Chapter 9- Unveiling

Ginny and Draco stood just outside the Great Hall, a heated debate taking place.

“I don’t want to go in there.”

“You have to.”

“No, I could go live in the Forbidden Forest.”

“You’d die.”

“Good.”

“If you die, I’ll never get back to our time.”

“Glad you care so much about me.”

“Naturally. Can we go now?”

“No.”

“Ginny-”

“It’s Isendre now, remember?”

“How could I forget, sweetheart? Now let’s go in, someone’s coming.”

Ginny groaned, but walked through the door to the Great Hall. Draco followed her through, tossing an arm around her shoulders. When she started to pull away, he leaned close and hissed into her ear, “Are we dating or not?”

Ginny growled low in her throat. “Not.”

Draco raised an eyebrow and removed his arm. “Suit yourself.”

Ginny glanced around the Great Hall, wary of the hungry male eyes following her. “We’re being stared at.”

“Correction: you’re being stared at. Remember, be sensual.”

Ginny frowned at him, but threw a sultry smile at some random Ravenclaw. Moving her gaze to the Gryffindor table, she saw Sirius gaping at her, eyes wide. ‘We’d make a really cute couple. I’m just as hot as he is now, probably more so.’ She glanced at Draco out of the corner of her eye. ‘Anyway, I’d rather date Sirius than a Malfoy.’

Ginny was brought out of her thoughts by hands on shoulders, pushing her into a chair in the middle of the Slytherin table. She glared at Draco, who threw a warning look back.

“Be Slytherin-like,” he hissed in her ear, taking a seat next to her. “And let me do the talking.”

Ginny rolled her eyes. “My pleasure.”

Narcissa Black, sitting very near Lucius Malfoy, was the first to speak. “Erik, who’s this?”

Draco favored his mother with a smile. “This is a good friend of mine, Isendre Delacour.”

“What a beautiful name.” Narcissa gave Ginny a warm smile. “It’s French, isn’t it?”

Mentally cursing Draco into oblivion, Ginny nodded, forcing a pleasant look onto her face. “Yes, quite.”

Lucius coolly raised an eyebrow. “You don’t have much of an accent, Miss Delacour.”

“Oh, I lived here in Britain for most of my childhood. My family didn’t move to France until I was ten years old.”

Narcissa leaned across the table, nearer to Ginny. “How did you and Erik meet? He’s been home schooled, so you obviously didn’t meet at school.”

Draco jumped in before Ginny could answer. “We met last year through mutual friends.”

Ginny smiled, a mischievous glint sparkling in her green eyes. “Yes, we met at a musical theatre performance.”

Lucius’s brows threatened to disappear into his hairline. “You don’t mean to tell me that you sing and dance, Erik?”

“Oh no,” Draco said hurriedly, before Ginny could say he did. “I was in the audience. It’s Isendre here that does the singing and dancing; she’s simply amazing.”

Narcissa looked vaguely impressed. “Perhaps we’ll have to have a rendition back in the common room later.”

Ginny threw a death look at Draco, hoping that her bared teeth passed as a smile to everyone else at the table. “Perhaps.”




“I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,” Ginny whispered angrily to Draco as they descended into the dungeons. “I hate you so much I can’t even put it into words. I have officially never hated anyone more than I hate you right now. It’s impossible for someone to hate someone else more than I hate you. I can’t even begin to express-”

Draco glanced around warily. “Ginny, we’re supposed to be good friends, remember?”

No one can act that well.”

Draco sighed, but continued on in the direction of the Slytherin common room. “At least pretend you like me.”

“Still testing my talents, but I’ve always enjoyed a challenge.”

“Here we are.”

Ginny stopped ranting in surprise. “This is it? A wall? You guys can’t come up with anything more creative than a wall?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Your common room entrance, it’s pathetic! I mean, Gryffindor has a painting to admit us, Dumbledore has a statue. Heck, even the prefect bathroom has something more interesting than a sliding wall.”

“I’m seriously beginning to doubt your sanity. Muggle.”

“What did you call me?”

“It’s the password.”

“Whoa, I wouldn’t have ever guessed that in a hundred years.”

“That’s the idea.”

“I loathe you.”

Draco sighed. “So you’ve said.”




“Erik, who is this?”

Ginny turned to see an extremely good-looking black boy looking her up and down.

“This is Isendre Delacour. Dee, this is Emerson Zabini.”

Ginny smiled and put out her hand. “It’s a pleasure to
meet you, Emerson.”

Emerson took her hand and bowed to kiss it. “The pleasure is all mine, I can assure you.”

“Oh, how charming.” Ginny was quite popular around Hogwarts in her time, but they didn’t have this kind of good looking men. He was actually flustering her.

“Isendre! I want to hear this amazing voice of yours!”

Ginny dropped Emerson’s hand and promptly forgot all about his charm. “Excuse me?”

Narcissa walked over from across the Common Room, grabbing Ginny’s arm and pulling her closer to the fireplace. “You said at dinner that you’d sing for us.”

Ginny looked to Draco for help, but he simply smiled and mouthed, “Be Slytherin.”

Ginny sighed, thought for a moment, then nodded to herself. Pulling her wand out and muttering under her breath, Ginny dimmed the lights to a sultry glow. Music filled the common room, and someone used their wand as a spotlight on Ginny. She started to sing.

Right now, he’s probably slow dancing with a bleach-blonde tramp

And she’s probably gettin’ frisky

Right now, he’s buyin’ her some fruity little drink

‘Cause she can’t shoot whiskey

Right now, he’s probably up behind her with a pool stick

Showing her how to shoot a combo

And he don’t know


Ginny’s green eyes caught Draco’s, promising to somehow get revenge on him for this.

That I dug my key into the side

Of his pretty little, souped-up four-wheel drive

Carved my name into his leather seats

I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,

Slashed a hole in all four tires

Maybe next time he’ll think before he cheats


As the music slowed down for another verse, Ginny moved her hips lightly, tantalizingly, to the beat.

Right now, she’s probably up singing some white-trash version

Of Shania karaoke

Right now, she’s probably saying ‘I’m drunk,’

And he’s a-thinkin’ that he’s gonna get lucky

Right now, he’s probably dabbin’ all three dollars worth

Of that bathroom cologne

Oh, and he don’t know

That I dug my key into the side

Of his pretty little, souped-up four-wheel drive

Carved my name into his leather seats

I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,

Slashed a hole in all four tires

Maybe next time he’ll think before he cheats

I mighta saved a little trouble for the next girl

‘Cause the next time that he cheats

Oh, you know it won’t be on me


Ginny rolled her neck to the light music, watching the male eyes follow her movement.

No, not on me

‘Cause I dug my key into the side

Of his pretty little, souped-up four-wheel drive

Carved my name into his leather seats

I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,

Slashed a hole in all four tires

Maybe next time he’ll think before he cheats

Oh, maybe next time he’ll think before he cheats


Ginny let her voice go husky on the last word, smirking in a very Slytherin-like way at the open-mouths that greeted her.
Leave a Review