Chapter Two.

Draco stopped when he reached an old gate, the paint was peeling off and it looked like it would fall apart at any moment. Typical, he sneered. He just didn’t understand how some people could live like that; he had always had the best of things and couldn’t imagine anything else. Well I have enough money, why shouldn’t I spend it? He hesitated before pushing open the gate, what if he caught some unknown disease from touching that filth? He looked up and saw the house for the first time in what seemed like years, even though it had only been about 7 months ago. He had thought back then that he’d never have to come here again, but that was… before all this had happened. The house was falling apart in places and it looked like it was held up with magic, which it probably was. Draco began making his way across the garden to the front door but before he had made it half way he tripped over a stray chicken.

“Bloody chicken!” he hissed, not wanting to make his presence know. Give them a shock, he smirked.

When he reached the door he paused. How am I supposed to break the news to them? Their only daughter is dead and they have a grandchild they never knew about. He breathed in and smelt Ginny’s scent in the air. How is that possible? She’s dead, he wondered but then realised that this was where she grew up and so obviously she would smell partly of that. He looked down at his sleeping daughter and wondered whether this was the right thing to do. It’s not like they’ll miss her, they have enough grandchildren as it is, and if they were so bothered about Ginny why didn’t they come to her wedding, and why did they never come to visit, or bother to keep in touch at all? He suddenly became angry; she had woken up on numerous occasions in tears, wondering what she had done to make them so angry.

“Draco, what have I done? Will they ever forgive me?” she sobbed into his chest, as he held her as though he’d never let go.

With an aching feeling inside him, he raised his hand and knocked on the door, waiting for whatever horror was coming next. He turned around to take in his surroundings, thinking that if he did that he would possibly feel closer to Ginny. As he turned back to face the door, he felt a fist make contact with his jaw.

“WHERE THE BLOODY HELL IS MY SISTER, MALFOY?”

Draco groaned, it was just his bloody luck that the first Weasel he happened to face was Ginny’s youngest brother, Ron.

“Watch it Weasel. You wouldn’t want to hurt family would you?” he said in usual drawling voice.

“You ain’t family.” Ron snapped.

“Something that I’m extremely grateful for. Now if you don’t mind it is rather cold out here and I would like to talk with the rest of the family, it is important and concerns your sister. I’m not sure you are going to like it though…” he trailed off, willing the tears to stay away. He then barged past Ron and into the hallway.

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW YOU BLOODY FERRET. WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO BARGE IN HERE, GO GET GINNY AND PISS OFF BACK WHERE YOU BELONG!” Ron bellowed, his face turning red to match his flaming hair.

“RONALD WEASLEY, WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT USING LANGUAGE LIKE THAT IN MY HOUSE!” came a loud voice as Molly Weasley stepped into the hallway, “DON’T THINK THAT BECAUSE YOU HAVE A FAMILY OF YOUR OWN NOW THAT I CAN’T SMACK YOU ACROSS THE BOTTOM WITH MY WAND!”

She stopped when she realised just who Ron had been yelling at. There he was, the young man who had stolen her only daughters heart and taken her away from her. He was the reason that her daughter was living away at home and had not been in contact for months, he was the reason her daughter was now a Malfoy, a member of a family they had been enemies with for years. However much she hated him though, treating him badly would not get her daughter back, which is all that mattered right now.

“Mr. Malfoy, do come and sit down,” she pointed to the living room, “Make yourself comfortable. Would you like a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate?”

“Thank-you Mrs. Weasley, a cup of tea would be most welcome.” He said, before turning and sitting himself down in an armchair by the fire.

He hadn’t realised how cold he was until he sat down and was overwhelmed by the heat of the roaring fire. He looked around only to see hundreds of family photos. He found one of a 16 year old Ginny, in her bathing suit out by the lake. He picked it up and took it back to the chair which he had vacated when he saw the photo. Her photo self was blushing and trying to cover herself up, before giving up and jumping into the lake to hide. His eyes started to go misty and he furiously rubbed them. He was a Malfoy for crying out loud, Malfoy’s never cried, especially not in the company of Weasley’s. Well actually, he thought, Malfoy’s would never even be in the company of Weasley’s in the first place.

