Disclaimer: If it were mine HBP would have been a lot different...

Summary: Set sixty years after the last story.

Author's notes: I'm not too sure about this one. I like it, but I think that it might need something else. Well, I'm looking orward to your reviews! Enjoy! ("Never too far away" is by Mariah Carey)
******

You're with me
Til the bitter end
What we have transcends
This scary end's
Too painful to
Talk about
So I hold it in
Til my heart can mend
And be brave enough to love again

Draco Malfoy sat in a rocking chair on his front porch. Exactly sixty years had passed since the night that Ginny Weasley died. He still mourned her death. Draco rocked back and forth as he looked out into sunset. This was the kind of home that Ginny always wanted; painted white with blue shutters, a wrap-around porch, and two identical rocking chairs. Everything that Ginny had ever wanted was right here. Only one thing was missing—Ginny. Draco had spent his entire life trying to figure out how to live without her. And now, as he neared the end of it, he was trying to figure out how to die without her.
He’d spent his entire life alone. Well, not alone exactly. He got married when he was thirty years old, though he never truly loved his wife. They didn’t have any children and his wife had passed away ten years earlier. He tried to miss her desperately—the way he missed Ginny—but he couldn’t. He did miss her, but he never felt the utter feeling of loss whenever he thought about her. He just couldn’t let go of Ginny. He’d never be able to let go.


A place in time
Still belongs to us
Stays reserved in my mind
In the memories there is solace
Ohh, never too far away
I won't let time erase
One bit of yesterday
Cuz I have learned that
Nobody can take your place
Though we can never be
I'll keep you close to me

Draco sighed as the sun began to set behind the hills and he slowly got up from his chair and made his way inside the house. He walked to the kitchen and tidied it up a bit. The house was never messy, but he to do something to pass the time. All of his old friends were dead now. Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Harry Potter had all died years earlier. He was alone in a house with five extra bedrooms—all empty. Draco decided that he was finished in the kitchen and walked down the hallway to the bathroom. Draco looked at himself in the mirror. Time had really changed him. His face was wrinkled and old, and his hair was pure shade of white—or what was left of it was. Draco sighed once more, brushed his teeth, washed his face, and walked out of the bathroom.
Draco stopped in front of the stairs. Lately, he’d been having trouble walking up them. He was old, and his body didn’t always want to do this that it used to. Draco took a deep breath and began walking up the stairs.

When I remember
Glittering lights
Innocent eyes
Still preserved in my mind
In the memories I find solace

Draco was pretty confident that he was going to make it up the stairs. He was nearly halfway there already. Then, Draco lost his balance. He grabbed for the railing but it was too late—he was already falling backwards. Draco felt his bones breaking as he rolled down the stairs and came to a painful stop at the bottom. He tried to take a deep breath but felt a stabbing pain at his ribs. He was dizzy and he could see a small pool of blood forming on the floor next to him out of the corner of his eye. Draco knew right then that he was going to die. Worry and fear washed over him. He began questioning everything. Have I lived a good life? He asked himself. Have I been the best person that I can be? Draco could feel himself drifting away from his body. He tried to cling on but it was too late. His soul escaped him and he felt himself drifting upwards into a warm white light.


Ohh, never too far away
I won't let time erase
One bit of yesterday
And I have learned that
Nobody can take your place
Though we can never be
I'll keep you close to me



Draco found himself standing at the edge of a large pond overlooking the vastness of a valley that was spread out before him. Wildflowers were blooming all throughout the valley. Yellow, pink, purple, and white flowers were covering every inch of the place. The water was so calm that he almost believed it to be a mere painting. A light breeze swept by Draco, blowing his hair into his eyes. Wait a minute, Draco thought, I don’t remember having this much hair. Draco slowly stepped toward the water and looked at his reflection in it. He nearly yelled in shock. He was young again. He looked the same way he had when he was seventeen; White-blond hair, deep gray eyes, and smooth young skin. Draco shook his head and looked around him once more. His gaze soon fell upon three figures walking towards him. Draco’s heart rejoiced as he saw the faces of Hermione, Ron, and Harry. He hadn’t seen them in so long. But how did they get here? Where was here?
Draco ran towards his friends and halted in front of them. They were young again too. Draco smiled as a tear ran down his cheek.
“How did you get here?” He asked them. “Where is here?”
“You don’t know?” Hermione asked. “This, Draco, is Heaven.”


And I'll remember
A place in time
Still belongs to us
Stays reserved in my mind
In the memories there is solace



Draco’s jaw dropped. “Heaven,” he repeated. “You mean, I died?”

Harry laughed. “Well, yes,” he said, “That’s kind of how you get here.”

“This place, it’s…enchanting. There’s something so familiar about it.”

Ron smiled. “What do you find familiar about it?”

Draco thought for a moment. “It’s just a feeling I get,” he answered. “I can feel a presence here. I can feel…Ginny.”

Hermione smiled. “Draco, turn around.”

Draco looked at Hermione confusedly and slowly turned around. Draco gasped and his heart felt as though it had stopped beating; before him, looking more beautiful than ever, stood Ginny Weasley. Draco stared at her in awe. It had been sixty years, sixty long years, but he felt as though he was falling in love with her all over again. Draco could feel the tears pouring from his eyes as he stared at this beautiful memory. But it wasn’t a memory. It was real.

“Ginny…” Draco cried, “Oh, Ginny…my love.” Draco ran towards Ginny and scooped her up into his arms. He twirled her around and put her back on the ground. Draco smiled as he looked into her beautiful brown eyes and saw that see too was crying. Draco leaned down and kissed her with all of the passion he could muster.

He’d missed feeling this way. He’d missed feeling like someone cared about him. He’d missed Ginny. Draco pulled away from the kiss and reach out to hold Ginny’s hands.

Ginny smiled and looked Draco straight in the eyes. “I’ve been waiting for you.”




Ohh, never too far away
I won't let time erase
One bit of yesterday
Cuz I have learned that
Nobody can take your place
I know we can never be
I'll think of you and me
Always remember
Ohhh...
You're never too far
The End.
Sloshie is the author of 3 other stories.

Leave a Review