Chapter 4 – Talk To Me

Draco left after the first day declining Mrs. Weasley politely that he would not be staying for supper.

That night Ginny sat at her window seat and wished she were in Romania with her brothers.
It would have been ten times better in Romania with an upset brother than here with a prick of a boy like Draco. She sighed and got under her covers and quickly fell asleep dreading the next day and the days to follow.

Meanwhile at the Malfoy estate…

As soon as Draco got home he was greeted by his father, "So your mother tells me you've been at the Weasley's home."

"Yes father I have," he said hoping that he didn't know the real reason behind it.

"I can't believe Dumbledore is making you tutor that stupid little Weasley," Draco almost opened his mouth to defend her, but thought better of it, "It's not your fault that she failed Transfiguration. She should have to take it over like everyone else. Why does someone of her poor stature get special privileges?"

"I don't know father," his father eyed him curiously, "I feel tired I am going to retire to my room now."

"Fine, I'll have your mother get one of the servants to bring you some food."

Draco nodded and left. As soon as he was out of his fathers' sight he ran all the way to his room. As he got there he was huffing and puffing, "Well, it's good to know what my father really would think if I told him the truth," he said in a sarcastic tone to himself.

"Did you say something master Draco?"

Draco jumped a little; it was one of the new house elves Billy. "Don't you know never to sneak up on me like that?" He said rather loudly.

"Sorry Master Draco," Billy flinched getting ready to be hit, but it never came, "I brought you you're food sir."

"Just put it on the dresser over there."

Billy did as he was told and then went to the door, "If Master Draco needs anything else all you have to do is say the word, Billy will hear him, sir," and with that the elf was gone.

Draco went to his window seat and look at "his" star. It was the same star that he always used to wish upon when he was a little boy. It’s also the star that he always gaze upon when he started to think that wishing was stupid and for little kids. When he got old enough he found out what the stars name was, Andromeda Silver, and where it was located so he could see it at Hogwarts too.

"Why Weasley?" he asked to himself, "Why can't it be anyone but her? What's McGonagall trying to prove anyways? Does she really think that by spending one summer together we'll become friends?" He forced out a smug laugh. He smoothed his hair back, changed into some sleeping clothes, and went to sleep dreading for the next day and the rest of the summer days yet to come.


The next day was just like the following, except he didn't have to go and retrieve Ginny from her room, but he did get another piece of apple pie.

It was another long and boring day with Ginny and once again he declined when Mrs. Weasley asked him if he would like to stay for supper.


By the end of the week Draco was really fed up.

"Well, what do you want me to do about it Malfoy?" Ginny asked becoming a little irritable.

"Why don't we make this at least a little fun?"

She gave him a glare and asked, "What kind of fun are you thinking about?"

"The kind where if I answer a question wrong you get to ask me any question you like and if I answer a question right I get to ask you any question that I want."

"Wow Malfoy," not really interested, "That sounds like a lot of fun," Ginny said a bit sarcastic.

"Come on, you got anything else in mind? Besides maybe I might actually learn something and pay more attention this way."

Ginny sighed and said, "Fine, but within reason."

Draco sighed, "Fine!"

So Ginny taught him a new chapter and asked him a question, he got it wrong and she got to ask the first question. She got a devilish look on her face and said, "I get to ask the first question. Hmmm…" and suddenly one came to her mind, "What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?"

"My most embarrassing moment?" Draco re-asked the question and Ginny nodded, "Um…" Draco said reluctantly to answer the question. "Well, see I used to have a bad bladder." Ginny looked confused. "I… well… let's put it this way, if I laughed too much it made me need to… you know urinate," Ginny just nodded, "Well, I didn't make it some of the times."
Ginny looked at him as though it was nothing big at all, "That's not bad, little kids always do that."

"Not when they're 13."

"Okay, well go on with the story."

"I have to tell you more?" Ginny nodded. "Well, I had this girlfriend from a different wizarding school. Well, she came over one day during the summer holiday and well, she's the only one who knows where I am most ticklish, and so she attacked me. I started laughing and I couldn't stop it, and well, I couldn't hold it either," Ginny could barely hold back her laugh, "Let's just say she never looked at me the same way."

