him, a Malfoy protecting a Weasley. But there was something different about Ginny now, something that he had never seen before. He couldn’t quite name it, but whatever it was, he loved it. Draco suddenly caught his breath in his throat. HE suddenly realized something that had been staring him in the face for the past three weeks. He was truly, madly, and deeply in love with Ginevra Weasley. The thought of it frightened Draco. He’d never been in love before.

Draco felt a warm sensation fill him from within and he welcomed it with open arms. He suddenly felt like he wanted to proclaim his love for Ginny to the entire world. Draco quickly jumped out of his bed, put his house coat on, and began walking to Ginny’s bedroom on the other side of the Manor. He had to tell her what he felt. He could only hope that she felt the same way. Draco's heart pounded as he walked down a flight of stairs and down a hallway to Ginny’s room. Draco took a deep breath and opened the door.
Leave a Review