You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.


After the small exchange with Ginny, which resulted in him not even ridiculing her, Draco threw himself into yet another plan. It was around February, and the snow had settled nicely outside of the castle. This was the big one. If his plan succeeded, Hogwarts would be attacked, he'd kill Dumbledore, the Dark Lord would be the most powerful in England, and Draco himself would become the Dark Lord's most loyal and trusted adviser. If the plan did not excel, then Draco would land himself with his father in Azkaban. And that was the last thing he wanted.

Draco barely noticed the Quidditch Cup game approaching. He had skipped so many of the games that he scarcely paid attention to the Quidditch season this year. His plan, as well as his thoughts of Ginny, consumed most of his time. Also, Potter appeared to be aware of the plan, which made Draco a bit more cautious. If Potter found out exactly what Draco was doing, the results wouldn't be pretty. He hadn't even told Crabbe and Goyle about the Dark Lord's plans. Draco Malfoy wanted all the glory to himself.



The day after the Quidditch Cup game, Draco heard gossip that after the Quidditch game, Harry Potter had kissed Ginny Weasley in the Gryffindor common room. Draco didn't want to believe the things being said. It would only make the realization that he had no future with Ginny Weasley a reality. Draco, during those long hours of sitting in the Room of Requirement, had began to imagine a life with Ginerva Weasley at his side. In his fantasy, Ginny had fallen head over heels, hopelessly in love with him, because he was most loyal to the Dark Lord, and in Draco's mind, the position held unsurpassable fame, especially if he succeeded in his plan.

But those thoughts completely turned into dust once Draco witnessed Potter and Ginny holding hands on their way to lunch.

_

More than ever, Draco Malfoy was determined to murder Dumbledore. And with the part of the plan involving the Room of Requirement accomplished, all Draco really had to worry about was planning the perfect evening to do so. Preferably, it would be some time when Dumbledore was alone and outnumbered.

But Draco, when lying down in bed, engulfed with darkness, often feels dejected over Ginny. It was hard to ignore feelings, even for a Malfoy.

_

Finally, that fateful day had arrived. Draco got news of Dumbledore leaving the Hogwarts grounds, probably in search for something to do with the Dark Lord, no doubt. The plan fell into action when the first of the Death Eaters appeared. There were a thousand little golden Snitches zooming around in the pit of Draco Malfoy's abdomen. But he had to be brave. And he had to succeed; Malfoys never failed at anything. And if they did, they bought their way out of it. But there was no money exchanging hands this time. Draco was in a situation where he couldn't back out on, not that he wanted to anyway.

The following events were a blur. There was dueling between the wizards on Dumbledore's side and the wizards on the side of the Dark Lord. Draco Malfoy threw out various curses and hexes. But Draco came to a standstill when he saw Ginny Weasley fighting on behalf of Dumbledore. Sure, he knew which side she and her family were on and everything, but he didn't think that she'd be actually out there, dueling with bigger and more powerful wizards and witches than she. It took nerves. Draco Malfoy admired Ginny's guts.

Ginny's face had taken on the same fierce look she had had when she was hexing whoever it was on the train so many months earlier.

Suddenly, Ginny pointed her wand directly at Draco and shouted out a hex. Draco jumped out of the way, almost shocked that Ginny would try to attack him. In his mind's eye, Ginny was in love with him, (yet she didn't know this yet) and would never want to hurt him.

And in a moment, everything, every single thought that had occurred about the youngest Weasley within the last school year came crashing down. And it dawned on him. Ginerva was on Dumbledore's side. Ginny was dating Harry Potter. Ginny didn't give a damn about Draco in the least.

Nothing else mattered to Draco anymore. He edged himself away from the ongoing duels to go finish off the final deed: killing Dumbledore.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth.
I will never be with you.
The End.
implausible is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked You're Beautiful also liked 1094 other stories.
Leave a Review