Ginny quickly asked, "How old where you?"

"13," he quickly said.

Ginny started laughing, "I'm sorry, that's really bad," but she couldn't stop laughing.

"So you still laugh."

"It's always funnier when it happens to somebody else."

Ginny poked him in the side, "That's not the spot." Ginny poked him in the chest and a small laugh came out. Ginny looked smug, "Nope, not the spot. It's just so funny, I could sit here all day and you'd never find it."

Ginny poked him in the stomach and Draco shook his head. Never knowing why Ginny got closer to him and spoke quietly into his ear, "What is it Draco, do I have to go lower?"

At this Draco was a little shocked but then smirked and said just as quiet, "Why Ginny Weasley, are you flirting with me?" Ginny realized that she was and she blushed slightly, but didn't move away. Draco continued and with each word he said he moved closer to her, "Strangely that doesn't bother…" just as he was ready to kiss Ginny they both heard Mrs. Weasley call them.

The two broke apart and pretended to be working again, "Working hard are we?" She looked at her watch, "Well, it's time for supper. Draco will you be joining us this evening?"

"Uh… no. But thanks though. I have to get going," he quickly threw all his books into his bag. He turned to Ginny and said, "Well, bye. Have a good weekend, I'll see you on Monday," and with that he was gone.

At the dinner table Ginny just picked at her food. She couldn't quiet understand why she said what she said and wondered what Draco meant with what he said.

"Ginny dear are you all right?" her father asked her.

"Yes Daddy, I'm fine. I think I just got a little bit too much sun today."

"Oh. So how is everything going with tutoring the Malfoy boy?"

"Fine."

"He's not trying anything funny is he? Because if he is I'll…"

"Daddy, everything is fine and he's being really nice."

"Well good I'm glad."

Ginny sighed and put down her fork, "I'm going in early. I'm not feeling all too good."

"Oh okay dear. Good night," her mother said.

"Good night," and she went to both her folks and gave them a kiss on the cheek.

As she sat on her window seat she looked out into the stars. There was only one really bright one. She liked that one a lot, she didn't know why, but she was attracted to it.

"Just like Malfoy. I can't believe I almost let him kiss me. What's going on here? Is it a phase? Is it just because we are spending so much time together?" She looked out at her star one more time and wonder whom else looks to that particular star when they are lost.


Meanwhile far away another person was looking at the same star.

"What the hell is wrong with me? She was flirting with me and I wasn't bothered by it? What is going on with me?" He sighed and looked out to his star. "What am I going to do?"


Ginny was pretty nervous all morning Monday, what if he tells her off for flirting with him? Will he tell anyone that she did? What will he say about the almost kiss?

Ginny was pacing around outside when she walked into someone.

"Ooofff!" and down they both went.

"And here I thought you were talented enough to do two things at once. I guess not," came a voice from next to her.

"Morning Malfoy," she put her head on the ground and looked up to the sky.

"Malfoy again huh? What happened to Draco?"

"Fine, morning Draco.”

"Morning Weasel."

Ginny laughed, "You're such a prat, ferret boy."

"Why thank you for noticing," he got up and offered her a hand. She took it. "Well, come on. Teach me something new today."

Ginny sighed, she didn't know if it was out of relief because he didn't say anything about what happened on Friday or if it was out of upset because he didn't say anything. She grabbed her books and started to teach.

Finally Draco got something right and it was his turn to ask a question. He rubbed his hands together and thought hard.

"Boy Malfoy, if you thought this hard during school, then maybe you wouldn’t have to be here."

"But then I wouldn't be able to see you're smiling face every morning," before he could even think of why he said what he just said, or give her any time to respond to that he said, "So, who was the first person you kissed?"

Ginny looked confused, "You want to know that?"

"Sure."

Ginny knew that she never kissed anyone before and only Hermione and Lavender knew the truth. She has fooled everyone with this story before, so she decided to do it again. "His name was George."

"Was?"

"He moved and is going to another wizarding school."

"Oh."

"Well, he was in Ravenclaw, and one night a bunch of us got together to have a night of games. Well, we had a whole bunch of Muggle games, one in particular called "Twister"."