“Right, what the hell are you doing here and where is my little sister?” demanded Ron as he marched into the room and plonked himself down on the sofa. “And I want the truth.”

“I’d rather wait until everyone is here first, there’s something you should all know.”

“You haven’t got her knocked up have you?” the look on Ron’s face was a mixture of fury and shock.

Draco chuckled to himself, Ron obviously had no more brains than he had back in his Hogwarts days, he hadn’t noticed the bundle cradled in his arms. Really it’s amazing how he even made it to be an Auror. Obviously you don’t need brains anymore to be one.

“Now, Mr. Malfoy, here is your tea and the rest of the family should be along any minute now.” Molly had entered the room again.

“Please, call me Draco. Mr. Malfoy makes me feel old and I am your son in law so you don’t need to be so formal.” He took the steaming cup as he muttered a small thank you.

“Now, Draco, please tell me where my daughter is, it just seems wrong how she isn’t here and you are.” Mrs Weasley paused for a moment, “Oh god, she doesn’t hate me does she?”

“No, she doesn’t hate you; she thinks the world of you, Mrs. Weasley, she is unable to be here right now and I had to come and inform you of something important, although it is something I’d rather not be saying.”

“Is she sick? Is she hurt? OMG she’s hurt and in pain and you left her all on her own, how could you?” she was beginning to panic and yell, but stopped when she saw the sad look on his face, an emotion she’d never seen before, a mixture of sadness, loss and hatred. She jumped when she heard the door open and the remaining four of her sons and her husband walk in. She felt a tear prickle her eye when she thought about Percy; he had never made up with the family and still refused to keep in touch, although that Christmas day back six years ago probably had something to do with that. “Now then, everyone’s here now, so please tell us what you came to say.”

Draco shifted uncomfortably in his chair, everyone had their eyes focused on him and most of them looked like they’d gladly kill him on the spot at this very moment.

“Well… uhm… I’m not really sure how to tell you this, but it’s about Ginny.”

“What about my little sister?” snapped Fred (or was it George?)

“Because if you have done anything to hurt her…” continued George (or maybe Fred.)

“We swear that we will.”

“Tie you up and…”

“Hang you from the ceiling by your private parts.” They finished together.

Draco winced, he was not looking forward to that, if they carried out their threat, he was pretty sure they would as well.

“Well it’s bad…” he was interrupted by a wail coming from the bundle in his arms. Looks of confusion spread across the Weasley’s faces. “But first let me introduce you to your granddaughter.” He pulled off the blanket to reveal a tiny little baby with a few red curls on the top of her head, the biggest chocolate brown eyes imaginable and a sprinkling of freckles across her nose. He gently started to rock her, while holding her close to his chest.

“Oh my,” whispered Molly, “She looks just like Ginny did when she was a baby.”

Draco looked down and silently agreed, she certainly did look like her mother. When she had first been born he was slightly pissed off, firstly that she wasn’t a boy, secondly she had the hideous Weasley hair (although he had to admit he loved Ginny’s hair, it wasn’t bright orange like the rest of them, but a deep blood red) and thirdly, she looked nothing like a Malfoy. He was kind of glad of that now, now he would see Ginny live in the form of their daughter.

“What’s the little darling’s name?” asked Molly. “Can I hold her?”

“I haven’t decided on a name yet, and I’d rather I kept hold of her for now, she’s not used to people she hasn’t seen before and she had a sleepless night and I don’t want her screaming for hours again.” The truth was he didn’t want to let go, he was scared of losing her as well. Besides she had rather a tight grip on his little finger at the moment and had fallen back to sleep.

“What’s all this I business Malfoy, doesn’t Ginny get a say in this now? Where is she by the way? You have to tell us now because everyone is here. And I swear if you’ve laid one single finger on her I will kill you, right here, right now. GET HER HERE NOW!” exploded Ron.

Draco sighed and took a deep breath; he couldn’t put it off for any longer. “I can’t get her here right now… she’s dead.” And with that, the tears began to flow.
Leave a Review