Author: Ginny612
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Every chapter is titled after a song and there are a lot of Bryan Adam Songs involved in this story I don’t own anything. All characters and related Harry Potter all belong to J.K. Rowling. Only the plot is mine!
Author Note: Yes, I know that Ginny’s real name is Ginevra Molly Weasley, but for the first four Chapters it’s not she is referred to as either Ginny or Virginia. Also, when I first started to write this story, I didn’t know Ginny’s middle name, so I made it up, and considering it’s in only one chapter, I’m not changing it. I started this story in 2001 so this doesn’t follow the books, well it follows all the books except for the 6th book.

Other pairings include: Harry/Hermione and Ron/Lavender Brown.

Rating: PG-13, or at least will be.

~*~DG~*~DG~*~DG~*~DG~*~DG~*~DG~*~DG~*~DG~*~


Chapter 1 – The Twilight Zone

Last day of testing at Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry…

"Quills down everyone," Professor McGonagall called out, "Please bring your papers up here and place them on my desk."

Everyone did as they were told and as they came up to her desk, she wished everyone a good summer.

Draco Malfoy was one of the very last students to approach her desk. As he placed the test on her desk, he opened his mouth to wish her a good summer when she asked him to stay. As he turned around to go back to his seat, he almost collided with Virginia Weasley. The youngest and only daughter of the family he hated the most. He walked by her and sat down. To make matters worse she had to be specialized in Transfiguration and be in his 6th year class. From his seat he watched as the young girl held a quiet conversation with the professor and then she, too, returned to her seat.

A few minutes have passed and it was just too quiet, so Draco turned to Ginny and said, "What are you still doing here, Weasley?"

Ginny, who was one of the very few girls who wasn't scared of Draco, said, "I asked Professor McGonagall to correct my test before I leave. Though I don't see why that's any of your business. What's your excuse?"

Before Draco could reply McGonagall looked up and said, "Miss Weasley. Mr. Malfoy. Please come up here," the two walked up to her desk. She smiled and looked at Ginny, "Congratulations Miss Weasley, you got a perfect score," Ginny was beaming, "And I got you into next years advanced Transfiguration class too."

"Really?" Ginny squeaked loudly.

Draco had to rub his ear to make sure that he could still hear out of it.

"Yes, really."

"Thank you Professor! Have a good summer!"

Ginny smiled brightly and ignored Draco as she turned to leave, but she stopped when she heard Professor McGonagall call out to her, "Oh Miss Weasley, not so fast. I need you to stay just a few moments longer." Ginny turned around and waited to see what her teacher had to say.

McGonagall turned to Draco and said, "Now Mr. Malfoy, we had a discussion a while ago."

Draco nodded and said quietly, "I remember."

"Well, you didn't fulfill it."

Draco's eyes widened, "You mean I failed?!"

"I'm sorry, but yes."

Draco sighed, "Does this mean I'm not going to move on to my 7th year in September?"

Ginny smirked and laughed to herself thinking that perfect Prefect Draco Malfoy wasn't so perfect. Then suddenly her smile left her face when she realized something, 'Oh my gosh! If he doesn't move on, he'll be in my class!'

"Well, no. I've talked it over with Headmaster Dumbledore. We have discussed it and because you have tried harder we are going to pass you." Ginny was shocked, could they really do that? Ginny just shrugged.

"Thank you Professor," Draco paused for a moment and then with a confused look asked, "Why did she," pointed to Ginny, "have to be here to hear that?"

"I am not done. We have decided that we will pass you, but I am assigning you a tutor."

"A tutor? Who are you going to get to tutor me?" He asked.

Professor McGonagall waved a hand towards Ginny.

"Oh no, no way!” Draco said.

Ginny just stood there with her mouth opened, “But… but… my summer vacation.” Ginny closed her mouth and then said, “No. I won’t do it.”

McGonagall let out a very disappointed breath of air and said, "Now Miss Weasley, Mr. Malfoy, you really have to stop this huge feud." The two looked at each other and looked away, crossing their arms over their chests.

"I'm sorry Professor, but I don't really think that you can make us do this," Draco said boldly and then added, "Can you?"

"Actually no," McGonagall said and the two let out a sigh of relief, "but if you two don't, I shall write a letter to your family and tell them that they need to set you up with a tutor who you seem fit," she said to Draco.

Draco's face dropped, there is no way that he can let his father know that he has failed Transfiguration, "Fine," Draco said in a small whisper.

Ginny's eyes widened. He couldn't be serious!

Draco turned, mumbled a 'Good-bye' to Professor McGonagall, glared at Ginny, and walked towards the door thinking, 'I'll just study really hard and won't have to worry about the Weasel'.

"Oh and one more thing," Draco stopped, "I will be writing to Mrs. Weasley about this whole arrangement and will ask her to keep me posted."

Draco turned and asked innocently, "Why Professor, don't you trust me?"

"No, Mr. Malfoy, I don't," and she went back to grading her papers.

Ginny said 'Good-bye' to the Professor and walked over towards Draco.

"Weasley, I swear if you tell anyone…"

"Who am I going to tell?" she said angrily and she started to walk out of the classroom.

Draco walked up to her and said, "Your brothers, Potter, that Mud…"

Ginny stopped, turned around, and gave him the most evil look that she could muster up, "Shut it Malfoy. If you dare speak that way about Hermione again, I swear I will tell everyone, including your family." Draco opened his mouth to say something when Ginny added, “That’s not a threat, Malfoy, that’s a promise.”

Draco looked a little stunned, "Well, well, looks as though the littlest Weasley has finally grown a back bone."

Ginny kept on walking, "Everyone but my mother and father will be home this summer," before Draco could say another thing, "All the boys, including Harry, Hermione, and Lavender are going to Romania to visit Charlie and Sarah."

Draco couldn't help but hear a little bit of upset in her tone, "Awww, and they didn't want their baby sister to tag along, huh? What is Granger still afraid that you'd steal Harry away? Like you could anyways," he added under his breath.

Ginny stopped once more, almost colliding with Malfoy, poked him in his chest hard, looked up at his gray eyes, and said, "I mean it Ferret Boy, don't try me! I'm not in the mood for it," before Malfoy could say another word Ginny continued, "I will owl you as soon as everyone leaves," with that Ginny turned around and ran down the corridor.

To Be Continued…
Leave a Review