"Ah, yes, I have actually heard of that one before. That's where you put your hands and feet onto the appropriate circles and the last one standing is the winner."

"Right. So anyways, it was really late and only three of us were left. George and I were playing and some other girl was spinning the dial. Well, in the middle of the game she swore she heard something and said, "Don't move" and she ran off. Well George fell over and knocked me down. I was so excited that I actually won that I didn't even notice that he was still on top of me. I looked up to him and said, 'I won,' He looks down at me and says, 'So did I,' and he kissed me," and she slightly sighed as though she was actually remembering it.

Draco burst out laughing, "What are you laughing at?" She demanded.

"You! That's the most piece of crap lie I have ever heard! Anyone who believes that is…" she was starring down at him with a very evil glare. "Are you serious? People actually believed that?" she nodded. "What's wrong with the real story Weasley, not good enough?"

Ginny looked down and quietly said, "I've never been kissed before."

Draco went slightly wide-eyed, "Never?" Ginny shook her head, "What's wrong with you Weasley? Got dried lips or something?"

"I don't know. Come on we got more work to do," she turned the page in her book and continued. Draco noticed how upset she was with the whole conversation that when it was his turn to ask another question he just declined and told her to continue.


Before the end of the day was up Ginny got the chance to ask him one more question, "So, what is one secret you hold close to you, about yourself, that you have never told another living soul?"

"I play the guitar."

"Wow!" she said sarcastically at first, but then realized something, "but that's a… a…"

"A muggle thing?" Draco finished for her. She nodded, "Yeah. I know. That's why I have to keep it quiet from my folks. If my father ever heard about this he… I don't want to know what he'd do."

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

Draco just smiled. As they were cleaning up Ginny asked another question, "So what made you pick the guitar?"

"Ever heard of Bryon Adams?"

"Heard of him? I have almost every one of his songs."

"My role model."

"Really?" Draco nodded his head, "Wow! So not only are you playing a muggle instrument you have a muggle role model."

Draco shook his head, "You mean he's not?" Draco shook it again. "I never would have guessed."

Draco had all his stuff packed up and he was ready to go. "Well, bye Ginny, see you tomorrow," and away he went.

After a while the tutoring job became more fun then a chore and Draco and Ginny put it beside them that they were supposed to hate each other. As the days and the weeks went by they became better friends and learned more and more about each other. Not only have they been sticking with the asking of the questions they also told each other about experiences and stories that they felt like sharing.

Ginny was laughing from a story that Draco just told her when she asked, "Okay, so what's you're middle name?"

"Do I really have to tell you?"

"Yes you do!"

Draco sighed and said, "It's Clifford."

"Clifford?" Draco nodded.

"Why what's yours?"

"Molly.”

“That’s your mum’s name.”

"Yeah, Hey Draco will you stay for supper?"

This was the first time that she actually asked him and so he surprised her with actually agreeing, "Sure. What's for dinner?"

Ginny smiled and sniffed the air, "Smells like Dad's barbequing. Come on!" She grabbed his hand and pulled him down towards the house.

"Are you staying for dinner dearie?" Mrs. Weasley asked him.

"Yes ma'am I am."

"Good I put on another chicken just in case," came a voice from behind, "Hi. We haven't been properly introduced. I am Arthur Weasley, Ginny's father."

"I know who you are sir and I'm glad to have finely met you face to face. Ginny speaks very highly of you."

Mr. Weasley smiled, "Good first impression, plus trying to earn some extra points, what's next? Are you going to ask for my daughter’s hand?”

"Daddy! It's nothing like that. I'm just tutoring him."

Draco felt a little hurt at that remark so he said, "On the contrary Mr. Weasley. We're just friends."

Mr. Weasley looked shocked, "Friends?" Draco nodded, "Friends between a Malfoy and a Weasley. I haven't seen that since…" he thought for a moment and then said, "Actually I've never seen it before. Well, not if you count that one time that…"

"Arthur, we don't need to bring that up."

"Oh yeah," he turned back to the two sitting at the table. "Sure, it has already started. First it's hate, then it's friendship, and then it's…"

"Daddy!" "Arthur!" Ginny and Mrs. Weasley said together.

"Oh right sorry."

They ate the rest of the meal in silence.

When they finished Draco and Ginny walked back to where they were studying, "I'm so sorry about that."

"About what?"

"About my father. I'm the only daughter so naturally he does that with everyone. Neville came down during summer one year and my dad pounded him like that too. And I don't even…" Ginny was going to say, 'like him' but thought better of it.

"Hey, it's no problem, he's just being cautious over his only daughter."

Ginny just smiled. She sat down under her favorite tree and looked out to her favorite star,

"Come here. I want to show you something." Draco took a seat next to her, "Look. See that star."

"Uh-huh."

"That's my star."

"Sorry it's already taken."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean it's mine."

"Are you serious?" Draco just nodded his head, "Oh."

"But I'm willing to share it."

Ginny smiled, "Sharing sounds nice." They sat there for a little while looking up at the star when Ginny said, "Oh yes, I forgot to mention something," Draco turned towards her. "We can't get together tomorrow."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, it’s my birthday."

"Well, happy birthday." Ginny just smiled. "So Ginny," he said and laid down on the ground, "What do you want for your birthday?" he saw the look that she gave him and said, "It's just a rhetorical question."

"Well, if I could have anything in the world, it would be to have my ‘Ginevra’ bracelet back again."

“Ginerva bracelet?” Draco asked confused, “I never heard of that. Is that the name of the company, because if it is, it must be really old.”

Ginny looked at him and swatted at him, “That’s not funny!”

“What?”

“You don’t know?”

“Know what?” Draco asked, once again confused.

“You really don’t know?” Draco just shook his head, “Ginevra is my name.”

“Shut up.”

“No, I’m serious, Ginevra is my name.”

Draco looked stunned, “But I’ve been calling you Virginia all summer long. You never once corrected me.”

Ginny just shrugged, “Sometimes I wished my name was Virginia, it’s so much better then Ginerva.” She lied back onto the grass and sighed, “It was my great-grandmother’s name. She was a nurse at St. Mungo’s; she died when I was pretty young. I don’t really remember her.”

“Well that’s a lot better story then where my name came from.” Draco stated.

“What’s your story?”

“You know the Hogwarts motto; Draco dorms or whatever the hell it is?”

Ginny laughed and said, “You mean Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus?” Ginny asked
trying to figure out where this story was going.

“Um… yeah, I didn’t think that anyone knew how to pronounce that. Yeah, well that’s what I’m named after.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah, besides, I like your name, it’s really unique and different.” Ginny just shrugged,
“I’m going to call you that from now on.” Ginny opened her mouth to say something when Draco added, “So, tell me about this bracelet.”

"See when I was little my great-grandmother bought it for my fourth birthday. It was a silver bracelet, which had my name on it and the "I” was dotted with a red stone."

"Ruby?"

"I doubt it. Anyways, at the playground there was this really mean snotty girl and tore it off my wrist. When she did that it broke into three pieces.” There was a small pause.

"Oh yes and I forgot to tell you something."

"What's that?"

"Mother wants you to come to the manor next weekend."

Ginny sat there frozen. She remembered what his father did to her in her first year at Hogwarts. She gulped and said, "Will… uh… well, will… your father be there?"

"You're afraid of my father?"

"Well, don't you remember what he did to me in my first year?"

"I thought you weren't supposed to know about that."

"I have 6 older brothers and there's Harry, and Hermione who never really care about keeping their voices quiet."

"Oh. Well, I don't think he'll be there, but if he is, he'll be good," he put his hand on her leg and rubbed it soothingly, "I'll keep you protected."

Ginny just smiled and blushed a little. Ginny opened her mouth to say something when they heard someone calling her. She stood up quickly and said, "Hermione!"

He stood up slowly and grabbed his books, at this point he really couldn't care less if she saw them or not.

The voice was getting louder.

"I'll see you next weekend. Have a Happy Birthday," he kissed her on her cheek and off he
went.

Ginny just stood there with her hand on her cheek and a smile on her face.


To Be Continued…
Leave a Review